“Paradise at a great price!”
Review of Flashback's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanur
Flashback's
Ranked #10 of 136 Sanur B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Paradise at a great price!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was an absolute delight to all the senses! From the pleasant Porch Cafe walking past the veranda and through the arch to a beautiful small tropical garden with pool with frangipani's floating in it – this was a treat. I’m not a fan of big hotel’s (you could be anywhere in the world) and really like a more traditional, smaller style of accommodation – this ticked all the boxes. Although in the centre of Sanur it was very quiet.

Breakfast in the Porch Cafe was just lovely, fresh fruit, eggs, toast – all the trimmings.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were all very friendly.

I can’t recommend Flashback’s highly enough, although I shouldn’t speak too highly of it as it may be fully booked out when next I return!!

Thank you to all the staff for making our stay in Sanur special.

Room Tip: We stayed in two rooms that shared a bathroom - which was great. All the rooms would be quiet - but...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I traveled alone and had never really done that before. Flashbacks was the perfect place to stay for a nervous first time alone traveler. Staff are professional and friendly with excellent English. The Porch Cafe attached had good espresso and excellent food. The beds were very comfortable and I deeply appreciated the fresh flower petals dropped onto my bed every evening. There is an excellent couch on a cool verandah where I could read a selection of good books while I was adjusting to the heat and humidity. The small but adequate pool was salt water, and exquisitely cool. I missed it when I left and would definitely go back. I could live there!

Room Tip: If you wanted more privacy and room, there were lovely little rooms apart from the main building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
australia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed recently at Flashbacks in the upstairs room ( with kitchen and lounge). I have stayed in Sanur quite a bit and will always stay here from now on. Great value for money, clean, great relaxed atmosphere, small pool but its clean & refreshing. Terrific staff and the food was excellent at the porch cafe. Close to all the action but quiet at night. Loved it !!!!

Room Tip: Upstairs room has plenty of space with Lounge dining and kichen and air con in the bedroom.
1 Thank AliJAustralia
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nice...scratch that....very nice place. I could only stay the one night as they were fully booked but nice place. As a backpacker I felt it was upmarket but good value for money. If you are traveling with your girlfriend.wife.significant other, best not get cheap and make her and check in here. The next morning after a fab breakfast attached the staff helped me find another place just down the road. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chau Doc, Vietnam
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I researched quite a few hotels and all the other places in Sanur seems to be a lot more expensive. Flashbacks is really nice, beautiful room and bathroom, good breakfast, friendly helpful staff, small but nice and clean pool, nice area to hang out. Good location.Think it is very good value. The only negative is that their restaurant is a bit overpriced, stay there find dinner somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Exactly what I was expecting - small, intimate and friendly accomodation right in the centre of Sanur. Easy access to the beach and more importantly, Hardy's just up the road! Breakfast was awesome - I'm still dreaming of the gorgeous fruit platter and home-made ciabatta toast. I had a few meals at the Porch Cafe which were terrific. Plus there are tons of exciting cafes within strollling distance. Next time I'm in Sanur I'll definitely be staying here. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Air conditioned bungalows are the way to go.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Lovely quiet, small place to stay. We stayed two nights and I would recommend room 2 with air-con, especially at night with the mosquitoes all around! We had a LOVELY breakfast each morning at The Porch Cafe at the front of Flashbacks. The staff were very friendly despite the scare I might have given them at one stage. My friend booked Flashbacks after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor which were very helpful. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with air-con as at night it is still hot and the mozzies come in the room (despite th...