Just returned back from my two weeks honeymoon in Bali. I was a bit sceptical about this hotel after I read few negative reviews on this site before I decided to stay in Sanur Beach hotel. Well, I gotta say that after few days being there I was convinced that I made the best choice I could possibly make for us in terms of choosing the hotel. We walked in to some hotels around us as well as Hyatt, and did not find anything that would beat our hotel.
1. The pool. I am a water person, I like diving, swimming etc. The pool is amazing, I think it is the biggest hotel pool in Sanur. It is 50m long. The pool is well looked after and every morning it gets cleaned by staff. You get warm beach towels by the pool and can change them for dry ones at any time. There is plenty of sunbeds by the pool as well as on the beach, so we never had problems getting a couple for us with a small table under umbrella, in spite of all the reviews that stated otherwise. I think once a week, they have a free scuba diving sessions in the pool. My wife tried it first time and absolutely loved it. The water in the pool is warm, but comfortable. Couple of splashing fountains at both ends. In fact, they have two pools, a “smaller” one, which we never went to, but for those with kids must be a safer option, it is still a descent size.
2. The beach. After Sydney beaches, I wasn't too impressed of the Sanur beach, and never went for a swim there. Especially after I saw all the scary creatures swimming there during low tide. I saw some locals swimming in the waters during high tide, but I wouldn't recommend this beach for swimming. Any water activities, such as jetski and parasailing is ok, especially for the price they offer on the beach. For two of us, we were able to negotiate 30 min jetski for 350K rupiah, but this is as cheap as we could get with our negotiation skills. There are some ladies offering massage services when you go to the beach, but their prices are twice higher, so beware
3. Buffet Breakfast. (6:00-10:00)The choice is ok, eggs are cooked in front of you according to your preference. Few cats are running around begging for a sausage from your plate. Coffee and tea is served by staff. We had breakfast included in our package.
4. Free Internet. It is only available in lobby. We stayed in a far end block of units so we had to walk down to lobby every time we wanted to use it. Maybe it is a plus, otherwise we would spend more time on the internet than we should have. Nevertheless, the quality of connection was bad, even though i managed to use video skype couple of times, but that's about it, all other times, even the browsing was impossible.
5. Free shuttle to Hardy's market and back. That's a real bonus. We used it almost every day for getting out of the hotel for grocery, massage, shopping and dining. Runs every hour and takes less than 10 minutes to get there. Never had troubles with it. The driver may stop on the way and drop you off if you want to.
6. Rooms. Rooms are clean even though the furniture has some wear signs. We stayed in room 807 which is deluxe room with a sea view from the top 4th floor. We did not see much sea from our window because of the palms, but it didn’t disappoint us. The view through the palms was incredible anyway. We discovered that our room did not have a bathtub. We also found a small gecko in the shower which ran away once the water hit the floor and never appeared again. Ten days later we found another gecko on our bed which wasn’t a pleasant discovery for us, it came off the small holes in the wall used for the phone cables. It was scared and ran away back to the hole, never came back again. The bed was big, but not comfortable at all. Something was biting us all nights. I saw some flees in the bed and the bathroom, but not sure if those bites we got are from mosquitos or flees. The balcony is great, very spacious. Some people leaving comments here complained about aircon, well, we never had any problems with it, and we kept it running 24/7 on the coldest possible mode. Our room had an LCD TV with a choice of 70 channels, so at times when we stayed in the room, we were not left bored.
7. Location. We found the location of the hotel to be optimal for us, as it was very close to all the shops, great choice of cafes, pubs and other services like laundry, transport, massage etc…
8. Surroundings. The hotel has a good choice of cafes, but we found them overpriced. We dined once on the first day, but then we chose to have lunch and dine in the cafes nearby. Everything is twice cheaper once you get out of the hotel territory. Speaking about the territory, it is bigger that we expected, the garden is amazing, very looked after. You can spot some animals around the hotel, such as lizards, frogs, plenty of geckos on the walls, flying chipmunks running on the balconies and palms, cats at the restaurant, dogs at the beach, and I swear I saw a bunny in the garden!
9. Service. The hotel knew that we are on our honeymoon from the comments I left while booking and we discovered a beautiful card on the desk greeting us with our honeymoon. Small but a pleasant surprise. Welcome drinks on arrival, a small fruit basket, air-conditioned service shuttle from the airport, checkin, everything went smooth as promised. We were charged for first 7 nights on the spot, which was ok with us. The only down side is that we were charged in rupiah which incurred extra surcharges on my Australian credit card. Room service is twice a day in the morning and the evening. The staff is very helpful and polite. We had to call a guy to unlock our safe unit, the other time to fix the lights in the bathroom and bring us some utensils to the room. Everything was done very quickly and with no charge to us. Once when we returned from the pool, the door was left open after room service and I informed the staff. In few minutes I had the housekeeper nocking my door and apologizing. He looked scared, and probably risked his employment, so I just blamed the bad lock on the door to avoid causing him troubles. Nothing was lost, so I could forget that.
10. Guests. In general, the public is acceptable. Even though the hotel is big, it was very quiet. No one bothered us and guests seem to mind their own business. Some kids in the pool and drunk teenagers would make unnecessary noises, but again, it is not the hotel’s fault and it only happened twice in two weeks time.
The hotel is being renovated at the moment, which does not cause any discomfort to the guests.
In overall, I think that Sanur beach hotel has everything to offer that we could possibly want and it felt like we were in paradise. However after two weeks leaving in paradise, we started missing home, so it was a good time to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 5 star Hotel, with two large pools located right by the beach. Magnificent lush gardens and Hotel grounds with ample choice of restaurants & shops in Resort as well as just a stroll away.Suitable for the entire family from kids to grandpa... Just 20 minutes from the International airport. There is so much activity and things to do in lovely Sanur, the preferred address in Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Prama Sanur Beach Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Hotel Sanur
- Beach Sanur
- Prama Sanur Beach Bali