“For a beach holiday it is good, for the rest a little bit remote”

Prama Sanur Beach Bali
Ranked #23 of 78 Hotels in Sanur
Rotterdam
“For a beach holiday it is good, for the rest a little bit remote”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

In sept 2010 we stayed a week at the Sanur Beach Hotel and we stayed in a room with sea view (tru the trees we just saw a little bit of the sea). The room was OK, although it might need some renovation, but was at quite a distance from the lobby. If you wanted to walk to the street it took quite a while to get there. The room did not have internet (only available in the lobby and I guess some rooms in the vicinity). The biggest surprise was that the room did not have a bath (only a shower). Beforehand I did not check that because I assumed that a 4(+) star hotel always has a bathtub.

The service and people were OK. That is as long as you did not have a problem. Well I had a problem (with my creditcard). But they blamed it all on me. After I talked to several clerks and managers (and the bank back home) I got finally a manager that looked a little bit further into the problem (and did not automatically assume that the problem is not necessarily caused by the client) and found out that the problem was really caused by the equipment of the hotel and he had it corrected.

I made the reservation through the internet site of the hotel. The prices were listed in US dollars. When I checked out I found that this dollar price is first converted to rupiah. Because I paid with a creditcard this was again converted to my home country currency. This means two time conversion. Somebody is making extra money on this conversion and I do not understand why this ‘international’ hotel does it this way.

Also on the internet site the room price included breakfast (no option to book just the room). When i checked out i found that the breakfast was listed separately (126.000rupia). I wonder if you could have booked a room excluding this breakfast (which we skipped a couple times).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Butchi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
lincoln
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Great food best pool ever plenty of shop close by to buy gifts or tours if you fancy traveling around island the worst thing about Bali is theprice to get in and out the country total rip off.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Sanur Beach in October 2010. We also took advantage of their "all inclusive package" which included all drinks (incl. alcohol) from 11am - 11pm as well as all food in a number of their restaurants. It was fantastic!!! We ate and drunk as much as we could and really got our money worth. All the restaurants were fantasic.

The rooms were clean and a lot of them were in the process of being renovated, however, ours was an older room and was still quite modern. The beds were amazing!

The pool area is great, loads of sunbeds! The day spa was very clean and well priced.

The location on the beach is great. However, if you are wanting to take trips into Kuta quite frequently then expect a long trip. The traffic between Sanur and Kuta these days is terrible and it was taking us at least half an hour one way.

Staff were very accommodating and helpful.

Would highly recommend this hotel. Especially if you were travelling with children. I think the all inclusive is US$25.00 per child and that includes all their drinks, food, icecreams etc.

Will be returning for sure!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed October 23, 2010

the hotel complex offers cottages and rooms in two larger buildings. we where in a bungalow. good size room and bathroom, clean. at the time there was a construction site - so the entrance garden area didn't look it's best. the hotel is ok, but there are nicer ones in the more interesting part of sanur along the cleaner beach. the pool is ok, for breakfast they offer a choice of three meals. the view from the breakfast table across the sandy beach and over the ocean was pretty.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed for four nights at this hotel and found it excellent. It was very quiet and despite being a very large hotel and quite full I think when we were there, we didn't feel crowded at all. The swimming pools were both really lovely and refreshing with outlooks over the beach. The breakfast each morning could be had in a choice of two different restaurants and were really nice. I believe the bathrooms in the superior rooms have been renovated and we were in a garden view room which we loved but the bathroom needed to be updated, my only complaint .The staff were very polite and helpful and our room was serviced each day while we were at breakfast (which was wonderful). We particularly liked the fact that you could walk out of the hotel and only minutes from the centre of Sanur yet we felt we were in a little oasis, as the grounds of the hotel are large and beautifully manicured gardens to walk around. So it had all the charm of a peaceful quiet hotel but was actually large and seemingly well run. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Stayed at Sanur beach hotel for 3 weeks and we had a great time! Hotel is very populair amongst european (mostly dutch,german,french) tourists. Most of the staff are friendly and not faking a smile. With so many great restaurants in the area around the hotel I feel a little sad for the people only eating at the hotel restaurants. Also, the price at the hotel restaurants is much higher then eating down the road. The pools and the area around them are very nice and very well maintained. The beach was a little bit disappointed.

The breakfast served from 7 till 10 is fresh and plenty to choose from. If its gets to crowded the people working there lose control on the tables easy not seeing you or not bringing coffee or thee to the table anymore.

The deluxe room that we booked was big enough, had airco, minibar and a nice balcony but needs a upgrade. It looked a little worn out. I realy dont see why they upgrade the "basic" rooms first and then the deluxe rooms. Free Wi-Fi i-net in the hotel lobby is a big plus! as well the free shuttle to Hardy's plaza. Placing a ATM machine in the lobby would be a good thing!

The hotel should do something about (mostly arrogant dutch) people getting up at 4 in the morning and placing a towel on a beach seet. I realy dont get the fact why they travel 16+ hours to sit in the same sun as they would in europe and see nothing of beautiful Bali. I enjoyed staying at Sanur beach hotel but I wont come back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
DERBYSHIRE
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Lovely clean hotel, friendly staff, great food. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple