All reviews busy road sister hotel annual holiday second home great budget hotel lush gardens air con shuttle bus nasi goreng bali experience walking distance to the beach our night stay beach chairs noodles few minutes walk tea coffee reception staff
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I can recommend Puri Dalem Hotel. It is a lovely place to stay, nice and clean rooms, extraordinary friendly and helpful staff, delicious food, also two swimming pools where you can relax. Next time I visit Bali, I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Tina J
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed at the Puri Dalem Hotel for five nights along with two friends. While the grounds are lovely with a well maintained garden, two pools, lovely verandahs and decent sleeping space, the bathrooms were very outdated! Ours in particular had a very bad smell, which we relayed to the reception staff. Despite cleaning over the five days, the smell never disappeared, and in the end we just put up with it. On our first day there was quite heavy rain also, and a small section of the roof in the bedroom leaked. In saying this, the staff were exceptionally prompt when dealing with our concerns, even offering to let us change rooms which we declined.

While breakfast at the hotel was included in our tariff, we chose not to eat it for the most part. As it was a buffet, the pre fried eggs and toast were often cold and hard. Enjoyed the fresh fruit and tea every morning though!

As many have mentioned, the hotel is not located directly on the beach and you do have to cross a very busy intersection. We opted to hire bikes for three of the days, parking them at our room every night, so as to get around the Sanur area everyday. Of course you have to be cautious when riding alongside cars and motorbikes, but we throughly enjoyed being able to ride down and along the beach every day.

Puri Dalem was probably not our favourite place to stay over the course of our month long trip to Bali, however is probably perfect for those on a budget and not expecting five star treatment. Sanur itself is fantastic and worth the visit!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sheds29
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very nice place to be with holiday feelings! Beautiful garden and pools! Very friendly and nice people! It's a good recommendation! Not really close to the sea, but Sanur is a central spot for starting a tours! The Food was allways good!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Wini82
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The hotel was just as we expected. Nice food, nice staff and 2 good pools. The problem is with the location. The road junction outside the hotel; which you must cross to get to the beach, is almost impossible to cross without putting yourself and family in danger. This is of course no fault of the hotel, but has to be seriosly taken into consideration, especially if you have youngsters travelling with you. There are a lot of similar quality residenced at the same price range on the safe side of the road. We certainly would not stay in this location again and will count this as a lesson learned.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheBannys
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I only pay compliments when they're due. And I like it when fellow travellers tell me the truth. So, let me tell you a bit about Puri Dalem Hotel in Sanur, Bali.

I recommend this hotel and its staff easily and highly. I recently stayed there on two occasions in April and in May 2012 and spent a total of just over a week there.

It is a clean, superbly staffed hotel where one feels a bit "at home" rather than just a paying visitor. The facilities are standard for a good hotel in Bali, it has 2 excellently maintained swimming pools, and the food is first rate and at good prices.

For some, its location near a busy intersection may be worrying at first but this applies more to visitors who intend self-driving. This is because the intersection is fairly hair-raising. You will not, however, hear any traffic noise from the hotel, which is very tranquil, has beautiful gardens and built-in sounds of nature - lots of small birds.

I refer to Puri Dalem in my blog: http://cwesting.wordpress.com/

Room Tip: If its available, asl for the cottage next to the main swimming pool. I've stayed there twice and it's brilliant, with its own sitting room and porch.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple