We stayed here for 7 nights and afterwards regretted moving to a more expensive hotel in Legian. We miss Emerald Villas.
We paid approximately AUD $160/night for the Honeymoon Villa through Agoda.
Rooms & our stay:
This villa was huge, private, we had a maid (Tirka) come every day to clean and do our washing, as well as the pool boy to clean and maintain the pool, the gardener to tend the garden, all included in the price. We thought the cutlery, utensils, drinking glasse etc could be cleaner, I washed them myself always before using, other than this (and all the mosquitoes that managed to get in our bedroom and mauled us at night!) I cannot fault this villa. There is cable TV, a DVD player, an all-important blender to mix drinks, fans in the kitchen and dining area, very efficient aircon in the bedroom.
We were given Villa B17 which is actually a 3-bedroom villa, the staff just locked up the other 2 private rooms (with ensuites).
It was very quiet except when the neighbour' rooster made some noise (could not hear from bedroom) or practiced the drums.
The villa is 5 min walk to the beach, just cross Jl Danau Tamblingan, practically straight down the street the villa is on. This takes you maybe 50m from the Hyatt' beachfront which is the nicest part of the beach. There is also some watersport places where you come out onto the beach, set prices, good value for money.
On the corner of Tamblingan and the villa street (Jl Karangsari) is a Bagus shop/convenience store, which also has a money changer inside. Not a fanstastic rate but very convenient.
If you turn right at Tamblingan instead of straight across, there is CharMing restaurant (our favourite in Sanur), and further along Massimo's (which is very popular, but we didn't like).
Turn left on Tamblingan and a 10-15 min walk will get you to Hardy's, where you can stock up on groceries. There is a also a good DVD store in there who actually told us when we picked a copy DVD that wasn't good quality!
Everyone who works in this villa complex are friendly, with 24/7 security at the front gate who make you feel safe, and they are also very friendly and happy to find out more about you. We especially liked the security guard to has a slight gap in his front teeth, he was lovely!
Reception were friendly and efficient, all the poolboys were friendly, smiling and always said hello, and of course our maid Tirka was beautiful.
We ordered room service many times in the villa, and everything was great. Not all villas have this facility so it was excellent. They had a large selection for breakfast and other meals, very well priced. They also offered alcoholic drinks and cocktails if you can't be bothered making them in-villa.
Highly recommend this villa if you are looking for a private relaxing holiday escape in Sanur, very good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You are cordially invited to indulge yourself at your own private First Class © Bali Luxury Villa on the “Best Island” in the world LOW COST AIRPORT TRANSPORT: Your luxurious experience begins with an optional ( additional charge) low cost service by our Balinese chauffeur directly to your Villa in a modern air-conditioned vehicle.TROPICAL PARADISE: As you enter the front gates you will realize that the villa complex is first class which is usually only the prerogative of the rich and famous.HUGE VILLA WITH LARGE PRIVATE POOL: Magnificent architecture, spacious grounds and exquisite tropical landscaping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Emerald Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerald Villas Hotel Sanur
- Emerald Villas Sanur, Bali