I would have rated Sindhu Metha Gues House very good, but cannot because because of the state of the toilet and shower. A small, reasonably quiet, no frills guesthouse. However, if do decide to stay, make sure to confirm your bookings before you leave. A few days before our arrival, we were informed that one of the two rooms we had booked would not be available for one night as the guesthouse had overbooked. Bali Scuba which had booked our stay managed to resolve the issue very quickly and we had the two rooms throughout our stay.
Our rooms were large and the beds were comfortable, with a good reading lamp. The linen was clean and the room was cleaned every day. It would have been a squeeze to accommodate three people. The air-conditioning was effective and quiet, the water pressure not great and it took a while for the hot water to flow. I did hear another guest complaining about the noise from their refridgerator. The toilet needs a very thorough cleaning though. We encountered a couple of cockroaches on the first day and after a successful hunt, we made sure to keep all our bags zipped to avoid bringing home unwanted guests and didn’t see any more roaches during the rest of our stay.
The breakfast was the same every day, but not being big on breakfast, it was OK for us. Other than breakfast, the guesthouse does not cater for any other meals, although you can order in from a restaurant from the menu in the room. We didn’t try this.
We seldom use swimming pools and the one in Sindhu was small. The staff are courteous and helpful and the two young men at front desk and the driver seem to manage the place pretty well. As this was part of our dive safari package and located close to the dive centre, we chose not to move to another hotel. It was a bit far from the beach and the main shopping and tourist areas and finding taxis, especially at night, was not easy. Before you ask the front desk to call a taxi, ask them if there is a surcharge, we didn’t and the surcharge was more than double the fare. Not a bad place, but I would recommend it only if you are on a budget or wish to be near Bali Scuba.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sindhu Mertha Guest House with its simple but yet rich architectural lines, the indigenous local materials and the exquisite fabrics, blend the sensual Balinese atmosphere with incredible high standard of modern western living. Offer a perfectly balance of nature, culture, art and warm hospitality for your total comfort. Spacious standard room offering a total comfort to relax with its balcony adds a great value to the room overlooking to the pool and garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sindhu Mertha Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Sindhu Mertha Guest House Hotel Sanur
- Sindhu Mertha Guest House Sanur, Bali