WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Sanur
Vaasa, Finland
“Honeymoon in paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great rooms, a lot of space and friendly staff! We also liked the family style dining room that is used for breafirst. The only negative that can be mentioned is that the hotel is a couple of kilometres from the beach. But it is still a walkable distance and there is a driver available all the time. We talked to the driver during one of the trips and I think he made a good point. "The hotel is like a family and everybody can do everything." And the pride for doing a good job is visible in everything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank 443Kim1980

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Thanks Barb,Gede and all the staff at pondok we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and without doubt have found our accommodation now when visiting Sanur. We were lucky to have the suite plenty of space ,clean and beautifully decorated. The breakfasts were delicious and the kids loved being in the pool and we enjoyed mixing with the other guests as well as the staff . Great service great accommodation thank you

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bels I
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed four times at Pondok Ayu. The most recent was at the end of the year 2012. It was for a family reunion. I rented the whole hotel for my family for 4 days and it was great. The staff was very accomodating and I agree with the other reviews it was a great family hotel.
When I arrived, there was a bouquet of orchid flowers waiting for me in my suite. How lovely!
The rooms are big and spotlessly clean. I know for a fact that every body there works hard to please the guests. I know them by names.
I will be back next year.

Room Tip: Suite is the best room. Too bad there is only one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sri G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Many great things have been written about pondok ayu and we can vouch for what's written 110%! The rooms are a good sized room which slept family of four quite comfortably! What's great bout this place is that it has only 5 rooms and there's really that personal touch by the folks taking care of the place there. Their warm smiles and their ever willing to make ur stay a lil more special are the highlights. An added bonus are the friends we meet there as well! Nice chats @ the communal dining table and pool with the Australian friends who booked out the remaining four rooms. Really appreciate the tips & insights they share (try out the massage next to Benno's @ Sanur Beach!).
The real topping, is the grand send off by the each of the Pondok family as well as the guest!
It really feels like u r leaving home...Our only regret is not having a photo taken with our Balinese family!

2 thumbs up!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank ltkirk
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Recently returned from a 2 1/2 week stay at Pondok Ayu. Have stayed here many times and so it is like returning to our second family home. Everyone goes out of their way to make you comfortable and welcome. Looking forward to our return next year. Rooms are large, very clean with TV, DVD player, air co. fridge, coffee making facilities and with a great breakfast thrown in.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jakal4060
sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Pondok Ayu is a beautiful resort. The rooms and gardens are immaculate. The staff are very helpful, friendly and welcoming. Breakfast around the table was great because it gave us a chance to interact with the other guests. A very relaxing holiday, would not hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: I preferred to be upstairs only because I liked to have a drink on the balcony overlooking all the s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank a1bobcatandtipper
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a find this place was- Thank you Tripadvisor!! Selfishly I didn't want to review this one as I fear it will get harder to book for my next visit, but thats not how tripadvisor works and without finding Pondok on this site I would never have experienced such a great place myself so.......

So many people have rated Pondok highly and have articulated everything thats great about Pondok so well I am at a loss what more to add.
So I will just say that whilst in Bali we stayed at several hotels some of which were four times as expensive as Pondok and (with the exception of the wonderful Damai which is a unique hotel) Pondok was far better in every aspect, from communications when booking,to the upkeep and high standard of the grounds and rooms right through to the amazing service provided by Gede and his family.

We will be back!