2,939 results
All reviews bamboo bar tirta restaurant aroma spa kids pool garden view club room swim up bar big hotel plenty of sunbeds buffet breakfast free shuttle egg station kids club relaxing holiday superior room hotel grounds large pool
Reviewed September 20, 2014

Best resort in sanur as far as we're concerned. I love everything about the prama sanur... Definitely coming back for our 4th visit here. All the staff are so lovely and friendly... Beautiful pools and also right on the beach. Breakfast is fantastic with a huge selection,Heaps of restaurants in walking distance.

3  Thank donna s
Reviewed September 20, 2014

After reading all the reviews we booked only to be very disappointed.
After checking in we sat and waited for our room to be ready on advice of reception staff who said they would call us but were certainly not interested. They proceeded to forget we were there finally we approached and yes it had been ready no one advised us. On entering our hot, aircon not working, very basic room, old and tired we used the toilet of which the button got stuck twice in one day and ran for ages till fixed. Went for a swim they ran out of towels, staff were terrible in restaurant and towel area. Ordered food it was cold and tasteless. Light was on all night in room as switch was broken so we took out the globe. Breakfast very ordinary. WE CHECKED OUT ASAP. Went up the road and had a wonderful stay - OVER RATED
ONE GOOD THING THE POOL WAS BIG

Room Tip: pay more get a better room where air con works.
7  Thank M9289DAkevinh
Reviewed September 19, 2014

Good looking property, well maintained gardens. Very friendly and helpfull staff, from the security at the entrance to restaurant staff. Lada restaurant great food and presentation. Bamboo bar, great cocktails, and location. Some more activity there would be appreciated, like live music/dancing. Swimmingpool excellent. Our room with ocean view was indeed a bit tired looking, but had everything we needed. Buffet breakfast in 2 words, WAUW & AMAZING. I don't understand that people could possibly complain about the food. Just choose something else. All staff are very hard working, don't forget the tips people! Like the guy at night that does the turndown service, and gives you new towels.

1  Thank beste107
Reviewed September 17, 2014

Perfect Service and great Team. We enjoyed every Moment and we will come back soon.
the Hotel with garden and brach is beautiful and the food is delicious. It was our second time in Sanur Beach Hotel and we will book our next and overnext and... Also there.

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank ThorstenPanni
Reviewed September 16, 2014 via mobile

I am very disappointed by this hotel and regret not doing some more research before booking. Do yourself a favour and take a good look at the photos. Scroll past the lovely pictures of the gardens, beach and pool and you'll see the photos of the poor condition of the rooms in particular the bathrooms.

On arrival outside I was not greeted by anyone and a security guard helped me carry my bags inside. The reception staff were unfriendly and stated that I had to complete a form and pay first. After paying I turned to my bags but was approached by a porter who said I had to have a welcome drink first. They apparently don't understand the point of a welcome drink. It's something you receive here once you've paid.

I was shown to my room which was at the end of a corridor. There was a loud noise coming from just next to my room. It was the sound of construction and it soon became apparent that they were busy renovating. Already annoyed I left my bags and headed to the shops. The hotel is located a good distance from the main shopping and restaurant area of Sanur. I returned around 18:30 and the construction was still going on. I went to the front desk to complain. The person on duty gave me a blank look, asked my room number, looked at the screen and called a porter and gave him a new key card. He went with me to collect my bags and move me to a new room in another wing far away from the noise. I gathered that they were use to guests complaining and having to change rooms. The porter was a friendly guy though and made some suggestions for my stay which I appreciated and payed him a tip.

This hotel does have beautiful gardens but that can be said of all of Bali as it's green and lush with vegetation. The hotel is old and it shows. There are cracks and scratches everywhere, the rooms are outdated and the bathrooms are tiny and horrific. Definitely not a 4 star hotel. Maybe when it was first built more than 20 years ago. No wonder that it is currently being renovated. It is seriously over priced for what you are getting. I previously stayed at a 3 star hotel in Ibud for half this price plus they included breakfast and it was much better.

The staff are also not as friendly as the previous 4 places I had stayed in Indonesia. They seem to be too busy and the service is slow. I waited a long time for a drink at the bamboo bar. My first drink came with a coaster but the next few without. I had to also ask for some savory snacks with my drink. You could see the manager watching the staff closely and doing his rounds flashing a smile here and there with the customers. They looked like they're understaffed. One barman was so frantic he broke a couple of glasses. Not all the staff seemed to speak English either as some of them didn't seem to understand when you spoke to them.

My advise. Book somewhere else closer to central Sanur. Perhaps once the hotel is done renovating it might be worth a look but until then stay away and avoid disappointment.

Stayed: September 2014, traveled solo