Villa Semana
$590
$593
$445
Agoda.com
All reviewsayung riverprivate poolour honeymoonoutdoor showerrice paddiesshuttle servicepadi fieldsmain poolcooking classfruit baskethidden paradisefree shuttle to ubudspent nightsdowntown ubudmee gorengthe hustle and bustlespa
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed at the Villa Semana for three days but wished we could have stayed longer. The small resort is set in an amazing surrounding on the river, and the grounds and villa were stunning and very well kept. The food was fantastic and service superb. Everyone was only too willing to help, including the owner who took us on one of our most memorable experiences in Bali, a bike ride through rice paddies.

Room Tip: As the resort is all villas, I think all the rooms would be wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is our 2nd time staying at Villa Semana in year 2011. We stayed in June for 3 nights and didn't realise we will be back again so soon in December. We had a wonderful stay in June and wanted to return back here. At first I was a bit disappointed when Ms Ayu told me that they will be renovating the roof of the restaurant for a few days and the restaurant will be closed during our intended stay. After her reassurance, we decided to return. We definitely have no regrets coming back here. We had our meals at the open living area of another villa. There was hardly any noise coming from the work to the restaurant roof as all work was manual, not using machinery.

The peace and tranquility is just great for anyone to relax. The spa by the river is just heavenly and should not be missed. The sound of the water from the river and the nearby waterfall , together with experienced strokes from the massage ladies' hands is just sooo relaxing. I actually fell asleep and had to be woken up at the end of the massage.

The hotel owner, Jurg is very welcoming. He is very interesting to talk to and has good recommendations on places to visit and dine.

The staff there are so friendly and provides good service. I would like to commend Ms Ayu, Mr Agung, Ms Dewa Mr Janawan and all the restaurant staff. Mr Agung even took the trouble to show us interesting places in Ubud during his off day! Thank you Mr Agung.

The free shuttle service to Ubud town is very reliable and convenient. It takes about 20 mins to reach Ubud town.

We are very glad we discovered this place.Overall, we had a wonderful stay. Yes we will be back again. Definitely!

Room Tip: River facing villas have good views.
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We (family with two teenagers) stayed at Villa Semana from 27 to 31 Dec 2011.
Surrounded with a river, rice padi fileds and lots of greenery.
A good villa resort to relax and recharge.
The spa is located near the river which enhanced the spa experience and relaxation.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the villa resort.
A free shuttle car provide transport to and from Ubud town centre.
Ubud town centre has many shops selling handicrafts, clothing, etc.
Near the villa (about 20 mins by car), there are different villages that specialised in wood carvings or silver or gold products.
The staff at Villa Semana are friendly, helpful and very hospitable.
Based on our good experience, we would recommend our friengs to stay at the villa should they visit Bali.

Room Tip: Asked for rooms facing the river.
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I spent 9 days in Bali with my wife and 3 children and decided to finish our journey with 4 days in Ubud around Xmas time.
Choosing the Villa Semana was the best decision I made. My children are 20 to 24 and everybody fell in love with Villa Semana.
I do not know when I will go back to Bali but I know it will be in Villa Semana!
Everything was first rate and if high quality is in the details, here we are!
The rooms, service, SPA, pool, cuisine and staff, everything is first class ... and for a price making the deal a real good value (they do not charge you for many services as use to do other hotels; ie transfer to Ubud; afternoon tea; water , etc...).
In summary highly recommended!

Room Tip: Hotel as only 10 Villas and there are no "bad" choice! We had one Pool duplex villa with 2 bedrooms(Kamboja)for the 3 children and one terasse riziere view with patio for my wife and I.
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in Semana about 1 month ago, and were impressed by their hospitality as well as the "jungle" environment.
A brand new shuttle bus(a car indeed) fetched us from central Ubud, we were very warmly welcomed through a long and beautiful hill road with lots of art galleries aside. Their service never disturbed us, the room was well cleaned and made up during our out.
We liked to stay in the valla, I like the decoration, the romantic long bed-curtain, the old oriental styled wardrobe and doors, and the nice private swimming pool.
There was no telivision in the room, which is due to the "jungle" concept of Semana(told by one of the car drivers), instead they provided a CD player with some relaxing light music CDs. Of cause, free wiki was provided too.
It was really nice experience in Semana, but I have 2 comments. The bedroom of the garden pool villa we stayed did have big windows, but could not be opened. As we are not used to sleeping with door opened, after locking the doors, we were almost in a sealed room, and had to turn on the air conditioner. I think it would be better if we could enjoy some nature wind during the night without opening a door (maybe the duplex villa could.) And comparing with the amazing environment, maybe the food in Semana's restaurant could be improved.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple