Staying at the KAMUELA hotel Sanur means that the Gods are smiling upon you.
My husband and I stayed 10 days at the KAMUELA/Sanur and we were stunned when we entered our suite 211. A superb carved wooden door led us into a hall with private Jacuzzi…a sliding door brought us in our actual suite. Suite 211 was large, very large in fact. Suite 211 had a lovely seating area with everything in it you would dream of. We were met by a lovely Balinese lady who offered us refreshments and lovely cold towels to refresh ourselves. Towards the end of the suite is the sleeping area with a super King-size bed and behind a large matted window is a large well equipped bathroom with a his/hers washbasin, enormous bath, toilet and separate large shower. Towels are soft and plentiful, the usual amenities: soap/cotton buts/eye make-up removing cotton pads/lovely non-evasive body lotion/hair dryer in a tasteful bag/face flannels/shower gel and shampoo with a lovely fresh scent. We were not impressed with the up-market toilets, seniors might have a problem pressing the flush-handle, besides that the flush was not very strong, but that is a minor detail. Suites have a walk-in wardrobe which includes a safe. There is more than enough hanging and drawer space. All suites have flat screen TVs and more than enough channels if you get bored. The ground floor suites have some steps which are at night and for seniors a bit iffy. Because we had asked for 2 single beds we were moved to suite 230 the next day, which is upstairs. Even though both suites are the same, the upstairs ones are nicer. All suites are peaceful. Each night your bed is turned down and beside each bed appears a yummy chocolate! The KAMUELA beds are the softest, the nicest and the dreamiest beds we have ever ever slept in and it is a pity one can’t take them home ‘cos once home you know what you’re missing!
Breakfast is a feast, trust! On offer is: American breakfast, an omelette breakfast, a continental breakfast, a banana pancake breakfast, an Indonesian breakfast, a fish breakfast, a French breakfast, a Belgian breakfast and a Japanese breakfast and if all this is not to your liking I suggest you stay home! Besides the various breakfasts you see here written you have the choice of various fruit juices and tea or coffee and all breakfasts come with a lovely Balinese fruit salad. You can have your eggs done in any way you want and if I have forgotten something then my apologies! Writing this down makes me very homesick for the Kamuela. We did not have lunch at the hotel however we did have dinner on a number of occasions. The menu is good, especially the salads. We did not sample the wine. On Friday night a very small group of musicians is coming to your table. It is a matter of taste, we’d rather have a conversation but young people might want to ask for their favourite song to be played.
Hotel has a lovely swimming pool, beautiful gardens with one-bedroom and two bedroom villa’s. The KAMUELA is not a large hotel, the KAMUELA staff is lovely, hospitable, attentive and they do their utmost to make your stay the best ever! Not only that, they have a good sense of humour too. You might have seen it a thousand times but what we saw on a Saturday night was so mesmerising beautiful, especially with the tropic surroundings! What did we do and see… we dined at the pool because the Balinese dancers were performing and that made our stay extra special. Guest staying longer than 7 days receive a complimentary massage and that massage is not only very soothing and good, it is very very addictive. Guests staying at the KAMUELA receive each afternoon a complementary afternoon tea with lovely cakes as well as at 6 o’clock a complementary cocktail. The KAMUELA hotel offers a free shuttle to the beach as well as a shuttle to certain destinations (shopping malls) and the drivers are lovely and have a good sense of humour too! The KAMUELA is within short walking distance to the beach and the hotel is situated in a street with plenty of shops. Obtaining a taxi is absolutely no problem and the lobby staff is very helpful. Would we recommend this hotel … yes, yes, yes and to be quite honest, in all the many years we have travelled the world, stayed in supposedly top hotels, never ever have we experienced so much kindness and warmth from the KAMUELA hotel staff, a warmth and kindness the Balinese people are so famous for and yes, we’re gonna go there again and again and again! One thing you do have to be aware of: lift your feet when you step over the ground floor entrance – watch your step in the shower – watch the corners of the beds, other than that you’ll be having the time of your life staying at the KAMUELA, remember each night before you go to sleep and each morning when you wake up…the Gods are smiling upon you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect resort setting year-round, Kamuela Villas and Suite - Sanur offers an exquisite tropical ambiance, ideal for families to reconnect, and for couples to retreat. Located in Sanur, a quaint neighbourhood in the southeastern part of Bali, Kamuela Villas & Suite - Sanur features seven private pool villas in a choice of one, two and three bedroom villas and twelve sophisticated suites. Make time stands still. Each Private Villa comes with all the signature features that Kamuela Villas offer: a private pool, personalized butler services, a kitchenette and in-room dining, with additional access to the spacious common pool area that features a pool bar and café surrounded by lush greenery and comfy day beds – the perfect spot for all-day lounging. The Suites are just as luxurious, with large open spaces including outdoor areas and bubbling outdoor jacuzzis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamuela Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Aston Sanur
- Sanur Aston
- Kamuela Villas And Suite Sanur Bali