“Looks can be deceiving!”
Review of Ary's Warung

Ary's Warung
Ranked #681 of 820 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Contemporary Balinese Asian Cuisine. Martini Bar-Cigar Lounge-Wine Cellar- Degustation Menu-Terrace Dining. Having experienced more than fifteen years of international patronage, Ary’s has developed its reputation by serving fresh intriguing foods and providing amicable service.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

On arriving in Ubud we passed Ary's in the taxi and it looked like a trendy establishment, how wrong we were.
We stopped for drinks initially, hoping to then sample the food.
The bar was empty apart from another couple, we were given menu's eventually and then promptly ordered our drinks, good job it wasn't busy or we would have dehydrated.
My girlfriend ordered a Bellini which came in half filled champagne glass, tasted nothing like a Bellini and had no bubbles!!
We tried to politely rectify the drink where we were met with the "I suddenly now don't speak English' game!!
We promptly left to spend our money in a place that wants you to be there, not a place that seems to inconvenienced by you!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Imagine a place that comes across as "modern" and a menu priced at double the norm for ubud. Experience bare cinder block walls with ugly postmodern art, almost unchewable meat dishes, tasteless frozen bar drinks, and a skeleton crew staff in no hurry to please. Don't waste you time or money. Ubud is full of fabulous places. This is not one of them.

2  Thank GoPhoMo
Reviewed June 11, 2013

A friend of mine recomended this place for us, it seems that the only thing left is the name. We went for the tasting menu which costs 320k pr person. When we started the told us that all of the seafood was unavalable for the day, we figured out why later. Absolutly all the food was tastless, awful and the reason for this was clear after i asked who was the chef that day, They didnt have one! It was one of the waitresses who tawed the food and then microwaved it! What!!! I have truly never felt so dissapointed and angry after a meal my intire life. Worst place ever!

2  Thank Kay K
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Place looked ok when walking past as its located on the main street. We decided to sit at the bar, staff stood around looking bored. We decided we would just have a drink 1 cocktail n 1 premium whiskey plus tax came to $25 aus. Got premium because they didnt have any standard left, but after having been at a fine 5 star dining restaurant this place was still expensive for drinks. Given the price they charged they could as least do the place up a bit. wouldn't go back again.

1  Thank sjobergs
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

This place looks nice, but the service and drinks are terrible. There were 3 waiters and a barman here, the place was empty except for us and it still took ages to get served. When we did order, the drinks took about 10 minutes to arrive. I ordered a piña colada and when I drank the first mouthful I nearly gagged. It was super sour. The barman came rushing over and said "sorry, I used off coconut milk"!! then took my drink away.

I then ordered a replacement drink of a lychee martini. When that arrived (eventually) it was terrible.

We decided to leave and ask for the bill. Yet another stupidly long wait...

This place is expensive and just has no clue. Don't bother!

1  Thank Rosylosy