“Fine dining at its best”

Mozaic Restaurant Gastronomique
Ranked #38 of 838 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mozaic Restaurant is a fresh oasis of ingenuity in the world of gastronomy. It is the uniqueness of the experience that has become the hallmark of its reputation, encompassing the quality of the ingredients, the perfect execution, the sheer multitude of flavours and the quality of the service, all to be enjoyed in a lush tropical setting. Mozaic's ever-changing menu consists of a la minute creations which evolve, disappear and return in accordance with market availability. Chef Salans and his chef de cuisine prepare what inspires them in the moment, orchestrating their tasting menus like a symphony, a sequence of marvelous colours and flavours served by knowledgeable waiting staff before the sommelier indulges guests with his expertly paired wines. Mozaic is a true gustatory adventure, a dining experience as yet unrivaled in Bali. Awards: 1. Les Grandes Tables Du Monde Mozaic Restaurant Gastronomique, is the first restaurant in Southeast Asia to be recognized by the prestigious Traditions et Qualite association as a member of ‘Les Grandes Tables Du Monde’ (The Grand Tables of the World), joining an exclusive membership including world most famous restaurants such as Lucas Carton (Alain Senderens), Le Louis XV and Plaza Athenee (Alain Ducasse), Guy Savoy (Guy Savoy) and The French Laundry (Thomas A Keller). 2. Wine Spectator - Award of Excellence 2016 Wine Spectator’s Restaurant Awards recognize restaurants whose wine lists offer interesting selections, are appropriate to their cuisine and appeal to a wide range of wine lovers. To qualify for an award, the list must present complete, accurate wine information. It must include vintages and appellations for all selections, including wines available by the glass. Complete producer names and correct spellings are crucial, and the overall presentation and appearance of the list is also taken into consideration. After meeting these basic requirements, lists are judged for one of the awards. 3. World Gourmet Summit 2015 MARTELL Asian Restaurant of the Year (Regional) This award seeks to recognize a restaurant / restaurant chain which serves Asian cuisine and promotes culinary and service excellence in the region. Eligible restaurants must have been in operation for two or more years (at the point of nomination). The nominated restaurant must have consistently exceeded the standards of excellence and provided extraordinary dining experiences for guests.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had a tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was fantastic and the choice of wine was great too. Above all, the service is top notched.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,631)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We booked for New Years Eve prior to leaving Oz as we wanted to ensure we had an amazing evening planned for our New Years Eve.
We arrived for our 8.30 booking and enjoyed an amazing canape with truffle oil while we sipped our chosen cocktails in their lounge and thought through which of the degustation menus we would order (two to choose from). We each decided on opposing menus and impressively Mozaic were happy for us to have different ones so we could see everything they had to offer! So we each had a different menu and chose the matching wines too.
I really enjoyed each course that was presented and also tasting my partners too. The fois gras assiette was incredible and the flavours of all dishes was impressive.
The only one that I really couldn't enjoy (despite really trying to) was my dessert - it had a distinct curry powder flavour that was just off-putting.
Now.. with all that enjoyment why I have I rated it average... well we were seated at our table at close to 9 and we were sitting back in the lounge enjoying a post-meal drink (with a very strange band playing) at 11.
I thought making a booking for 8.30 on New Years would see us celebrating the New Years just finished desserts but we were all done and back at our villa by then!
Plus - these prices are just too much for this big rush through on an island known for its relaxing pace. I have eaten many a degustation and typically I would say it's taken 4 hours. The thing is - I'm sure they couldn't have seated anyone else at that time so why not slow it down.
I think we could have had a very enjoyable degustation elsewhere for less than 1/2 the price. It was around $600AUD in total for 2 (that was with 3 cocktails and matching wines).

1  Thank LeenieTravelling
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Recently, my sister and I had the pleasure of having our birthday dinner in the private dining room at Mozaic, Ubud. From the moment we arrived with our 25 guests, everything was absolutely perfect. The room is beautiful, and the tables looked amazing.

This place is so special because you watch while the courses are prepared, and Chef Blake gives a little talk about each course, and then yoo sit down and eat it. This just made the dinner a unique experience for the guests, they were blown away by the experience. The food served amazing, very unusual ingredients coming together to create something fabulous.

I could not recommend Mozaic private dining room enough, it is out of the bag!!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I think I went in with too many expectations. The service was very good. I showed up very near to last call although I had a reservation for hours earlier. Since the restaurant had pretty much emptied out by then, I think we lost out on the ambiance. I don't think my palette was nearly sophisticated enough for some of our dishes. The dishes I could easily recognize were delicious, the more specialty stuff missed me.

2  Thank Dani D
Reviewed January 6, 2014

On our first day in Bali we took a shuttle from Kupu Kupu Barong to Ubud. We decided to walk back and by the time we passed Mozaic we were tired and starving. I asked the nice security guard if they took walk ins dressed in shorts and he said he would gladly check. they were able to get us in and sat us at an incredible table outside where they proceeded to serve us one of the top 2 meals we have ever eaten. We had not researched this place and had no idea what we were in for so the sheer surprise made it all the better as we really had no expectations. We made another reservation here for a few days later and had a similar experience. From the food to the service to the atmosphere this place is perfect. Wish it was closer to home:)

1  Thank parisryan