“1st time stay in Sanur”

Ranked #35 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Darwin, Australia
“1st time stay in Sanur”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been holidaying in Bali since 1981 and am sorry to say I have never stayed on the Sanur side. This trip I booked us into Swastika Bungalows for 3 nights to test the water so to speak. I am very please to say that we thoroughly enjoyed the quiet, relaxing and easy pace of Sanur.
Swastika Bungalows have been around for ever and I have friends that have been staying there for years. The property is well located on Jalan Danau Tamblingan , one street back from the beach front which is an easy walk with a number of access roads.
The original bungalows have been upgraded and the new deluxe wing is at the back of the property. The gardens are beautiful, well kept and extensive which breaks up the bungalows into sections for additional privacy. Bonus of three pools and the new one has a swim up bar.
Loved the deluxe rooms. They are big, clean with very efficient air conditioning. The king size bed was comfortable and firm. A big veranda sitting area with comfortable chairs, huge main room – bedroom and sitting area with flat screen TV. This leads into the dressing room with wardrobe, storage shelves, fridge and the hand basin. The bathroom has a separate shower and bath which would easily accommodate a tall person. Love the separate shower.
Excellent choice for breakfast, fresh fruit platters and your choice of cooked breakfast, pastries, etc. The staff are very friendly and helpful. All in all a very pleasant start to our holiday. I will be staying at Swastika again next trip. Happy to recommend this property.

Room Tip: Recommend you pay the extra and upgrade to the new deluxe rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Trish4040

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 27, 2013

i have stayed 8 times and booked again 1 week only this time over easter 2013 staff are fantastic . I have stayed in both older and the new rooms you get what u pay for . I was very happy mr Bram could swing a room 4 me at short notice over new year for 2 weeks . Most suited mature or younger famlies . kuta 4 party people

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank chrisperthwa_13
world
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at Swastika about 8 years ago and liked it then. It has now improved and I enjoyed my stay there. I stayed in a Deluxe room which was newly refurbished and looked over one of the pools. The room and pool were great as was the staff. The location isn't perfect but it's pretty good. I did think the price was a bit high. On this visit I stayed in a much superior room at a different hotel nearer the beach for $13 a night less.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room looking over the new pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gypsymaman
australia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Loved my stay here. The room and staff were lovely. The pools and surroundings were perfect for what I wanted. The breakfast but could be a little better. But for the price it was fine.
Am planning on trying to book here again soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jubillee
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stopped here on my way to Australia, after booking in and sorting out our rooms which were spotlessly clean and more than adequate we went to dine at the restaurant, the food was stunning, the service was impecable and the entertainment was brilliant. After we had dined we finished the night off in the pool, being sat outside in the warm night air enjoying a few drinks with good company was a very pleasant and memorable experience that will stay with me for a very long time, if I'm ever fortunate to be in this beautiful part of the world again I'll definitely be stopping and dining here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank James G
Bratislava
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Swastika is a very stylish and comfortable hotel where you can meet nice people from all over the world and make friends with them, people are more open maybe because of the bungalow style of Swastika - you spend most of your time outside or at the swimming pool and this is easier to speak with others and change experience.
We were very satisfied and would come back anytime, room was comfortable and garden marvellous! Breakfast was OK, you can choose what you want. Staff was very nice, nothing was a problem. Widhie and Eddie, thank you!
My advice: before buying souvenirs or clothes in the street market, just consult the real price at the Hardy s shopping centre - you willl be very surprised!

Room Tip: We prefer standard room, it is stylish and more authenitic than the newest De Luxe rooms, however, t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was my second visit to the Swastika Bungalows and once again I was very happy during my stay. Okay, it isn't a 5 star hotel and the rooms are fairly basic but the real charm of this place is down to the lush green surroundings and the fact that it is located well off the road. There are 3 nice clean pool areas to hang out by if you can't face the walk to the beach. Location is good, it's right in the middle of Sanur, near ATMs, supermarkets, shops etc. Breakfast is basic but fills you up. All the staff have been very friendly. Our room had an openair bathroom which wasn't as mozzie infested as i'd expected. I'm sure you could find more luxurious hotels in Sanur but you get what you pay for. We could have done with a couple of extra towels. For our wallet it was the right place and i would come again.

Room Tip: get a pool side room and invest in the AC as the fan isnt enough and its really warm and sticky in t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple