Prima Cottage
Puri Santrian(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$126
$85
Agoda.com
Segara Village Hotel(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$130
$77
Griya Santrian(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$151
$104
Agoda.com
Sudamala Suites & Villas(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$117
$164
Kejora Suites(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$115
$111
Mercure Resort Sanur(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$74
$424
$219
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My mother and I stayed in Prima Cottage for 3 nights in February 2013. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the air conditioning was very welcome, and staff friendly and helpful.The restaurant and pool area was a lovely place to relax. Breakfast was enough to get you going though not lavish - but this is a budget accommodation. The toast could be cooked for longer, it needs to go a light brown colour.

We enjoyed our stay very much and we went back to Prima for our last night in Bali. On our first visit we had downstairs rooms and on our return we had an upstairs room. The stairs were a little tricky for my mum who is 82. Am not complaining though we rang quite late and night and felt very lucky to have been able to get a room at all.

The bathrooms have great showers although they are a little tired. Didn't worry us at all though and we always were a pair of rubber thongs when in the shower anyway. I was not disturbed by any noise at all (although I do where earplugs for sleeping).

The only negative thing I have to say is that being an animal lover I was a bit distressed to see the 2 beautiful birds in such small cages. I would have loved to have seen them in an avery so that they had some room to move. I would also like to have seen some cuttlefish in their cages because their beaks are getting a bit long.

Overall it was a great stay and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed in a cottage. They were lovely, air conditioned, tv and cleaned everyday. Staff were very friendly. The place was nice and quiet off the busy road. In a great location with a short walk to the beach and restaurants. Good choice for breakfast and additional extras for a small cost. Pool was lovely to cool off in the afternoons. Great place for budget travelers.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank christina c
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We booked 4 nights but did not stay there any nights. The room was dirty, full of insects and the door to the hall could not close. The bathroom was also dirty and there were dead insects all over.
The staff were friendly but unexperienced.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maria R
PrimaC0ttage, Owner at Prima Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Madam

We are really confuse by this review as upon our investigation we find out:

1.All booked guest who show up, stayed at the hotel.
2. We did not receive booking under that name.
3. We did not receive booking from guest living in Copenhagen that month.
4. After we visit neighboring hotel what you write positive review on, reception could not find guest under that name also.

I apologize as after I could not find such guest I can not refer to all your Prima Cottage concern.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

After 24 hrs of travel from the Gold Coast Australia via Air Asia arriving at 2:00am we were ready for bed. My wife and I knew we were staying in a budget hotel and were ready for the drop in quality. The children on the other hand (12 & 15 yrs) were not ready for the disappointment. After a couple of hours sleep I got up and inspected a large number of hotels to find something close to what we wanted to spend (we were traveling for 34 days and because of the ages we needed 2 rooms. My search, around Sanur, found some nice resorts on the outside but none substantially better overall. Most rooms were poorly maintained and therefore had little to offer over Prima Cottage. Prima Cottage rooms were large but the bathrooms were at least 20 years old (or seemed to be). The pool is small in comparison to the the resorts so if your desire is to relax around the pool while the children play, you might be disappointed. If the pool is to cool off after a hot day it is perfect. The breakfasts are for sustenance only, they really need to improve this if they want to start getting better reviews. It isn't hard to cook a good egg and toast. There are too many points to cover but overall we quickly relaxed into Prima Cottage and found the rooms convenient to Sanur and a great little Warung (Lilla Wahrung) around the corner. Given the criticism, the price offered was good value for money.

Room Tip: Bring a towel if you like a nice towel to dry off and a quality power adapter and power board for charging phones etc.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard H
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was our last place to stay on our visit to Indonesia and was a bit different to others we have stayed at . On the plus side good location as you just have to walk round the corner to restaurants or cut through the hotel to the beach rooms a good size with a fridge, air con and the large wardrobe space . The staff are attentive and the place is spotlessly clean . The bathroom is a wet room with hot water at all times in fact too hot and you have to wait to balance it as hard to regulate. On the minus side they only give you 2 small towels (which they change daily) breakfast is the most basic and they charge extra for anything other than eggs toast and two slices of undercooked woolly bread. The pool towels which are normal size they ask you not to take away the pool. They have security boxes but they are small so we could not put our camera in.However for what we were paying good value . We had booked a villa but it was unavailable for the whole of our stay so took a room and as a child was screaming and splashing at 7am glad we hadn't as this overlooks the pool.There is building work goin on at the side of the hotel so you are overlooked if you stay by the pool by workmen.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple