The Pavilions Bali(Sanur)
$281
$223
Sudamala Suites & Villas(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$328
$296
Kejora Suites(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$155
$139
Prama Sanur Beach Bali(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$90
$69
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $80/night.

Puri Santrian(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$189
$140
Agoda.com
Kamuela Villas and Suite Sanur(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$168
$160
$461
$183
Agoda.com
All reviewsbusy roadsister hotelannual holidaysecond homegreat budget hotellush gardensair conshuttle busnasi gorengbali experiencewalking distance to the beachour night staybeach chairsnoodlesfew minutes walktea coffeereception staff
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Crazy biz with the hot water. U get it during d day when it's hot, but no hot water in the evenings. Even after multiple complaints, nothing was done... so we had to use shivering cold water - even my 3-year old son! Punctuality on pick-ups is extremely poor. Otherwise, it's a nice cozy looking hotel if u look at it from outside.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank angie j
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed here again in April this year. This was our 6th stay over 10 years and we were pleasantly surprised to see that all of the 40 or so rooms now have been upgraded in some way, and now offer only Superior or Deluxe Accommodation. In fact we noticed many minor improvements and changes throughout the whole establishment. The Management do listen to your voice and such comments which are posted on sites such as this are valued as feedback upon which if necessary they can act. The Lobby Area was undergoing a major refurbishment which when soon finished will also incorporate a Guest Area including computer access and extra Tourist facilities. What draws us back here each time is a number of things. Once you have escaped from the very busy road at the front, you find yourself in a most peaceful and embracing environment. All of the hustle and bustle is forgotten. The grounds are spacious and the gardens are lovingly cared for. While the Puri Dalem is not a 5 star Resort which you may find at Nusa Dua or Seminyak, it offers so much for the price you pay! Two beautiful swimming pools, a Restaurant with incredible prices and good quality basic food, and the most friendly and accommodating staff you could wish for. I think most of the other guest comments on this site are in essence of similar tone, and if a problem does arise I can assure you the Management take your concerns very seriously and endeavour to correct or compensate for them in other ways, eg by offering a free shuttle bus to the Beach. However this is Bali and we as visitors to this magical island must remember, sometimes our expectations are a little askew. This Hotel may not be for everyone, especially if you want 5 Star luxury, pampering spas on site, or a beach side Resort. If this is the case then go somewhere else, but if you want value for money, serenity, comfortable accommodation, please share in this gorgeous little secret, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Take the free shuttle bus to the beach rather than try to cross the busy Bypass road, especially if you have children. Try the Soto Ayam and Kare Ayam from the Restaurant, delicious! Try a Smoothie for only Rp15000 Take a refreshing midnight dip in the Pool
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TWISH326
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed for a few nights in one of the cottages of the Puri Dalem hotel. My cottage was located at the back of the compound, away from the street, and it was therefore very quiet.

What I liked:
1.) The grounds of the hotel are quite pretty, with 2 swimming pools and an on-site restaurant. I enjoyed sitting outside and relaxing.
2.) The breakfast was decent; on my first day I had breakfast buffet, on my second day I could make my choice from the menu.
3.) The staff were very nice and always smiling.

And here is why I would not return:
1.) I had a cockroach problem in the bathroom. I don't mean 1 or 2 critters, I am talking about 6-7 huge cockroaches invading my bathroom at night. I saw them come out from the bathroom drain. I complained to the hotel staff, they promised to sent somebody to spray (?) but as far as I can tell, nobody came by to address the issue. I had to cover the drains during my second night, and that helped.
2.) The hotel is located across a major road from the beach. The road is lined by decrepit side walks which, based on the smell, must be sewage canals covered by often broken or missing stone plates. I had to walk on the busy street passing the hotel to get to the major road and then cross this road to get to the beach. This is not a problem during the day and for adults but at night or with kids this can be dangerous.

There are other hotels in the area that are closer to the beach and that are priced comparably to the Puri Dalem hotel. I stayed in some of these hotels, such as the Mentari Sanur hotel, and I would rather stay there again than in the Puri Dalem.

Room Tip: The rooms and cottages at the back of the compound are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank BJW1964
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed here for a couple nights in the Summer. All the rooms are little 'cottage' style houses. The grounds and pools of this place are the best part. Rooms are spacious and well laid out. The main room/beds themselves are also actually quite decent at this price range. Location is approx 5 minute walk to the beach (as people have said, have to cross main busy road to get there).

The one big thing that makes this property (IMO) only "average" rather than "very good" is that the bathroom area is quite outdated and dirty around the edges. Toilet was really old style. Floors/edges of were dirty. Sink/mirror area was super simple and saw a couple ants during my stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a room near the front of the property (ie. closer to restaurant/first pool).
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ryan T
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This place is good as you are permitted to use the facilities ( ie pool and beach deck chairs) at the 'sister' property Besahkih Beach hotel and they have a free shuttle to take you there.
There are two pools at Puri Salem, and a shop across the road. the only. bad thing is crossing the major road if you are walking to the beach. On the whole though..pretty good.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends