“Such a different experience!”
Review of Bambu Indah

Bambu Indah
Ranked #70 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am glad I decided to spend 2 days in this resort as it is so different from the rest of the places in Bali. The simplicity of this place makes to get back to nature. It is quiet and had the perfect view of the rice fields. Every room, house as they call it it different and unique. I had a chance to stay in different one each day and I would say Afrika room is the best. What made the stay even better was the staff that they have. They made the stay even more wonderful. If going to Bali, i would recommend to spend few days here so you see a different view of Bali.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'm not sure I'll ever get to stay in an genuine Balinese bridal house ever again - what a treat! It was as beautiful and as charming as I anticipated. So peaceful and quiet and yet you're only 15 minutes by taxi from busy Ubud. The natural pool was refreshing and delightful and kept scrubbed clean everyday! The staff were, without exception, helpful, friendly and professional but we must make mention of the lovely Mary, who personally made us feel so welcome - thank you. The delicious meals could be eaten in the restaurant or in your house at no additional cost and this ability certainly added to our relaxation and enjoyment. The view over the paddy fields and to the distant mountains was a delight to wake up to each day. My only suggestion for improvement would be the provision of a shuttle to and from Ubud on a regular basis. Taxi's (and us) found it hard to find the entrance to Bambu Indah, particularly at night time.

Room Tip: We loved Padi house as we had a great view over the paddy fields and could access the pool with ease...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a tour trough Bambu Indah Estate. This is a beautiful, amazingly peaceful place. One villa impressed me a lot which was a old Jogolo (Indonesian Woodhouse) with a glass floor. Beneath a pond where they grow shrimps.

The location is totally off the beaten track as all John Hardy 'Products' are.

Perfect place for honeymooners who want something 'different'.

Not suitable for a friends group out...its just too romantic.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This place is truly beautiful. Amazing location 15 minutes from Ubud, overlooking the valley and rice fields. Interesting combination of huge bamboo structures and gorgeous old Javanese bridal huts which has a real “eco” feel about it.

The huts have a simple rustic interiors but still have all the modern comforts like air-conditioning inside the mosquito net and wireless Internet access. The bathrooms are semi outdoor with hand-hammered copper sinks and organic toiletries.

All of the huts are different. We chose the Udang hut on villalet.com which has a glass floor and is built on top of a shrimp (udang) pond.

You can rope swing into the swimming pool which looks like a natural pond, have a massage, take yoga classes and eat the delicious food in the restaurant, much of which is grown on the property.

A bit expensive but worth it. I definitely recommend it.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

After traveling around Bali for 1 month I have finally gotten the chance to look back and reflect on the beauty of it all. I can safely say that Bambu Indah was the most wonderful highlight of my entire adventure and I was lucky enough to see and stay in some beautiful places along the way. From the moment I walked in, I was treated with such warm, balinese hospitality. Bambu Indah is the perfect escape from the sometimes overwhelmingly center town of Ubud. There is a certain calm about it that can only be understood once there. Rustic, old javanese houses, nestled perfectly in the jungle, surround a beautiful natural pond overlooking vast, tranquil rice paddies.

My fiance and I stayed in the Afrika house which was absolutely gorgeous. It comes with a beautiful deck overlooking the spectacular valley. We happened to be there over Nyepi which is the Balinese Day of Silence and were perfectly content reading, doing yoga, and meditating on our porch. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to this room but all the houses carried their own unique charm. The food in this place was also some of the most exquisite in Bali. We were supposed to spend only a couple nights but we ended up doubling our stay. I honestly wish I never left. I will definitely be coming back and hope anyone reading this will be able to share the same experience.

Room Tip: We originally booked the Kolam house which was beautiful and secluded. It has its own pond but keep...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

After spending 4 great nights at the W Seminyak, I was wondering why I'd left. The speculation lasted about 10 minutes after arriving, however, and never returned. I will, as soon as my travels take me back to Bali. The entire site is enchanting. The views across the rice paddies are extraordinary.See if you don't agree: http://flic.kr/p/aaDbHq My walk among these paddies remains among the most serene moments of my trip. The room and food were wonderful as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2013

After decades of travel stays across four continents and over twenty countries over forty hotel chains, Bambu Indah in Sayan, near Ubud, in Bali turned out to be our most memorable stay of all. It was not just being surrounded by spectacular hills and valleys, It was also the way our little bungalow was designed and decorated. It was like finding ourselves in a magically nurturing space, being healed and rested simply by being here.

Room Tip: The bungalows along the river have the most spectacular and inspiring views!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ManagerBambuIndah, General Manager at Bambu Indah, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest of Bambu Indah,

Thank you for reviewing us.

We are so pleased to hear that you found solace in our nurturing home. It was our pleasure to host you here at Bambu Indah and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Warm wishes from the Sayan ridge,

The Bambu Indah family