“Very good, but not excellent”
Review of Cafe des Artistes

Cafe des Artistes
Ranked #166 of 860 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was staying at Sama's Cottages just up the road, so the location was very convenient for me. I was travelling alone and was sat at a table near the back which didn't have much light. I had the steak and enjoyed a nice glass of red wine. It was alright, but I wouldn't rave about it. One of the reviews further down mentions the texture of the steak and I agree with it. It was tasty, but a bit rubbery almost. I wanted to take a closer look but it was too dark to see properly. Service was very efficient, attentive and friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Over the past four years i have had many meals at this restaurant, i have never been disappointed once. The food and the service has always been consistently first class.Excellent value for money, a lovely quiet setting to enjoy a meal.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

While staying down the street at Sama's Cottages, we enjoyed several meals here. Generally local dishes, but I had a good Thai dish, and my wife had a good steak. We found the Cafe to offer a good menu, with good, reasonably priced food, and consistently good service.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our last visit to Ubud was 2011, and Cafe des Artiste was one of our favorites then. So back we went - crowded, but they made room. We ordered Steak - they have several types of steak and 2 different sizes for each. My wife and I ordered the larger steak, but once we started eating it, we knew immediately that the smaller one would have been enough. Cafe des Artistes is one of the nicer restaurants in Ubud, the decor is excellent, the staff is great and the prices are more than reasonable. Its located on Bisma Road, very easy to find. Highly recommed this restaurant, its one of the best in Ubud.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We ate here 3 times in our 2 weeks in Ubud. Each time we had something different and every time it was delicious.
The staff are very efficient and very well mannered.
Love sitting at the outside tables.

Been to Cafe des Artistes? Share your experiences!