“Nice facilities, clean and comfortable room, good value for money”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sri Sunari Guest House
Ranked #179 of 554 Ubud B&B and Inns
Barcelona
“Nice facilities, clean and comfortable room, good value for money”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

we stayed at Sri Sunari one week and it was a good choice.
Our room was upstairs and we had breakfast everyday in front of rice fields, so nice.
The team was always helpful, the room was clean with basic comforts, bed was very comfortable and enjoying the pool was super.

The only but for us... the house is not in Ubud centre, it's at the end of a dark passage and there were always dogs barking at us when we arrived at night, so it was bit stressful for a fear-dog couple like us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the upper floor for views over the rice fields
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CMS_08_2008

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Munich, Germany
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Wonderful rooms with spaceous verandas, very well kept garden and pool, great friendly staff, - in one word: perfect!
Busy Ubud's center is just a 15 minute walk away - but at the Sri Sunari you only hear dogs barking, roosters greeting the morning and frogs welcoming the night.
Don't miss out on Putu's smoked duck at the "Wild Ginger" Restaurant or have a nice Dinner served at your veranda.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Birgit G
Victoria
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We chose Sri from other reviews and we weren't disappointed. Whilst you either need to be prepared to walk for 30 minutes or get a lift from Nyomann, Taksi or better still free pick up from SANg Spa, the quiteness of the rice paddies is great. We had the two rooms downstairs so no view but that was ok. it is good to have the verandah and couches to sit on and breaky is great on the verandah. Used the pool once and it was clean and good temp but nice to have it there. Staff were terrific and Internet good. We also ate at the owners small intimate wahrung called Wild Ginger two nights and the food was lovely especially the chicken with Putu's special sauce and best of all the Pisang Goreng (banana fritters- best ever)! It was very cheap to eat which allowed us to eat and drink cocktails at Indus the other two nights.

• Stayed August 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I cannot fault this guest house, for me it was perfection
My room was really large, with a lovely verandah overlooking the paddy fields. The decor and amience of the room, pool,gardens and surrounding are is beautiful. The staff are really attentive, I arrived very late at night and was served with a cool refreshing fruit juice. Breakfast was delicious..

Just beware the building is located at the end of a pedestrian path, no car access, its not a far walk but none the less my luggage was a bit of a drag, also the location is a bit out of town so transport into UBud is necessary, this in my view is not a bad thing as its traffic chaos in Ubud!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank supahotchick
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed in the two rooms on the top floor last June, and have just returned from another 3 glorious nights at Sri Sunari. The rooms are lovely, clean and spacious, the views from the verandah gorgeous (shame about the villas being built in front that will diminish the view), breakfast delicious and fantastic staff. We have 2 young boys, and they loved swimming in the pool, feeding the fish and talking non-stop to any staff member who would listen. Dinner at Wild Ginger (owned by Nyoman's wife) is also a great experience. Would happily stay here again. And again. And again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank melaniec08
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Based on reviews from this site I opted to stay at this wonderful B&B. The onsite staff could not have been more kind and helpful. From helping me order take-out to waking up at 3am to make sure I had help out to the road they consistently went above and beyond.

The room was great with it's own veranda, more than enough for just me. The small touches of little fresh flowers throughout the room was also very nice. Since it cools down in the evening, the fan was just enough to create a wonderful sleeping environment. I didn't spend a ton of time at the B&B but when I did I felt at home.

The pool is very nice and refreshing and well needed after a long bike ride! The fact that the property is set back a distance from the road was wonderful as there was no street noise. As it is away from town it gets dark once the sun sets but no worries, the staff has rechargeable torches that you can take wherever you need to go!

I thought the place was reasonably priced and offered exceptional care to it's patrons. I would stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.

If you decide to stay here BE SURE to wander out back into the rice fields! It is such a beautiful site to see and can keep you in awe for hours!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank alltraveln0w0rk
Cheonan, South Korea
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I loved Sri Sunari! The reviews I read on Trip Advisor-and there are loads for Ubud!!-helped me to make the right choice.
I was looking for a place that was relaxing, beautiful, and safe.I traveled by myself as I wanted time to write and read. Sri Sunari was perfect for me! From the oh so friendly and kind staff to the beautıful scents wafting through my open windows and patio doors (ylang ylang and frangipani) to the bright blue birds zipping by every morning to the colorful butterflies settling on the flowers within picking distance (if I so desired) right outside my windows..I could go on and on!!!!
Sri Sunari sits on an off the beaten walking path amidst the rice fields. Upon entering the carved wooden door you find yourself in a small, manicured courtyard-the four room guesthouse to your left and the staff building straight ahead. Follow the stone path to your left and find a compact pond full of what looked like koi. Behind the grassed area and well situated flowering shrubs is the pool....ahhhhhh....I spent many a happy hour in the sparking clean pool before settling myself into a chaise lounge.
Sri Sunari is close enough to the center of town and the shops....within walking distance if you so desire....I took vans/taxis when I went out.. It was really great being out and about in the crush of people and noise and knowing I had the peace and quiet to go home to at the end of the day!! Such a relief!!
Stay at Sri Sunari....You'll love it!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo