Villa Puri Ayu
Puri Santrian(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$164
$90
Segara Village Hotel(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$130
$77
Agoda.com
Mercure Resort Sanur(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$74
Griya Santrian(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$151
$104
Agoda.com
Sudamala Suites & Villas(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$117
$239
$234
$424
$219
All reviewsemerald loftone bedroom apartmentlarge poolthe main roadoutdoor bathroomlane waysmall hotelliving areanoodlesbreakfast includedquiet locationshort walk to the beachhome away from homebars and restaurantspurivillalofts
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently spent 14 nights at Villa Puri Ayu - my family and I stayed in their 3 bedroom villa. We loved our time at the Hostel. It's very quiet, intimate and so relaxing. The villa was right next to the pool so for the kids it was fantastic that they could swim and then come "home" without us having to watch them. The staff are amazingly friendly and since the hotel is small, they know their guests. Agun, the Manager arranged transfers to where ever we wanted to go - she even went as far as sending a staff member to Dolphin Lodge to book a dolphin experience for us as we couldn't get one. Honestly if you are looking for a pool bar, lots of people and heaps of restaurant, Villa Puri Ayu is NOT for you. But if you are looking for a quiet holiday and time to relax, then this is wonderfu. It's a stones throw to Sanue beach and in walking distance to cafe's, restaurants and local shops. The Sanur Beach Hotel is right next door. The villa was serviced daily with clean towels and beds made. We will definitely go back and we recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room near the main pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We loved this small complex hidden down a lane way. Would suggest you organize airport pickup with Puri Ayu beforehand as a taxi may not find it. Literally a 3 minute walk to the beach as well as many great restaurants. Clean & comfortable rooms ( ours was 301) with good air con & a mosquito net on a comfy bed. Brekky was good and the pool area lovely. They could do with a few more lounges but it wasn't busy when we were there. Staff were excellent and we would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Where do I begin? This place felt like it was once beautiful but has been left to ruin. We checked into our room which looked run down then we went out to explore the area. On our way out we looked at the small swimming pool where the water appeared cloudy and the mattress under the gazebo had big brown and black stains. The main swimming pool was surrounded by old worn pool chairs. The spa by the pool looked disgusting with a head rest covered in mould.
When we got back to our room, we decided to have a bath. The plug hole was full of hair. We went to bed and pulled back the mosquito net which was covered in brown stains and the top of it was mouldy.
The next morning we asked to change rooms and they obliged. As I was doing a diving course I had to rush. When I got back, I went to have a shower and the bathmat was covered in stains. The curtains in the room also had stains and the mosquito net was worse than the other room. When we went to bed we noticed the bed sheets also had brown stains on them.
The next morning we went to breakfast where they thought it was OK to ask my pregnant wife to bring me something I had ordered rather than bring it themselves.
I decided to leave. At reception, a lady who said she was the manager said this was fine and that I wouldn't be charged a penalty, Then when it came to checking out, the person I was dealing with said I would be charged 2 nights cancellation fee. I said this was unacceptable and asked to speak to the manager. He put me on the phone to someone who then yelled at me when I mentioned trip advisor. After 15 more minutes of pleading with them I left. Thankfully, on the main road we spent the next 2 nights staying in 2 wonderful hotels where the staff were excellent and the room were immaculately clean. If you ever go to Sanur, do not stay at Puri Ayu. I have never in my years of extensive travelling stayed anywhere worse and many of the hotels I have stayed in have cost less.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jonny929
supbali, Manager at Villa Puri Ayu, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Again a bit of a different story then is written. Client first complain about the Alang Alang roof /ceiling (Balinese Style made of dry straws leaf) and cause was on second floor.
We did change his room as per request and the next morning he was still not happy and decide to move. We are in very high season and fully booked, we have to refuse people to honor our booking and yes we do have penalties if early check out specially when booked by Internet Agent.
When he was told he started to scream and that is when they call me to talk to him.
Suddenly he start to speak about how he was a blogger and he would make very negative review of us if we did not remove the cancellation of the 2 nights (on another 4 nights stay!).
He told about how breakfast was a disgrace! Cleaning was awful!! Bath math (that is on the floor) has stain!!! And so the tends and mosquito net!!! If we are so disgusting what about the other 60 persons staying with us! There should be a riot and everyone move out, not only 1 person. As happen before everyone is entitle to their opinion and he can happen you choose a place you don't like but to threaten us like that doesn't work...
PS. July this year we had huge rain and yes mold in the tropic is normal, that is why our smaller pool was a bit clouded, takes time for chemical to clear it after big rain. The head rest for the massage is cover with a clean towel every new client. Mosquito net and tends we can't change and clean after every check out but they were not as described. Bath Math you put your feet on it how can you think it doesn't have stain!! We do change every day and clean in our in house laundry where we do NOT use bleach and chemicals for healthy and environmental reason. Maybe our linen and towels are not sparkling white but they are clean.. For your information in the last few months we change all the mattress with new super comfortable one and also all the toilets..

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Got a very nice single bedroom villa with a courtyard. Close enough to everything without being right in the middle. Excellent friendly service. Everything maintained and working well. Really good value. The food wasn't great but unless you plan on getting room service there are so many places very close.

Room Tip: I think there are only three or four varying sized room with courtyards but these are great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stacky66
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The reception is poor with ratty couches, the rooms are not too bad for a budget hotel, but they advertise as a luxury 4 star!!! Rubbish, it's a good 2 star or bad 3 star,
The thing that got me was the mould! On most of the pool side furniture, the furniture is new and from a distance looks great, but once you get close enough there is mould on ever white cushion, umbrella and chair, even the babies high chair in the restaurant has mould on it. And god forbid you would put your face on the cushion on the massage table yeakkkk!
The only good things you can say about this place is the breakfast is nice.
Oh! I forgot to mention being eaten alive by bugs at night! Not Mosquitos as sprayed myself before going to bed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple