“Fantastic Villa”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

H3834ZNva...
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic Villa”
Reviewed March 17, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Our first stay in Bali and it didn't disappoint. Everything I've read about Villa Serena is true. The villa is scrupulously clean with all the modern appliances but still has the traditional Bali look. If staying with a group, there's plenty of space to retreat to if you need time on your own and with 2 TVs & an assortment of DVDs and a bookcase of books to choose from, there's no reason not to just stay at home and relax by the pool. We couldn't have faulted the location of the villa - one street back from the beach, across the road from a large supermarket, close to the markets and heaps of good eating places.

From the time we were met at the Airport by Kadek, our lovely housemaid, until the night we left, we were spoiled by this lovely lady. Every morning we were greeted with her lovely smile and amazing breakfasts - I recommend you ask her to prepare the local dishes rather than Western meals as I didn't find any meals in cafe's that came close to what she prepared. Nothing was too much trouble for Kadek. Washing, ironing, shopping for food supplies, arranging daily tours and changing of money were just a few of the tasks she provided for us. Our holiday was made all that more memorable because of Kadek.

Lastly - thank you to the owner David. He always answered my emails promptly and gave me invaluable advice regarding currency, tours & restaurants.

My daughter & her partner and myself would love to come back next time we visit Bali.

Emma R
“Luxury Villa in Sanur!”
Reviewed March 5, 2018 for a stay in February 2018
people found this review helpful

What a perfect way to end our holiday! After spending 5 nights in Kuta we were eager to arrive in Sanur to relax for our last 5 nights. When we arrived we were greeted by the lovely Kadek, who helped bring our luggage in and showed us around the Villa.

When you walk into the Villa the first thing you see is a perfect size private pool with clear blue water. The Villa consists of two private bedrooms with private ensuites in the main part of the Villa and one other private bedroom separated from the main Villa which also has its own ensuite. (A small additional cost is required for the extra room for maintenance etc). Main bedrooms have an extra outside shower which is a bonus! All rooms have their own aircon system also.

In between the main Villa bedrooms is a fully equip kitchen with a fridge, stove and oven, microwave, water filter with hot and cold water and plates, cups and cutlery. The lounge room in the Villa is an open floor design with fans, tv with Foxtel and DVD player along with some dvds to watch at your own leisure.

Complimentary drinks in the fridge on arrival and fresh fruit basket. Kadek was very polite and very helpful throughout our whole stay. She did our washing everyday ironed and folded it and placed back into our bedroom along with regular cleaning eg; made the beds, cleaned bathroom and did dishes etc. We trusted Kadek with our money which she exchanged for us when needed and helped us order food/taxis when required.

Kadek made a lovely breakfast for us every morning which we only paid for ingredients for at the end of the stay. We had bacon, eggs, toast, juice, coffee, tomato and banana pancakes every morning which came to an approx total of $2.50 a day per person, bargain! (She can cook other meals if requested).

Villa is directly across the road to the new grocery store called ‘Popular’ which has fruit, veg, meat, snacks, drinks and toiletries etc. Some market stores next door. Cheap massage spa left of the Villa very close by. Beach is a 3 min walk with restaurants along and fixed price markets (tooties) approx 15 min walk (sindu beach). I recommend hiring bikes approx $3-5 for a full day and ride along and explore.

Highly recommend the restaurant ‘Massimo’ beautiful Italian food (the best gnocchi I’ve ever had) just 5 min walk from the Villa with amazing gelato out the front. Bookings recommend, very popular.

Overall would highly recommend Villa Serena, perfect location and perefect relaxing accomodation.

Thank you Kadek for your lovely service and thank you Dave for providing this Villa.

P.S we hope you enjoy your gift Kadek!

Journey70...
“This Villa is everything you would want!”
Reviewed January 14, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

We loved our stay at Villa Serena and will definitely be back. The location is great as there is a store right across the road and the staff are super friendly. You are a short walk to the beach too. Kadek the house keeper is the real gem though. She is so helpful and kind. Do yourself a favour and check this one out!

Your age range 35-49
Jjag321
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Everything you could hope for from villa holiday - security, luxury and relaxation ”
Reviewed November 11, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

This was our third stay at the villa and as our previous two stays we left completely recharged and relaxed thanks to Kadek who as usual was golden in how she looked after us. Booking the villa is uncomplicated as Dave the owner, is very approachable and quick to respond each year it takes very little effort to book and pay securely. This year we took my brother who was as amazed as we are in the quality of the Villa and how excellent Kadek is at cleaning, shopping for our food and beverages, cooking, doing our laundry assisting and going with him on shopping trips for gifts. We continue to book the villa each year as this is the only place we have found in recent years to be of the highest standard regarding accommodation and Sanur is a fantastic place to unwind in. No kidding it really is as good as myself and other reviewers feedback. Book it! you will not be disappointed

JRMDY
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Just fabulous!”
Reviewed October 8, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

My 13 year old son and I stayed here with friends during our holiday in Bali. We stayed for a week, and it was lovely! Although bars, restaurants and shops are literally on the doorstep, stepping into the grounds of villa makes it all feel a million miles away, it is so peaceful and serene. Kadek (the manager / maid) is just lovely - I had read all the reviews about her prior to our arrival, but she really is as amazing as the other reviews suggest. Always so happy to help with a gorgeous smile on her face. Some of my clothes needed a delicate wash, I loved that I could trust her with making sure no mishaps happened in the laundry! I have never been a coffee drinker - but Kadek made me my first proper coffee and I have to say it was very good... so good she made me one most mornings :-)

The villa is very spacious and comfortable. With three bedrooms each with their own bathroom ensuite, there was plenty of privacy if it was required (the air conditioned spaces were a lovely retreat in the heat of the day to lie and read a book), and the spacious living spaces meant there was also plenty of room to gather as a group and enjoy an icy cold Bintang.

It was great that there was a great variety of restaurants within walking distance. We particularly enjoyed Little Mars for very reasonably priced local dishes; we dined there several times for lunch / dinner. There is also a new supermarket right across the road with most things you might need.

I can't wait to return to the villa one day soon, I can definitely recommend it as a top spot to stay in Sanur.

Belinda13
Perth, Australia
“Paradise found!”
Reviewed September 13, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I walked through the gates of Villa Serena and the sparkling pool, beautiful garden and magnificent villa just took my breath away. The villa is spacious, delightfully furnished, comfortable, private and secure. It has everything you could possibly hope for including reliable wifi. Kadek, the housemaid, is an absolute marvel. She arrived every morning with a beaming smile and added a very special touch to my stay at the villa with her charm and cheery nature. Nothing was too much trouble for her and I was thrilled to be able to try a variety of Balinese food which she cooked for me every day. Her local knowledge is invaluable and I loved her insights into the Balinese culture. I learned such a lot from my talks with Kadek. From the villa there is a supermarket within 60 metres where you can buy a wide range of products including fresh bread, cakes and pastries. The beach is less than half a kilometre from the villa and the magnificent sunrise is well worth getting up at the crack of dawn for. Eating places abound within walking distance of the villa, there are plenty of shops to browse through when you take to the streets and cultural ceremonies are common. And when you are hot and tired from the hustle and bustle of outside life, just step back through the gate to Villa Serena, flop into the pool and you are in paradise!

Paolaowen...
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Piece of paradise in the heart of Sanur”
Reviewed September 10, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We had the most fabulous 4 weeks in Villa Serena. Dave, the owner has always been very prompt at replying to my emails.
The villa looks much nicer than the photos. It is kept in spotless conditions. Every room is very spacious and light. The 3 bedrooms are well appointed, with plenty of wardrobe space. The beds were incredibly comfortable; ceiling fans and A/C are present in all 3 bedrooms. We loved using the outside showers.
As all the other guests said in the previous reviews, Kadek, the housekeeper, is a absolutely gem. She is full of life, so polite, kind..a real pleasure to have around. We spent a lot of time talking about the Balinese culture and different ceremonies. I loved listening to her stories. Right from the beginning, Kadek showed us how to make the offerings at the house temple, so our 3 daughters (aged 11,7,7) loved doing it every single day.
The open plan living room and kitchen is fantastic, they overlook the pool and the gorgeous garden. We spent many hours in the evenings, sitting outside, reading , playing board games, chatting. The girls LOVED the pool, they couldn't get enough of it. Every minute we were in the villa, they wanted to go for a cheeky swim.
The location of the villa is superb, so central yet so quiet. Only 10 minutes walk to Sanur beach and so many restaurants to choose from, just at your doors step. We loved having the Populan supermarket literally in front of the Jade B complex, 30 seconds away from the villa. We went there every single morning to buy food for breakfast. They have a very good selection of freshly baked breads, pastries and fresh fruit.
We honestly don't think we could have picked a better villa. We felt at home from
day 1. There is something very special about Villa Serena - we were incredibly sad to leave. Thank you Dave & Kadek for a memorable stay. We'll be back!!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing