“Good food”
Review of Golden Monkey

Golden Monkey
Reserve with Chope
Golden Monkey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 913 Restaurants in Ubud
Description: Golden Monkey Chinese restaurant is located in central Ubud and serves Cantonese and Szechuan dishes including all your classic favourites. The restaurant provides friendly service with a smile, it's elegant causal atmosphere is perfect for couples, families and friends celebrating special occasions or for people just craving some of the islands best Chinese food.
Reviewed June 8, 2018

My partner and I visited on our last day and the food did not disappoint. Absolutely delicious, although expensive, it was worth it.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Just been to this spot in Ubud , had all my favourite Chinese food , awesome, maybe a little more expensive than some local places but I find Chinese is always more expensive.
Staff and service was perfect , quick and. efficient .
I checked out ( as you do ) the other Reviews
And there was a “terrible “ the reviewer mentions having boiled rice added to their bill and the waitress telling them that it was included which is where the “terrible “ review stemmed .
I feel I need to point out that the staff in most restaurants are local village people and probably have learned their English by working in shops and restaurants from their customers ( who for English is not even their native tongue ) so the waitress/ waiter probably didn’t understand the question and simply said yes to appease their customer and I’m sure not to deliberately deceive .
And in the response from Golden Monkey mentions the rices was $1 but actually it’s not even that much so to say “ Terrible “ I feel is unjust
Just saying

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

An easily spotted restaurant with takeaway also available, the food here was bursting with flavour and interesting combinations.
For starter we had hoisin duck skin pancakes which were very impressive. Considering our normal expectation is to include the duck meat as well, it did not feel like this was lacking here.
Following this we had kung pao duck and honey sesame chicken with special fried rice for mains. The Kung pao was deliciously dark and rich in flavour, whilst the honey sesame was typical of a sweeter Chinese dish but of higher quality in our opinion.
Staff were friendly and the cost was reasonable considering the quantity of food we had, which was a lot.

Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

For Bali, it is a pricey restaurant, but the food is worth it. Everything we ordered was insanely tasty. "Dim sum was the best"

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Had really looked forward to this Chinese meal, but we were both disappointed with the food which was mediocre at best. The restaurant was lovely and the staff friendly and efficient but the chicken, beef, pork that we had were all very chewy and the special fried rice was disappointing. We also thought it expensive for what we had and not value for money. Paid more than we would in Aus for a similar meal. Still you can't win them all and I know lots of people love this place, so perhaps it was just our choice of food. Maybe will do better if we ever come again.

Been to Golden Monkey? Share your experiences!