“Perfect hosts”

Ranked #125 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Cabarita Beach Australia
“Perfect hosts”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had only planned to stay in Ubud for 3 nights & the first night we chose to stay at Kebun Indah. This small hotel is set back off Pengosekan Road behind Alam Asia Crafts. It is part of the Alam property group & only has 8 rooms.
We managed to snag the last available room - Mangga Madu.... but the pick of the rooms , in my opinion, would have to be the Sandat room which overlooks the pool.
The staff are welcoming & take our luggage down the little footpath to our room. We walk past some houses & a small rice field.
Mangga Madu is the first room which faces some rice fields & adjoining is Mangga Bali, facing the other way with a garden view.
Our room is huge with a king size 4 poster bed, single bed, chairs & table, plus a massive day bed – a perfect spot to curl up with a good book. The only let down is the bathroom, just a bit outdated.
Late afternoon we are treated to the complimentary afternoon tea & cakes. They ask us where we'd like to take our afternoon tea, on our porch or by the pool - by the pool please!
Love the free shuttle service. We use it to get dropped off for lunch & dinner, then phone for pick up once we are done. It is not too far to walk to Coco Supermarket & lots of restaurants. There is also a small mini-mart next door.
My kids loved exploring around the hotel & found a friendly puppy & some baby ducklings. There were also lots of ducks early in the morning walking across the rice paddies.
Breakfast choices are made the night before & everything we tried was delicious. My favourite being the banana pancakes with fresh grated coconut & palm sugar syrup.

Room Tip: Mangga Madu is the closest room to Pengosekan Road. Sandat is the closest room to the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CantikSekali0

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time in six months and wasn't disappointed - it was just as peaceful, welcoming and beautifully kept as my previous visit. All you can hear are the sounds of the creek or local wildlife, a great place to relax and escape modern life. Being located in town makes it really easy for a solo traveller to get around as you can walk everywhere, and it's just a 5 minute walk to the yoga barn, if like me, you're creating your own retreat in Ubud. The family are so kind and thoughtful. My only reluctance is telling people how great this little place is in case it's booked out when I return!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed the Kebun Indah and its peaceful grounds. Stayed 2 nights in the Mangga Bali room, a spacious room with what seems like its own private garden. Had not stayed in this part of Ubud before and it is a little out of the main town, but there are plenty of restaurants,shops and massage places around. There is a free shuttle service to anywhere in Ubud which is very handy. It is extremely quiet at night, being set back from the road. The pool is small but lovely and we mostly had it to ourselves. The breakfast is excellent, a real step up from other small guesthouses I've stayed in. Loved the muesli, yoghurt and fruit! The free afternoon tea on your terrace and the welcome platter of fruit are examples of the Alam group doing things that little bit better than other places. Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank newplacesoldcases
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I traveled to Ubud in Januari 2014 for three days. I stayed at Alam Indah (a sister hotel of Kebun Indah), not so far away from this place. Everyday I visited Kebun Indah to have some massage on their little spa. I think their traditional massage is great, and the price is very reasonable. I would really like to recommend this place, and the masseur, Made Empuaji, for everyone who loves traditional balinese massage.
I was very impressed by the friendliness of the people working here. One of the staff gave me a little tour to show the rooms and facilities in Kebun Indah. I think the rooms are very nice, and so is the surrounding area. I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I have a chance to visit Ubud again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The most gorgeous little hotel set back from the road down a little concrete walkway next to a rice paddy. Our group which consisted of 2 adults and 4 kids (10yo - 15yo) stayed in Kodok 1 & Mangga Bali. We only stayed 2 nights and wish we had shortened our Legian trip and stayed at Kebun Indah longer. The rooms were spotless and verandah area just a dream. I loved our Mangga Bali room the best because it felt like we had our own villa and private garden. The very cheap nightly rate includes the best breakfast and afternoon tea delivered to your verandah. It really did feel quite special and the kids loved the afternoon tea and cake. It was good not to have tv but wifi easily available and good connection. The pool was green when we first arrived because they had a lot of rain but by the next day it had been fixed (chlorine etc) and lovely and clean. Mangga Bali room was very large and the bathroom was a little old but for the price who can complain. My sister and her kids loved Kodok 1 too. The staff were outstanding and so friendly and welcoming to us and the kids. Location wise it is only a short stroll to Monkey Forest or use the free shuttle which we did on a few occasions. Just get the Tourist Information Centre or restaurant you are having lunch in to phone the hotel and they will come and pick you up. A few restaurants close-by (try Delicious Onion) which was nice not to walk too far for a nice meal. Mini mart right at the front of the property on the street. Good to grab snack food for day trips etc.
Whilst we were there they had construction on what appeared to be 2 new room.

Kebun Indah would definitely be on our list to return to. We felt very safe and think that the friendly staff help make this place so wonderful. Thank you for a peaceful stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Mangga Bali & loved it but I think they all looked great for different reasons.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I booked Mangga Madu and Mangga Bali rooms for my family of 5 (4 adults and 1 toddler) only to realize that Mangga Madu would have been adequate to accommodate all of us. That aside, it was good that we'd the entire area to ourselves. We had breakfast and tea served at the terrace overlooking either the garden or padi field. We really like the variety on the breakfast menu and enjoyed the wholesome food, drinks and fruits. While the pool is shared, we always had it to ourselves as there are only about 6 rooms in the compound. I'll always keep Kebun Indah in my mind when I return to Ubud!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I love Kebun Indah so much that this is my third and (hopefully not the last time) I've come back to the place. This time since I was by myself, I stayed at Kodok 2, which has its own semi-private garden that was often visited by a cute little tabby cat patrolling the grounds. However, the cat was very skittish and wouldn't let me near it. Kodok 2's bathroom has two showers, one that could be considered 'outdoor' but it very dark and a bit eerie. It was an all right stay but you can hear every creak and groan from your neighbors staying upstairs at the Big House. Not very good for those who are light sleepers. The wifi signal was okay in this room.

Luckily, I moved to Mangga Madu and while it was huge for one person (a huge contrast since I previously stayed there on my last visit with two other people) , it was quiet and the bathroom was well lighted.

The staff at Kebun Indah were great and friendly, especially Ibu Molly, and the driver Nyoman remembered me from my last visit. Afternoon tea, breakfast and the swimming pool were brilliant as usual.

Had a great stay here and will definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank nivhana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
Suara Air Luxury Villa Ubud
#98 of 198 in Ubud
Rama Phala Resort & Spa
Rama Phala Resort & Spa
#6 of 10 in Gianyar

Been to Kebun Indah? Share your experiences!