“Luxurious paradise in the middle of Balinese...”
other traveler has booked this property

Review of Pudja guesthouse

living area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
living area
Great tropical garden, amazing courtyard & view...
Designed with natural material
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Nina T
Singapore, Singapore
“Luxurious paradise in the middle of Balinese beauty”
Reviewed July 13, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

For the birthday of my boyfriend, I booked two nights at Pudja Guesthouse. The best decision ever! After passing gorgeous landscapes on the road from Ubud to the guesthouse, we arrived in an authentic Balinese village that is surrounded by beautiful nature. Bayu and his family welcomed us with big smiles in their traditional Balinese family compound. It is clear that Bayu loves gardening and has an eye for detail. The whole compound is very well maintained. The guesthouse is located in a quiet and private backyard and has a very stylish and modern architecture and interior design. A luxurious paradise in the middle of Balinese beauty. Bayu and his family took great care of us and made sure we got everything we needed and more. We had a wonderful time exploring the village and the Ubud region and we highly recommend Pudja Guesthouse as a home away from home. Thank you for everything Bayu and family! My boyfriend will always remember this amazing birthday!

leroy v
“Just lovely ”
Reviewed July 13, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Simply amazing. The house is beautiful and luxurious, situated in a peaceful, authentic Balines area.
Bayu welcomed us like family and made our stay a wonderful experience.
6/5

pasris130...
Marseille, France
“Home sweet Home”
Reviewed February 15, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Our stay was such unforgettable thanks to the incredible Bayu, who perfectly knows how to receive you!! His kindness, thoughtfulness, readiness etc have made our holidays really perfect!!!

Tour75136...
“Paradise!”
Reviewed February 4, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Bayu and his family made my short trip to Bali the most incredible experience and I cannot wait to return!

As a solo female traveller, Bayu and his family were most welcoming and made me feel very comfortable and safe. On the day of my arrival, Bayu picked me up from the airport and drove us to his home; along the way Bayu described many aspects of Balinese culture and recommended some fantastic places.
The second day, Bayu's cousin - Bella, kindly offered to show me around the local area and drove me to the nearby Monkey Forest, Tegalalang Rice Fields and Tegenungan Waterfall where we also stopped and had lunch. Each day Bayu cooked me a wonderful breakfast consisting of eggs on toast, tea and a beautiful fruit platter right on my doorstep.

Bayu's home is gorgeous and the garden was absolutely lush, maintained dearly by his family and Bayu himself. I booked the double room which had plenty of space and was beautifully decorated (including the stunning ornate carved door and windows). I also had my very own private bathroom which even had an open roofed shower and hot water - I have had no issues with any of the facilities and everything was immaculate.

Bayu was incredibly accommodating and made my stay most enjoyable. Thank you so much Bayu and your family for opening up your home and creating such an amazing experience! 100% would recommend and I cannot wait to bring my family here in the near future.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Eperke
Budapest, Hungary
“Home away from home”
Reviewed January 26, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

We have been to Pudja Guesthouse three times, for about two months altogether. And we keep coming back for good reasons.
1. The house is just perfect: built and furnished with attention to details, complete with a gorgous open air bathroom and kitchen. It is beautiful and comfortable, clean and absolutely free of mould. A rare find in this price range. The garden and the jungle view is amazing.
2. We also love the location: a beautiful village, relaxed and not noisy. Ricefields are a short walk away, as well as a sacred spring in the jungle. The more adventurous can take a hike to Ubud. We did that many times and enjoyed it a lot! Ubud center is easy to acces if you rent a motorbike (about 20 min). Tegallalang rice terraces are even closer.
If you want cultural immersion, this place is a must go: you can meet the locals, see their everyday life and even play sports with them. You can also go to ceremonies to nearby temples with the hosts.
3. And the best of all is the hosting family. Bayu is a professional host and a good friend. His wife, two children, and parents are lovely and all smiles. They treated us as part of their family, and we are really grateful for that.
All in all, Pudja is a great choice if you want to enjoy the magic of Bali!

Bine R
“Best stay in Ubud area”
Reviewed October 11, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Bayu is an amazing host, he did so much for us I can't even fit it all within a review. He made us feel very welcome as he even came to pick us up to our previous stay. The house itself looks brand new and is very beautiful, clean and its value is amazing for the price. He explained all the balinese traditions and took the time to escort us to his rice terrace and the famous Tegallalang rice terraces. The breakfast he prepares, is delicious an he can also arrange a cheap but tasteful dinner if needed. His family is lovely and always smiling:) His father owns a small business for washing clothes, so he can even wash your clothes for a very cheap price. All in all, if you are checking out this listing I urge you not to look any further. This place is the best thing that ever happened to us and we've been to many BnB's but none of them even come close to this. This truly is an authentic Balinese experience and we learned so much from it. Thank you so much Bayu, this was a life changing experience. We would love to visit again next time when we visit Bali :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing