“Fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kebun Indah

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ubud
Kebun Indah
Ranked #111 of 193 Hotels in Ubud
Brooklyn, NY
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This review is long overdue. Stayed in the Tea House at Kebun Indah for 4 nights in March 2012. The hotel is located on a main road in Ubud. There are several restaurants and shops located within a short walk of the hotel. The Monkey Forrest is about a 15 minute walk away and the Palace and market are about a 30 minute walk (or very short cab ride).

Even though Kebun Indah is located on the main road, it could not have been more peaceful. From the small parking area in front, you will walk down a small path through a rice field for about 200 meters to reach the reception area. There, all the sounds of busses and moterbikes will be lost and you'll hear the lovely sounds of the forrest. The hotel is a group of 4 or 5 buildings of various sizes built into the side of a hill, ultimately leading to a nice pool area and small river.

The Tea House was a great option for a couple and a fantastic value. There is a nice front porch sitting area and a spacious main room with ornate four posted bed. The bathroom is actually outside, but very private, and contains a koi pond. One of the most unique elements of any hotel I've ever been to. There is no air conditioning, but we found the temperatures quite comfortable with a fan at night.

The staff was fantastic and very attentive. Breakfast is made to order and delivered to your table every morning. The staff will also provide complimentary tea, coffee and snacks in the afternoon. They arranged tours and a driver to the airport for us as well.

Overall, a great choice for Ubud. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ElectricMayhem

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had booked a rather last minute trip to Bali and had tried to stay at the Alam Indah hotel in ubud as we had stayed there before and loved it, unfortunately there were no rooms available for our stay but they managed to fit us into Alam Jiwa for a couple of nights and then Kebun Indah.

We really enjoyed our stay at Kebun Indah, free transport was arranged for us to move between Alam Jiwa and Kebun Indah. We loved our room, we stayed in the Padi room which is upstairs in the 'big house'. The service was excellent as was the breakfast.

This hotel is not in the centre of ubud but is in quite a good location, it is set back from the main street so it is very peaceful but you are close to many shops and restaurants, they will also drop you off and pick you up anywhere in ubud for no extra charge.

We will stay these family run hotels again, the difficulty will be chosing which one as we have loved each one we have stayed in

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CozPerth
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great traditional hotel!
Our Bungalow was spacious, had a huge bed and a lovely terrace with a small yard.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They even had a free transportation service!

Every morning we had our breakfast on the terrace, a lovely meal (fresh juice, coffee, pancakes, fruit salad and eggs). They also served tea and cake in the afternoon.

Monkey Forest is only 5 min walk from the hotel, and there are many restaurants and shops close by.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mangga Bali. Great room, but the rooms further down the garden have better location...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kimcherieen
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is my first time staying at Ubud for my third visit to Bali. I decided to book this hotel after the reviews from TripAdvisor and trust me, all the great reviews are true! To enter this hotel, you should find this spa (sorry, I forgot the name), then about 50 metres walk to the receptionist desk. When I first get there, my first impression was the staff are so so so friendly! Then they took me to see our room which is called "Rumah Padi". And I was really amazed! While the other staff go pick up our luggages with my other 3 friends waiting outside the spa. Our house is at 2nd floor with two traditional style open-air bedrooms and two open-air bathrooms. The master bedroom has one single bed, one nap bed, one extra bed, and one spa bed. The bathroom inside the master bedroom has open-air bathroom with bathtub. The other room has one single bed with open-air bathroom with shower. I can tell you that the rooms were so clean, so well maintained, no smelly smell, so big, so comfortable, with fresh air, no air-con. The bathrooms are also so clean. The staffs are really polite, friendly, and helpful. I am very impressed with this hotel. This is not exactly hotel, so it can make you feel kind of homey. The breakfast is also great. The place is so peaceful and quiet, really good for those who wants to find quiet place to stay. I really like everything in this hotel, very unique experience! I am Indonesian, but this is my first time staying in a place where I feel so Indonesian! Thank you, Kebun Indah!

Room Tip: I recommend you stay in Rumah Padi (Padi House) if you travel three to five persons. You get two bed...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Junique
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

For first timer to Ubud, Kebun Indah is a bit far from the main part of Monkey Forest Road and all the activities and shops. The hotel offers free shuttle but it is still a bit inconvenient. There are a few good restaurants nearby though. However, it is indeed a slice of tranquility and could be very nice for some. We truly enjoyed sitting outside our room to have breakfast or tea or just to read. The staff was wonderful. The hotel would be so much better for me if it would bring in all new bedding and linen and towels - all of which are very old and sad. Our bed linen had the smell of clothes that had not been dried completely.... There is no A/C in the room.

Room Tip: Some rooms (those closer to the pool) are quite far from the entry and have steps to climb.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

A quaint little place tucked away in a quiet corner of Ubud, Kebun Indah is the place for you if you are looking to stay somewhere different from the usual run-of-the-mill hotel chains. I stayed at Kodok I, the smallest room I believe but the room was far from small! The bathroom was huge with both a bathtub and an outdoor shower. Ubud is a quiet little place and Kebun Indah is even more quieter - so if you are one who can't be without your TV or air-conditioning, I won't recommend you staying here.

However, if you are one who enjoys calm mornings and quiet evenings listening to frogs "singing" in the nearby paddy field and admiring the stars in the clear night sky, the rustic charm of Kebun Indah will win you over.

Like a previous reviewer pointed out, there is something magical about the place, despite the maintenance of the place which was sadly lacking.

My only regret was staying only one night there. Would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Bali.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kakciklawa
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were travelling in a big group of 9, thus we have taken room Padi, Kodok 1 and 2. I was staying in Padi which is the big room for 4, and it's consisting of 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms which can actually stay more than 4 person! The room is really spacious, with an open air bathroom, where you can probably soak in the bathtub and stare at the starry starry night :) There are daybeds inside and outside the room, where you can always rest on it. The surrounding environment is good, staffs are very friendly and helpful. The only flaw that I would comment is the stay would be perfect if they can add more fans in the room. The room was a bit hot. Overall, value for money and worth a try.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pigbit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
Puri Garden Hotel & Restaurant
#78 of 193 in Ubud
Rama Phala Resort & Spa
Rama Phala Resort & Spa
#6 of 10 in Gianyar

Been to Kebun Indah? Share your experiences!