“Great hotel with excellent staff”

Puri Mesari Hotel & Suites
Ranked #33 of 79 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We corresponded via email with this hotel and found them to be very efficient, the manager gave me his mobile number and was very accommodating when our plans changed and we arrived late one night a few nights before our reservation. This quiet little place is a real gem, looked after by possibly the most efficient staff I have come across in our many trips to Bali. We moved rooms after inspecting another room after our first night and the staff were excellent in organising this. After a slip on the stairs, a real first aid kit was also brought speedily to our room.

The shallow pool is well kept and staff assist with any request, we are looking forward to our next stay here. It is a little south of the main Sanur strip, making it nice and quiet!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Larnes

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Puri Mesari is a beautiful little treasure that everybody should discover.
My boyfriend and I stayed at Puri Mesari for the first 5 days of our trip, and we loved it so much that at the end of our 3 weeks travelling around Bali and surrounding islands we decided to go back to Puri Mesari for our last night as it felt like home!
The staff are fantastic, especially Linda who works on reception. Always ready to help you with a smile. Her knowledge of Bali really added value to our trip.
I would recommend that you stay here for at least part of your trip, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that if you would choose a Novotel over a Chateau, this is not the place for you. This hotel is situated up a little lane and even our taxi driver drove past twice trying to find it. Once inside the entrance you discover the Dr Who Tardis of hotels. The reception overlooks the pool area and rooms, (we took 2 rooms for my wife, two teenagers and myself), staying in the deluxe and superior rooms.

The rooms are fairly basic, without a TV or radio, but what you get instead is a peaceful place with some character. The staff are very friendly, the rooms are clean, but every now and again you notice a broken tile or a mark on the ceiling. Do I think it's an issue, no, not at all because overall I would recommend this place to friends and stay again.

If you want perfection, the. This isn't for you. If you want honesty and a reasonable price and a beautiful setting. This is pretty good.

Walk out if the drive, turn left and then right at the big tree and you are at the beach. 5 minutes exactly. Enjoy

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Vic_Huss
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This little gem is located on a quiet street of Sanur with a lovely 5 minute walk to the beach, the hotel is clean and the rooms are perfect. It's a small hotel & the staff go out of there way to accommodate you with all your needs. From providing us with a driver (who was an amazing wise old Balinese gentleman) to helping my girlfriend with her hair extensions... (Dont ask..) I cannot praise the hotel and staff any more.. It's perfect, it's very reasonably priced (book on Agoda.. Worked out cheaper than the price the hotel quoted direct). Perfect for couples & family's with young children. YOU WON'T BE DISAPOINTED! Say hi to Linda on reception she was amazing!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Jamesnorthall
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We enjoyed our two nights at Puri Mesari & found the location tranquil and conducive to relaxing after the hectic pace of the streets of Sanur. A comfortable but not unreasonable walking distance to local shops and restaurants. We also walked to the local Hardy's store for a massage and some souvenir shopping. The rooms were spacious, with comfortable beds. The staff were friendly and attentive. We ate several meals in the restaurant and found the food of good quality and the servings generous. The pool looked inviting although we did not have time to enjoy it. Overall we enjoyed our stay at Puri Mesari and would recommend it for visitors wanting excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Not all upstairs rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gr00vyguru
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I liked Puri Mesari (PM) it is a no frills accommodation and would happily come back. Great things about the place were: Friendly and helpful staff, Leafy and shady pool, a home stay feel with most of the services of a hotel, an on-call car for drop-offs and pick ups from Sanur, Nice clean rooms, Decent AC,Walking distance to the beach. Things I didn't like about the PM: A bit far from Kuta & Legian, No convenient ATM, accommodation was a bit dated, In house restaurant was a bit limited in what they offered, No in room TV. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms were great. Travellers who cannot comfortably use stairs should consider carefull...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I went to Bali this trip for dental treatment and luckily found I Puri Mesari in Sanur on the east via tripadvisor, as it is only half an hour from the dental clinic in Denpasar. I chose it because it said "family owned boutique hotel". I wanted somewhere quiet and friendly. It's located at the far
end of Sanur, in a leafy suburb and only a 10 minute walk to the beach promenade which I walked early every morning before the delicious breakfast at Puri Mesari. Along the promenade and a 10 minute walk up the street, were plenty of great cafes/warungs for very reasonable prices and I also enjoyed eating-in at the hotel. The best part of staying at Puri Mesari, however, was the staff and owner - they were all so happy, kind, friendly and helpful, I will always hold them fondly in my memories of Bali and am looking forward to my next stay there. Also the hotel is beautiful and well kept with a lovely pool overlooked by the dining area and lots of ponds with fish and walkways to the rooms which are very comfortable with a huge bathroom and bath.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo