“Not Impressed”

Tutmak
Ranked #180 of 789 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Ideally located next to the football field in central Ubud on Jalan Dewi Sita (just off Monkey Forest Road), Tutmak has consistently gained popularity since opening its doors in a smaller space across the road in 1994. Over the years, maintaining our basic concept of good coffee, fresh food and home-style atmosphere has time and again won over new fans and brought back loyal regulars, both local and international.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been here twice, and was not very impressed at all.

The first time I had a light meal, which was pretty average. The second time I met a friend and our order was forgotten. We had only ordered coffee, so after waiting for 25 minutes, I checked. I don't think this is good enough, since it was not busy at the time. Also, the prices are a bit high, so I tend to expect better.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Chicken wings stuffed with feta and ham. Amazing. The burger wasn't too bad either. My kids really enjoyed the variety plate on the kids menu that included fries and veggies. A great combination. The middle eastern wrap was full and tasty.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Tutmak does both Western and Indonesian dishes well. My favorites are the beef rendang and the grilled cheese sandwich on rosemary focaccia. The beef rendang is enough for two people to share. The grilled cheese has a delicious blend of cheeses. Lovely airy little restaurant with a good menu and great service. Lots of specials every day.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

... but tasty. This was my most expensive meal in Ubud; I found out the day after I'd eaten there that the glass of wine I ordered cost a dollar less at the restaurant next door. The baba ghanoush tasted like pumpkin pie filling, which was strange! Service was very attentive and the menu is large. A nice place to treat yourself.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We ordered the breakfast off the top list on the menu - Mexican - eggs, tomatoes, humus, and sausages - was freshly prepared and good portion size.
Banana juice was good too.
What is great about to place is that it is right in the middle of busy hustling and bustling city center, but a little oasis in the corner - as it is situated just next to a big football pitch.
Value is also good, and the crowds looked comfortable there, reading their books, working on their laptop etc.
Only complain I have is that I ordered a bottle of water, but they insisted that I cannot have the bottle, or see the bottle, and have to be served in a glass without the bottle. I don't understand why ?

1  Thank yellowpanda

Been to Tutmak? Share your experiences!