“Awful”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The food was ok and nothing to shout about. Its cheap though.

The place itself is a little shabby and dirty. The staff are really really rude and uninviting.

3  Thank MrAndMrsFoodie
Write a ReviewReviews (2,983)

Reviewed July 17, 2010

Singaporeans rave about this restaurant as a must-go in Ubud and rightly so. The restaurant is full the weeknight we were there and friends had told us to be there early or be left without a seat.

The ribs we ordered were super yummy. The marination sipped into the meat and every mouthful is an explosion of flavours. We also ordered a plate of chip fries to share - that was yummy too.

All said about the delicious ribs, please do not expect much from the restaurant premises. It is old, run-down and messy. I was sitting along the counter (more like a dis-used bar) and witnessed a bold rat scurrying along the window ledge and along the television top. Well, truth to be told, the rat does not look that out of place in the resturant. I haven't heard of anyone falling sick after a meal there though... you have been warned.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

It's opposite to Neka. When we were caught by the smell of spare ribs, I decided to have our meal there. People just share large tables and the food is served with big smount and all very delicious. Spare ribs are the best I ever have and next time I must try the sausages too.They looked so tasty.

1  Thank honeyling
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Nuri's was recommended to me by Indonesian friends so I decided to see what the fuss was all about. The staff were I was staying suggested going on Wed night instead of Thurs as it would be busy. Arrived at 7pm and ended up sitting at the bar because all the tables were full. One plate of ribs was 70000Rp and mixed salad was 20000Rp; Bintang on draft. The food was so-so: meat did not fall off the bones and sauce didn't carmelize the way I had hoped from an open grill. The place was smokey and a dive (but that's what you get from a warung).

Reviewed May 13, 2010

needed a more upscale ambiance, and there was a wait.
Went to Cafe des Artistes instead - would recommend that.
Also in Ubud - loved Bali Buddha and Tut Mac.