“Amazingly beautiful!!!”

Bambu Indah
Ranked #61 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
“Amazingly beautiful!!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed for 12 beautiful nights at Bambu Indah. It was more amazing and more beautiful than we imagined- and we had done a lot of research!
The architecture is incredible, the staff so warm and helpful, the food delicious, the landscape breathtaking. We all loved- especially our 6 year old daughter- the natural swimming pool and rope swing, the frogs, insects, vegetable gardens, treehouse and river walk.
We are all dreaming of going back as soon as possible!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

After staying in so many luxurious hotels -we missed this part of world - staying in bambuindah is like - every step is thoughtful - so unique - so extraordinary - so imaginative - and the best - I think I am running short of words to describe this unique concept of " Giving back to Community" - John Hardy and the family has done this by creating such a wonderful paradise within in the paradise island "Bali" - one must visit here and talk to their friends - this is the place where one should experience the true sensitivity towards nature - the extreme adventure - extreme Luxury - extreme out of the box thinking -team at Bambu indah is very friendly - the moment we arrived we felt like a family - so generous so hospitable - especially staff from reception desi and team , restaurant staff , housekeeping , gardeners - everyone was so sweet - loved the concept of restaurant ( all organic food ) - also loved the communal table concept - concierge was very helpful in arranging cars and queries about cargo as we bought lot of stuff from ubud

Can't wait to come back with family and friends

We stayed in Udang house which means shrimps - extra ordinary setting compare to all big names in market - we loved the whole experience - the memorable one

• Stayed November 2013
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

After traveling for two months on our honeymoon, this place could not have been a more welcome experience. There was not a detail in the place that was unconsidered. The grounds themselves are not huge, yet there is an amazing sense of privacy to each of the small private houses. The public areas are all built with experimental bamboo architecture, and the the furniture is perfectly curated. This attention to detail is what makes this place shine. We had an outdoor shower in our room, and the most comfortable bed with great linens. The room overlooked a vegetable garden and an incredible (and very highly appointed) treehouse. We attended a lecture one evening in a big temporary bubble structure, given by a Danish architect. This was a welcome surprise and even included a free dinner.
The staff is polite and caring and extremely helpful. This might be the best hotel I have ever stayed at, not lavish or extravagant, but just considered and thoughtful. A class act.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
England, Arkansas
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here on the last part of our honeymoon and it was definitely the highlight of our trip! Bambu Indah is just beautiful, if you love nature and if you want to feel like you are truly in Bali than this is the place to be. The view of the rice fields is just breathtaking! On our first day we had lunch at the restaurant, we ordered the garden salad and you see the staff go into the vegetable plot to pick your food, and it tasted delicious. The staff are so friendly, happy and will assist you in the best possible way. My favourite memory I take away from Bali is the rope swing, so much fun!!

I love to travel and to visit places only once but I think I will have to make an exception and return to Bambu Indah, it is truly paradise and I did not want to leave! Bambu Indah is a unique special place and I thank you for the magical experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel doesn't have the glitz and glamour of a cookie cutter hotel but if that's what you normally get this is a breath of fresh air - quite literally. It's about 10 minutes outside of ubud but thy offer a free shuttle. Plus ubud is packed with tourists. Definitely go into town for a few hours if it's your first visit. Plus it'll make your return to the hotel that much more special. It's really a beautiful place and you feel like you're in a tropical place. Nature is all around you. We also love the shared dining table where you can sit and talk to other amazing guests from all over the world. Just great.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I known this hotel from internet. After read testimony from travellers in tripadvisor about this hotel, we decided to stayed here. When we arrived in this hotel, the hotel staff welcoming us very nicely. Check in process only take a few minutes, they really friendly and helpfull.

We're stayed in udang house, very unique house with beautifull outdoor bathroom. It's seems like ancient house, but it's very unique. We can see a lot of fish and shrimps inside our house. They use glass floor so we can see anything under it, loved this experience. Everything is just perfect, the view, the bed, the bio pool, it's really heaven in ubud.

I'm very recommended this place to everyone who loved nature. The view was extraordinary, we can see rice field, river, organic plants, etc. The bio pool was amazing (my husband and my 3 years old daughter very enjoyed this bio pool). There is tarzan rope hanging in the coconut tree, we can use this in the bio pool. This is new experience for me and my family, wonderfull experience. We slept very well that night, the bed very comfy, no mosquitos in our udang house (the hotel provided mosquitos lotion).

Next day in the morning, we go to the restaurant for breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. View from restaurant amazing, we can see coconut tree, organic plan, etc. Our breakfast was good, especially the scramble egg, the best I've ever eat. Tea also excellent, it very unique flavor. I've recommend lemongrass tea with honey and lime, loved it. Unfortunately, we only stayed for 1 night, very sad we had to leave this hotel. But I'll be back soon, just wait for us...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vivi1004
sacramento ca
Reviewed November 2, 2013

After a 20 hour flight and arriving in sweltering conditions at night; we arrived thru a residential neighborhood, to a gravel driveway. We were led to a small 100 year old shack with bugs and creaky floors. I was not impressed and wondered what I had gotten my wife and I into. The small AC unit only kind of worked. I demanded they allow me to cancel the remainder of my stay. Even though it was short notice they allowed me to cancel.

The next morning I went to the restaurant for coffee and they brought it to me on my deck. We were seated on the deck overlooking the garden and forest having coffee, listening to all the jungle creatures and I stared thinking; this is not too bad.

I upgraded my room to one of the front cabins, Kunho House. A large room, with a spectacular view of the jungle, rice paddies and volcano. We spent the next two days exploring the surrounding areas of Bali. Bali is very crowded and busy. Each afternoon we looked forward to returning to the quiet, serene, oasis of Bambu Indah.

The staff is friendly, and helpful. Mary, and the hotel manager were some of the nicest hotel personnel I have ever met. There is a private path to a river, that leads to rice fields and a local swimming hole. The residential neighborhood I was worried about was great. Each day I went for a walk and "EVERYONE", small children, old men and woman, young people, greeted me with a smile and hello. We ate most of meals at the hotel restaurant. Reasonably priced and delicious. I rented a scooter from the hotel, about $6 dollars a day. We would go to Ubud several times a day from the hotel. About a 25 minute scooter drive.

We took a look at some of the other 5 star resorts in the area. The Four Seasons is a few minutes away. Very impressive, but very sterile. The Bambu Indah has a much better view of the country side.

Overall it was a great experience. I actually regretted leaving there. Its not for everyone. But it gets you a little closer to experiencing old Bali.

Two small areas of concern. I would recommend not staying in Blue House. Its close to the kitchen and noisy. And second is the pool. They keep in natural and eco friendly. Which means they get the water from the river and don't use chlorine. Its green with critters in it. I prefer clear, chlorinated water. However, many people were swimming in it and seemed to survive.

Room Tip: Choose one of the three front cabins
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mike95762
ManagerBambuIndah, Manager at Bambu Indah, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear mike95762,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences with us. We have enjoyed hosting you and your wife tremendously.

Biru House is indeed located close to the kitchen and restaurant and can be noisy at times. We are working on installing a sound barrier to improve this situation. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Kuno House.

Our natural swimming pond is definitely not for the faint hearted. There are dragonflies, fish, waterskaters and the occasional frogs, not to mention the Tarzan swinging rope!

Thank you so much for the ice cream treats for me and my staff on the hottest day of the year! Both of you are some of the most gracious guests we have ever encountered and we enjoyed getting to know you.

We hope to host you again in the near future.

Thank you once again!