“Jati 3 Bungalows, Monkey Forrest Rd, Ubud, Bali”
Review of Jati 3 Bungalows

Jati 3 Bungalows
Ranked #228 of 602 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This was a great place in central Ubud town and short walk away from shops and restaurants. We had to change our hotel as only booked for 4 nights and they were full but was quite surprised about Jati 3 Bungalows. On busy Monkey Forrest Road, but you walk down a long narrow walkway to the end where you end up in a lovely area close to forest. Has a lovely pool which we used all the time to cool down after and before exploring fantastic Ubud (ask for pool towels). Staff excellent and very helpful. The breakfast was great and the Balinese pancakes a must. I got the recipe but impossible to make as they use no flour and a Balinese green herb or vegetable in mix. Its great.....order it if you want to try something different than eggs. Also yoga classes are held and while we were there an artist was working for the family who owns Jati 3 on some exquisite laquered red and gold doors. Our room had a balcony overlooking a forest with a (very noisy) stream running below. Bed and bedding very comfortable and bathroom good. Only drawback, we had no tv in our room. Highly recommended. Take a torch to navigate the walkway to Jati 3 at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on top floor as I presume the lower floors would look straight into vegatation of for...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Jati 3 Bungalows

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed there twice, once with my family and once with my boyfriend. Both time we all had a great time! The place is beautiful, well run, clean and very unique. It has a feel that you are in the middle of the jungles; wild and far from civilization! But at the same time this location is in the middle of everything! Monkey Forest, bars and restaurants, soccer field, and Ubud Performance Theater all are within 5-10 minutes’ walk! The hotel serves good and tasty (but small) breakfast which is included to your hotel bill. The hotel also has a Spa salon which I have to say was not great, but rather ok. Stuff however was extremely nice and caring. We will defenately come back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Joyful_Sasha
Reviewed January 23, 2012

The room I stayed in the hotel considered as perfect with the price I paid. The room was clean and big which is more than satisfactory for me. The service provided was good as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ccpy27
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stayed at Jati 3 for 4 nights. There were 3 of us so we opted for the Family room. No air con, but with the rainy season and higher altitudes of Ubud, we didnt miss it at all. Lots of space in the rooms, mini fridge, wifi, free breakfast, and decent bathroom. Plus lovely pool area and short walk to all the shops and restaurants on Monkey Forest Road. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone going to Ubud.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I stayed in Jati 3 for a week and generally I was quite happy with it. As a solo female traveler I was looking for a safe and conveniently located place and Jati3 definitely offers that. The staff were friendly enough, and I loved their breakfast, simple but delicious! Really pretty swimming pool, perfect for relaxing, away from the main street noise. It was easy to walk everywhere and for the longer journeys there was always a few bike taxis available outside on the main street. I am giving only 3 stars because I had a concern about the cleanliness of the bathroom: there was some kind of organic dust coming from the ceiling and the bath and floor looked dirty and stained, the sink and the toilet were also not as clean as I'd like it to be. Also, occasionally there was not hot water in the mornings. The room itself was OK, there were no any extras, just basic things in the room, but it was clean, with comfortable bed and fresh bedlinen. For the price it's not bad! I would stay again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights in the 'deluxe' room facing the stream and had very mixed feelings about Jati 3. We really like the location down a small alley just off Monkey Forest street. It's walking distance to a lot of cafe's, shooping, and the monkey forest itself. The pool was also impressive. The sound of the stream and birds outside our room was great and very relaxing. I would say breakfast is reasonable quality but definetly didnt blow us away.

The downside revolves mainly around a lack of general hospitality and room standard. The shower head was broken, towels and toilet paper were not replaced and trash bin not emptied, we had to go to reception and ask for all those things.
Room amenities are also not as they appear on the website (or Agoda, booking.com etc) the first room had no bathtub (which was a seller for us) as stated so we switched. There was also no in-room safe or coffee/tea making facilities (room #15).

Based on our experience I think it's an fine place to stay but if I go back to Ubud I would try a new place. I'm sure there is some better value for money out there at the same level hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The hotel location is perfect, just locate at Monkey forest street, 10-15 mins walking to the Ubud market, 10 mins walking to Monkey forest.

The room we select is standard room, the basic things are there, has air con, but no fridge, TV and safe. Hot water available for shower, toilet is clean. Breakfast is include in the package, the staff will send the breakfast to your room, so that you could enjoy the garden and poor view and having a relax breakfast.

But the bath towel has strange smell, I'm not dare to use it, may be it is a good idea you should bring your own towel.

I have no idea why the room looks so clean but there are so many ants running here and there.

Since it is budget hotel, with the little price I've paid I think it is still worth.

Room Tip: Bring your own towel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple