“Perfect little bungalow with private pool”

Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur
Ranked #2 of 145 Specialty Lodging in Sanur
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We've spent our honeymoon in one of the villas at Kamuela and had a wonderful time. We especially enjoyed our own little pool and the outdoor living room of our villa.
The hotel's service is just perfect, and most of the staff is extremely friendly. In the evening, you can place your breakfast order in a bamboo roll, and the next morning it will be served in your villa at the desired time. When you come home at night, you will find a bedtime story on your pillow. And when you want to go to the beach or the supermarket, one of the drivers will bring you there for free.

Special thanks to Made!

The food at the hotel's restaurant is first-class, and we've always enjoyed sitting there, next to the beautiful pool, but there are also a lot of other nice restaurants nearby.
We've been a bit disappointed by the "beach club" and preferred the other beaches from the big hotels. The funny thing: You're allowed to spread out your towel there, but you don't have any possibility to rent one of the deck chairs.
The only thing we really didn't like about Sanur were the stray dogs at the beach.
Even though: We would come back for sure!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reisefieber10
Kamuela S, Manager at Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for your great review, happy to read your enjoyed your honeymoon with us, will pass
your compliment to Made, see you soon on your next stay.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed next door at the Sanur Beach Hotel. Their spa was closed, so I headed to Kamuela.
Oh my goodness, what great value and beautiful location.
The were running a 'special' at the time. 169000rph for a balinese massage. The room is open air, but fan cooled. Relaxing water running in the background. The massage itself was great and the lady checked several times early in the massage to ensure it was to my comfort level. The towels were clean and fresh.
I tried getting a second visit in, but they were booked out (no wonder).
The spa is set in the Kamuela grounds and I have to say, the rest of the place looked fantastic. Clean, quiet, classy.... I wanted to move there straight away.
I would defitenly book at this hotel next time I am in Bali.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank nediztu

Hi Ne Diztu,

Thank you for your great review regarding Aum Spa, hopefully you can stay with us for your
next trip to Bali and very happy to offer you special Spa package during your next stay.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

we stayed in a one bedroom villa over christmas we had a very relaxing and lovely holiday
the staff was aways very friendly and went out there way to help. breakfast was good the staff came around to our villa every afternoon with a nice cup of tea and cake. free transport around sanur area was great. we found the villa to be clean and everything you need was there if not you just asked for it . the only downside it needs a makeover which is now being done thanks to Rihendra the villa manager. we thank you all at kamuela and hope to see you all in june

Room Tip: all suites or villas are roomy
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karaoke176

Hi Mr/Mrs. Barry

Thank you for your fantastic review, very glad to serve you during your stay , see you soon on
next June.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had another amazing stay at the Kamuela Suites and Villas, Sanur, it just gets better.

On check in I was greeted by Rihendra the Villa Manager and staff with a welcoming hug and greeting. After a long flight and trip from the airport having the complimentary drink on arrival was appreciated. After that headed to my favourite suite to open the door to essential oil burning and within seconds I started to relax.

Again had lovely meals at Caramels Restaurant the attention to detail by the staff is second to none, they remembered all the things I liked including the way I like my tofu cooked. I add that Puspa one of the bartenders also won the bartender award for 2012 within the hotel group, she is fabulous, and I enjoyed spending time exchanging English and Indonesian lessons with her and the other staff after a few wines.

One of my favourite indulgences at the Kamuela is spending time with my favourite masseuse Sari, she has the ultimate in healing hands, her care is exceptional, she also has a knack of releasing sore spots and tension with her "special heated hand treatment".

Having travelled extensively and including a background in hospitality this experience I had with the staff topped the list of customer service.

I was unable to attend the Garuda Sanur office to change my flight home as I had travelled to Candi Dasa for a few days and after several phone calls to Garuda unsuccessfully I was getting very concerned needed assistance.

Knowing that Rihendra had always been very helpful in the past I contacted him seeking his assistance, additionally I add that it was out of business hours. Both he and his staff member Topan spent several hours sorting out the ticket issue, considering I had already checked out of the Kamuela the day before, they were still prepared to support me, this act of kindness and care I will never forget.

The Kamuela is popular for functions and weddings. I believe that sometime in the near future it will be booked out for two weeks with the staff making all the arrangements including the ceremony. I would not hesitate to hold a special function within the lovely surroundings. The place lit at night has a very romantic ambiance.

This stay I used the transport services of the Kamuela. I was pleasantly surprised at the competitive prices they offered on par with the local drivers, this also included free transport within the close surrounds, it is very relaxing having a professional well groomed uniformed driver quietly go about there work getting you were you need to go without fuss.

On the last night of my stay I had the opportunity to stay in one of the villas, it was like having a private oasis with my own pool and 2 sunbeds. The villa was tastefully decorated with a large outside/inside bathroom, lounge and kitchen area, also a second TV and DVD player was provided in the lounge area, could have stayed in it forever.

I cannot wait until my next holiday at this special place and fortunately is not to far away.

Please do not hesitate to PM if you have any further inquires.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Karin C
Kamuela S, Manager at Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

The words you wrote create a big smile on our face, thank you! We are happy you had an excellent
stay with us and love to welcome you again!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Arrived back at Kamuela on Boxing Day ts so good to e back. We are staying in an upstairs suite this time for 3weeks all other times we have stayed in the villas. As we have no family with us this trip we decided to try a suite. The suites are very big we love the big lounge to relax on and the huge bathroom. The suites are more quite than the villas can not hear the neighbors at all and the heavy curtains keep the room dark for those well earned sleep ins.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Murrste

Thank you so much for your third great review! Great to read you enjoyed staying in the suites too
after your good experience with the villas!

Note to hotel manager: did this guest already wrote the third review about this hotel? How can you
check that? That really kind!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have just arrived home a stay at these lovely villas. During our trip we stayed for 2 nights before heading to Lembongan and then for a further 6 nights at the end of our holiday. Both times we were in a 1 bedroom pool villa.
We thoroughly enjoyed both stays, although our second villa had a larger garden area and got much more sunlight which we loved.
Breakfast was always served on time in our villa and was ok as far as breakfasts go. Although we did always have to call the staff to remove the dirty dishes afterwards otherwise they weren't removed until housekeeping called round for the day.
We ordered food to our villa on a number of occasions and this was also ok. Some dishes were better than others.
Having an on-call shuttle service anywhere in the Sanur area was excellent and we used this on a number of occasions as otherwise the walk to some of the restaurants was probably a little far. Also it was handy when we wanted to stock up on supplies at Hardy's.
There are 2 ATM's right next to the entrance which was also very handy if we needed to withdraw money.
I had a couple of treatments at the hotel spa and these were well done. I especially loved the Lomi lomi massage!
There is one small thing the hotel could improve on. The cleaning of the villa could have been better. There was dust and dirt on the vanity, floor of bathroom and in other areas that was just never removed during our entire stay and there was always ants in the outdoor kitchen area and sometimes the bathroom.
All in all we had a wonderful stay and hope to return soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am writing this review on behalf of my Dad. He visited the Kamuela in Sanur late November for a week of R&R by himself. I booked him into a suite, as I had viewed these rooms on another visit. He was suitably impressed with the size of the room, and thought the jacuzzi was great too. He wanted me to mention the lovely staff at the restaurant and bar. A special mention goes to Dharma and Weti, who made his stay even more enjoyable. They are both very friendly people, and go out of their way to help.
Dad also thought the food was of a high standard and the free drinks at night was great.
Thanks again.

Room Tip: Upstairs room was great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nell10

Hi Nell,

Very happy to read your Suite review’s , say hello to your dad and mom, I will pass his compliment
to all staff here, wish see u soon on your next trip to Bali ya..

Best Regards,