“Still a fantastic place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sri Sunari Guest House
Ranked #178 of 555 Ubud B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Still a fantastic place to stay”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed in the two rooms on the top floor last June, and have just returned from another 3 glorious nights at Sri Sunari. The rooms are lovely, clean and spacious, the views from the verandah gorgeous (shame about the villas being built in front that will diminish the view), breakfast delicious and fantastic staff. We have 2 young boys, and they loved swimming in the pool, feeding the fish and talking non-stop to any staff member who would listen. Dinner at Wild Ginger (owned by Nyoman's wife) is also a great experience. Would happily stay here again. And again. And again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank melaniec08

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Based on reviews from this site I opted to stay at this wonderful B&B. The onsite staff could not have been more kind and helpful. From helping me order take-out to waking up at 3am to make sure I had help out to the road they consistently went above and beyond.

The room was great with it's own veranda, more than enough for just me. The small touches of little fresh flowers throughout the room was also very nice. Since it cools down in the evening, the fan was just enough to create a wonderful sleeping environment. I didn't spend a ton of time at the B&B but when I did I felt at home.

The pool is very nice and refreshing and well needed after a long bike ride! The fact that the property is set back a distance from the road was wonderful as there was no street noise. As it is away from town it gets dark once the sun sets but no worries, the staff has rechargeable torches that you can take wherever you need to go!

I thought the place was reasonably priced and offered exceptional care to it's patrons. I would stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.

If you decide to stay here BE SURE to wander out back into the rice fields! It is such a beautiful site to see and can keep you in awe for hours!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank alltraveln0w0rk
Cheonan, South Korea
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I loved Sri Sunari! The reviews I read on Trip Advisor-and there are loads for Ubud!!-helped me to make the right choice.
I was looking for a place that was relaxing, beautiful, and safe.I traveled by myself as I wanted time to write and read. Sri Sunari was perfect for me! From the oh so friendly and kind staff to the beautıful scents wafting through my open windows and patio doors (ylang ylang and frangipani) to the bright blue birds zipping by every morning to the colorful butterflies settling on the flowers within picking distance (if I so desired) right outside my windows..I could go on and on!!!!
Sri Sunari sits on an off the beaten walking path amidst the rice fields. Upon entering the carved wooden door you find yourself in a small, manicured courtyard-the four room guesthouse to your left and the staff building straight ahead. Follow the stone path to your left and find a compact pond full of what looked like koi. Behind the grassed area and well situated flowering shrubs is the pool....ahhhhhh....I spent many a happy hour in the sparking clean pool before settling myself into a chaise lounge.
Sri Sunari is close enough to the center of town and the shops....within walking distance if you so desire....I took vans/taxis when I went out.. It was really great being out and about in the crush of people and noise and knowing I had the peace and quiet to go home to at the end of the day!! Such a relief!!
Stay at Sri Sunari....You'll love it!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank kamakake
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2011

My daughter and I spent 3 nights here at the end of June. We loved the guesthouse from the minute the taxi dropped us off and we walked down the lane past the rice paddies to our rooms. We had the 2 very comfortable upstairs rooms with glorious views and wonderful balconies to lounge and relax on. Nyoman and his staff are warm and welcoming. They will arrange any tours or services needed. We had a wonderful massage from lovely Sugi who lives in the house next door - the best massage I have ever had and highly recommend. And definitely have a meal (or more!) at Wild Ginger which is the warung/restaurant run by Nyoman's lovely wife Putu. It is quiet and peaceful, away from the noise of the main street, and the food is the best we had in Bali - absolutely delicious. The kindness and friendliness of Putu and Nyoman was a highlight of our time in Bali. We are already planning to come back!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank campbells05
Colorado
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed twice and our kids stayed in a connecting room upstairs the seine time...love this place. Yes, it is a bit of a walk on a busy road, but the breezes, the frogs, the pieces, and th staff make it work.
Made will climb a coconut tree for hand get you a drink. Nyoman will take you almost anyplace if he is not busy, the banana pancakes, fruit and iced tea for breakfst is divine, and the tranquility is key since you are just close enough to go to nightly cultural snows in ubud and enjoy the sights, but far enough to feel like you are in the country away from the hustle and bustle.
Tops rooms have better views. Rserve early, we stayed for a long itme and it was never empty, ask for airport pick up it is very reasonable, and by all means do eat at put us warung called wild ginger....it is superb, close by, and Putu who is Nyomans wife is a real sweetheart.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank clairann2000
Auckland
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was fantastic. Great staff and rooms, clean, friendly and has a great pool. The breakfast is awesome with fruits, banana pancakes and ginger tea.

The location is pretty good, for some people the walk in the dark back from ubud maybe a little too much but either way you can organize a taxi at any time. The location does give the 4 room house a lovely backdrop though, its in the middle of duck/frog filled rice paddies.

Wild ginger owned by Nyoman's wife Putu produces some amazing local food for good prices also.

We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is a quiet retreat in the rice fields, with lovely gardens, salt water pool and very friendly owner. The rooms don't have aircon but that wasn't a problem as the ceiling fan was fine. Surprisingly few mosquitos considering the location, which is good as the rooms aren't as 'bug tight' as some westerners might expect. The nightly chorus of frogs was at first distracting but we soon found it endearing.
I would highly recomend this place

• Stayed June 2011