TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,469 results
All reviews private pool welcoming ceremony outdoor gym premier suite rice fields bedroom villa kids club free shuttle balinese village buffet breakfast every hour daily activities our honeymoon amazing hotel open air shuttle service spa treatments
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hostess was super customer friendly and accommodating. Pickup n drop off shuttle that take you to main shopping n restaurant area. Breakfast was fair cause the doesn’t taste any like western style. Beautiful landscape and walking trails along the resort.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
Desavisesa, General Manager at Visesa Ubud Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear our valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and share your experience here on Tripadvisor.
Really appreciate receiving your kind feedback in regards to our beautiful landscape, shuttle services, breakfast and friendly staff which is successful lived up your expectation, we are really concern with ease atmosphere and unforgettable experience that every guest would expect during their stay.

Your kind feedback will definitely shared with the team as it is an encouragement for us to continue delivering the finest stay experience to our esteemed guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in nearest future. Have a blast!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tne staff are really friendly and welcoming especially the reception girl Cinta who took really good care of us... We recommend honey mooners amd families with kids to go there.. As they offer a baby sitying service for families and couples who have kids...

Dear Mr. Mohammed R,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor.
We are very grateful to know that your recent stay was a splendid one and that you impressed with our environment, facilities, services, as well as staff friendliness which successfully lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in nearest future. Have a blast!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I love Bali for specific reasons, yes it is convenient from Australia but more importantly we love the people, the food and the fact that it always reminds us of how complicated we make our lives! Visesa is an authentic Balinese experience not perfect but welcoming and the best staff you could wish for. The Visesa host I Kadek Mudita is the ambassador for all that is great in Bali he is calm, supportive, friendly and made our stay the best we’ve had in Ubud! The two Gentlemen both Putu at the warang’s cooking course were fabulous and our gorgeous waitress Agung was an angel. Thanks to all of you who wake up each day smiling and welcoming where nothing is too much trouble. If you want an authentic Balinese experience with gorgeous views and people look no further

Dear Linda H,

Thank you for taking the time to write this beautiful touching review about us. Really appreciate receiving your kind feedback in regards to our staff friendliness which successfully lived up to your expectations. Here at Visesa Ubud, we always strive each day to be able to accommodate every guest needs with attention and create a memorable experience for them. As guest satisfaction has been and will always be our main concern.

Your lovely comments will definitely shared to our team as every guest feedback is essential to help us evaluate things for our improvements to be better every time.

Once again thank you from Visesa Ubud team especially from I Kadek Mudita, Putu and Agung, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Ubud, Bali. Have a blast!

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is nice, although already a few years old what can be seen in the room and the common areas. I had a Pool Villa, which consisted of a ok sized room, fairly big (half outside) bath room and a 2x4m pool and outdoor table/chair seating corner (see my pics in the general pic section, with the video symbol on it - for some reason cant upload here). I guess the pool villa is the absolute minimum in this resort, I would not go for any standard room as the common areas (pool, restaurant etc.) are not great and the overall standard of people is rather low/trashy (sorry to say).

The biggest disappointment for me was the restaurant and the service. It’s really far far from a 5 start hotel and I am a guy who enjoys eating at high class places and street stall restaurants alike, but I was really really not good. Food was tasteless or over cooked and service was the worst in a 6 weeks trip (on the first day they didn’t service us for 25min (no joke), the second day my glass of vine came when we already finished starters and mains and the third day I went for the burger (usually a safe choice) and then they said after 15min that they are out of burger buns. I then choose something else to see 5 min later that they serviced the next table with „mini burgers“. At lunch one day, they served us the starters and dessert in the room, but forgot the mains, or one day they brought the food but no cuttlery). The staff here is just poorly trained and this will not change in the midterm. The issue is, there is really not much alternative around for food.

Furthermore, we booked (expensive) private hotel transport. When I then wanted to change the route instead of to the airport, to a closer by hotel, a massive discussion started. The wanted to charge me 500k more to the already 600k I paid (just to but this in perspective, for 600k you get an outside driver for an entire day!!). I tried to explain them that my hotel is actually only 40min away, while the airport is 75min away. However, they did not really understood and I was forced to chance the entire trip. We took a grab, for 125k in the end - said to see hotels try to rip off well paying customers.

I would not go back, although I liked the pool villa for a couple of days. I guess I was lured in by the rather „cheap“ prices for a 5 start place in the region, but reality is, you go into a 3* resort at best.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Desavisesa, General Manager at Visesa Ubud Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Dear Mr. Pat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback when staying with us recently. I do notice your bad experience about our food, services and also the transport. We will be sure to solve this, especially in regards to the restaurant staff and will discuss internally about the variety of the menu. This is our bad to disappoint you, however, we are now working on all improvement to serve our lovely guests better in the future.

Hoping that you could experience our resort in the near future. Have a lovely day!

Respectfully,

Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 5 days in Ubud and because of the good reviews we chose this hotel. But unfortunately this was the wrong choice!!

Immediately after we arrived, they sent us to their room restaurant for some free welcome drinks, but instead of free welcome drinks they try to sell us overpriced lunch.

We left and went to our room, where the next surprise waited! The room smelt very moldy and the humidity in the room was extremely high (even after we opened the window). We stayed in this room for one night and then called the reception to change the rooms because we cannot stand the smell and the humidity in this room!
They sent someone to clean the smell, but nothing changed after the "cleaning", so we called again and changed the rooms.
The next room seemed to be better after to days the smell was also very bad in the second room!! We did not say anything this time because we were sick of moving and had just a few nights more.

Another thing that really bothered us what the fact that the hotel shuttle had only a 2h rhythm and the first one started at 11 am, so that you had to use the hotel taxi which charges 200.000 IDR for 3 km!! There no bluebird taxis or grab in Ubud. They try to squeeze out all our money!! You could walk but it is about 30 minutes to the Ubud Palace and there is no sidewalk for pedestrians.

We cannot understand why this hotel has such good reviews and I would check the negativ commemets before you book the hotel! It is also interesting that the hotel manager only comment the 5 star reviews and not the negative ones...
I would never book this hotel again!

2  Thank Suntraveler34

Dear Mrs. Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I do notice that you had an unpleasant experience when staying with us recently and very well noted for all of your concern above. I have shared it to the related team in order to do a better improvement and giving the best experience for all of our guests.

I will ensure that it will not happen again in the future as some further action has been made and we are now working on huge project of maintenance, especially in the room. All staff also have been re-training for better services to meet guests satisfaction.

Hoping that we still have a second chance to serve you better in the future. Wishing you a wonderful day!

Respectfully,