All reviews busy road sister hotel annual holiday second home great budget hotel lush gardens air con shuttle bus nasi goreng bali experience walking distance to the beach our night stay beach chairs noodles few minutes walk tea coffee reception staff
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Puri Dalem is located at the side of a busy main street and is 5 minutes away from the beach. Many shops, especially 7-11 like shops are nearby. Next door lies KFC and a bit further down you get a Dunking Doughnut. There are two indoor pools on site which looks lovely. Water can be unheated so beware. The garden in the compound is nice and serene.It's a good base to explore sanur. Taxi fare from airport on 2.12.12 was 130000RP . The in house wifi is great!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I booked here online so I would have a place to stay when I first arrived in Bali. It was slightly higher in price than what I wanted but I am not sure how it compares to other hotels in the area. It was about a 5 minute walk to the beach (great sunrise) and walkable to many shops. Breakfast was included & was a good intro to Indonesian food. The hot water in my shower was hit & miss. The ceiling in my room was a bit crumbly in places & would leave little piles of dust. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The toilet leaked to the point of half an inch of standing liquids in the bathroom. The bathroom smelled awful. The linens had suspicious stains. The folks that worked the front desk were determined to scam us on boat ticket prices from the moment we arrived. My wife and I stayed one night.

Also, the sidewalk leading to the beach is a death trap. I of good health and have walked around some pretty sketchy places, but this was one for the books. The very poorly lit (if it all) sidewalk ran perilously close to crazy traffic. There were concrete slabs over what looks to be an old open sewer. Many of the slabs were half broken and/or missing leaving a gaping hole of 1 foot to 5 feet down. Some of these holes were very hard to see over the piles of rubble and no lighting. Furthermore, the light at the intersection of the major road leading to Sanur beach was completely whacked out. I watched the indicator of when to walk for three cycles, it was exactly opposite of what it should have been. I know this is no fault of the hotel, but it needs to be mentioned.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I quite enjoyed my stay here. The bedroom and bathroom were really nice and clean. The staff were mostly friendly and helpful. It is a nice setting with little bungalows surrounding the two simming pools. The breakfast is quite poor though - not much choice. The location is ok but not great - it's on a busy main road and there are a couple of really busy roads to cross if you want to walk to the beach (it's only a 5-10 min walk to the beach though). I didn't really think much of the beach in Sanur though so I wasn't too bothered that the hotel wasn't on the beach. Overall a nice place to stay if you want a base from which to explore Sanur.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank sarahlouisedd
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were so impressed with Puri Dalem Hotel that we extended our stay by 10 nights!
We originally booked for 9 nights and a further 10 nights elsewhere, but after a few days, we decided to stay the entire time at the Puri Dalem. The staff are so friendly and accommodating and really make you feel at home. The grounds are so beautiful and the rooms are clean and spacious. It has two swimming pools that are very clean (cleaner than some we saw in other resorts). A previous reviewer has commented on the bathrooms being dated, they are, but they are cleaned every day and you spend such a small amount of time in the bathroom, that it does not matter at all.
Although the hotel is not situated on the beach, they provide a free shuttle service, several times a day to their "sister hotel" which is on the beach. You can use the facilities at the sister hotel without charge. We found this to be an amazing benefit as we could take our kids to the beach everyday if we wanted to. It is also within walking distance of the main shopping area.
We will absolutely stay at Puri Dalem again and again and again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family