“Such a shame”

Ranked #166 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Such a shame”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We knew it would not be the Ritz for the money, but bless them, they were in the middle of a refurb and did not warn us!

The location was excellent, withing walking distance of the famous duck restaurt (must do) and the Pond Restaurant (must do).

The staff were lovelly and so helpful, but the management and training was non existant. The pool was not useable due to the re-furb and the tap water was yellow.

Due to the proximaty to the rice filed, Mosqitos were an issue and I had to ask for Mosi spray for the room as they did not think to do it themselves. I had to ask for towels every day as they took the used ones but did not replace them. They were deliver straight away with a smile. On the last day, we had an ealry start and they kindly servred us al a carte breakfast at 06.00. Kind people.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back as they have showers not a bath!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NiallTNT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Kloten, Switzerland
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Due my job I have to travel a lot and I have seen many hotels but never one with so much charme and the best staff I've ever meet. The whole team is very warm hearted, unbelievable friendly and our stay was just a dream. You feel from the first second of your arrival that you are in a paradise and in a familiarly invoirement - special thanks to the team, especially to Budda, Eco, Daisy and all others in the purisunia team. The cuisine is gault mileau neveau, the quality of the spa and the treatments are better than in a 4 seasons. The puri sunia is the best place I've visited in 15 years Asia experience and over 18 trips to this magic continent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mschrofe
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This was my first visit to Bali and I couldn't have chosen a better place than Ubud or a better hotel than the Puri Garden for my introduction to Balinese culture. The location as well as the wonderful atmosphere created by the garden setting made it ideal for me. The staff, especially the young man in reception, were very friendly helpful and informative adding vry much to the enjoyment of my holiday. I hope I get a chance to return to Ubud and if I do the Puri Garden will be my first choice for my accommodation

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Peter K
Purigarden, General Manager at Puri Garden Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Mr. Peter,

First of all, I would like to grateful your kind consideration to stay at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and have a pleasant holiday in Ubud. Thank you very much for giving us an excellent review on tripadvisor. Your positive review would directly bring positive impact to the successful of our business. Once again, thank you and much appreciated for your kind attention and good review. I hope you will come back again next time and stay at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud. Have a wonderful day..

Best regards,

Cokorda Raka Trisnu Yudhana
(General Manager)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 20, 2012

After stayed in kuta for 3 nights I spent another nights in Ubud before Sanur. I stayed at puri garden hotel ubud for 4 nights. The taxi driver told me about this hotel and he drove me directly to have a look the hotel room. The front desk staff was amazingly friendly showed me the room at the 1st floor with nice green garden and relaxing pool views. Even though the hotel is doing renovation at the swimming pool but I still can use the pool. The room was fine using Balinese decoration and wooden furniture, the bed was comfortable and the toilet was clean and tidy. The room boys have done their job well and they are extremely friendly. Breakfast was ok by choosing from the breakfast menu. Ubud climate was cooler than in kuta and sanur, sometime rain but not pouring. Monkey forest only 10 minutes walk from the hotel and Ubud market is only 30 minutes walk. Many shops, restaurants and a famous museum near the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank cooper j
Purigarden, General Manager at Puri Garden Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear Valued customer,

Glad to read your positive review and to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud. We believe that the review you have posted at tripadvisor will be vry useful for us to evaluate our work performances and of course to measure of our service is reaching the guest satisfaction or not. On behalf of management, I would like to once again express our highest gratitude for your kind consideration to stay with us and for your positive comment regarding our hotel. We fervently hope that you will come back again next time to Ubud and stay again at Puri Garden Hotel - Ubud.

Best regards,

Cokorda Raka Trisnu Yudhana
(General Manager)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I and my wife stayed at puri garden hotel for one week and we enjoyed it very much. The location is not right in the center of Ubud but easy to go anywhere, many shops and restaurants near the hotel. This is a small but beautiful boutique hotel with nice and green garden view. Our room was near the pool and have green garden view. It has comfortable bed room and the toilet is clean though a little bit small but the housekeeping did very good job. We got new towels everyday and they refresh our room in the evening. We impressed with lovely staff who have been very helpful and friendly to us. Breakfast was good, we can choose any kind of food we want from the a la carte menu, the fresh juice was tasty too. We certainly will come back again next time and stay longer..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank langston j
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Water is very slow-hard to use it for bath, room is on high moist and smell, no view, bed cover is not dry so it comes with 'specific smell', price vs other hotel is less competitive. I have to move to another room for water-moist-smell issue

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank azimuth19
Candidasa, Indonesia
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Puri Garden Hotel. The location is great, right near Monkey Forest and within walking distance of some really nice restaurants. Unfortunately during our stay they were doing some improvements by the pool area but the staff handled it really well and appologised for the noise, of which there was little. The staff were a highlight of our stay and from the welcome drink until we left they made every effort to make you feel at home at this hotel. They were really efficient and whilst down at breakfast they would clean the room so as not to disturb our stay which we thought was a nice touch. The room was lovely and we appreciated the Balinese decor although, the bathroom is a little tired but did the job! Most mornings you would be given a menu with 3 sufficient choices which was ok, however for 2 mornings of our stay they provided a buffet breakfast which was not really up to standard. We enjoyed the service at this hotel so much that we extended our stay an extra two nights and would definately stay again!

Restaurant Tip : The mexican restaurant just round the corner was nice and reasonably priced and there is an Indian restaurant just down the road which does an all you can eat buffet every Wednesday

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs which allowed a little more privacy than downstairs although if I was travell...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple