“Great martinis and spareribs” 5 of 5 bubbles

Naughty Nuri's Warung and Grill
Ranked #95 of 714 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Asian, Indonesian, Fusion
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great martinis and spareribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and I ventured up to Naughty Nuri's (not to be confused with the Mexican sister restaurant next door) and had a great time. We sat at a communal table and ordered nasi goreng, spareribs, a Bintang beer, and a dirty martini. The martini was fantastic, as was the nasi goreng. The spareribs were especially delicious - and the hot sauces on the table made them even better. After eating, we talked with Nuri who was jovial and kind. A great, cheap lunch.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Jakarta
“Authentic Ribs in Ubud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

Just order grilled ribs there. It taste very good.

Only due the popularity of this place the price jumps up.

The atmosphere is nice but you cannot stay too long here. There are a long queue of visitors outside.

Perth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Ribs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

We were lucky to get a large enough table to fit 7 of us. We had to wait quite awhile till we got the waitress's attention but it was worth the wait. I normally don't like ribs as most are just full of bones. But this one was juicy, tender and full of flavour! it was cheap too compared to ribs back in Perth...I think we paid around $10 per person. Fanstastic value for money local food in Bali indeed!

Melb
“So overated, so not worth it and beware we saw a rat there!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

Naughty Nuri's is always fully packed with tourists. Admittedly we were attracted to it in the first place because it has a barbeque going on outside and it's smells REALLY good.

We waited for a little while and got seated- it's really crowded and it looks like some Amercian rib joint. Looking around I suddenly saw a rat scurrying across the beam on the ceiling. YIKES. My friends STILL insisted on eating there so reluctantly I obliged.

I must say it's pretty much a complete waste of calories. The ribs we ordered are ordinary, and the nasi goreng seemed to be full of MSG as I keep having to slurp water the whole night.

Fortunately we did not get food poisoning from this place or else I would have been extremely annoyed.

View my travel food blog at:

• Visited April 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Yogyakarta
“The price keep climb up!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

As what other reviewers had said, the pork ribs is their best! Although, sometimes, when you're not lucky, you may get a tough one!
Previous one I had was tasteless. OK, it had the meat taste, but the spice marinated was not going deep in it, and the meat was not as tender as the ones before that.

Place was packed, the last time we visited there, they finished the pork ribs so we had to satisfied with grilled chicken and sate babi. Again, the satay had tough meat.

But I always love their vegetables soup. Piping hot, and simply spiced with garlic. It's so yummy, and felt so healthy!

Naughty Nury's and it's sister company Nury's, now charge you for tax. Therefore, a pork ribs and a portion of french fries easily cost you approx. IDR 115,000. Add the famous martini, your bill will be easily end up at IDR 250,000 at least, per person. They're still worth the price, but I guess, I will not go there as often as before!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank orang-gunung

Been to Naughty Nuri's Warung and Grill? Share your experiences!