“They got the big things right” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prama Sanur Beach Bali

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Prama Sanur Beach Bali
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Sydney, Australia
“They got the big things right”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Before I started looking for accommodation, I made a list of what was important to me. In order, I wanted the following. I've given a rating out of five for how well my expectations were met.
1 Hotel on the beach (5/5)
2. Wifi included (4/5)
3 Breakfast included (3/5)
4 Good room (3/5)

Overall - it was fine. The location was awesome - right on the beach. The wifi was adequate - it's not fast enough to watch youtube or download a movie from itunes, but it's fine for browsing the internet and checking email and Facebook. The breakfast is average - some of it is good, some of it not so good. The milk for the cereal seems to be powdered! But it's definitely eatable and you should fine something you like.
The rooms are about a three star quality. It wasn't top of my list of priorities because I don't tend to spend a lot of time in my room on holiday - so it was fine. The attention to detail was a bit lacking - they only restocked my teabags with one tea bag rather than two (yes - I'm pedantic!)
You'll notice that the one star reviews for this hotel are mostly complaining about the rooms. I agree that if you want a nice room than don't pick this hotel. But if you want to get out and swim and browse the news on your ipad by the pool - then this hotel is really good.
The clientele seem to be mainly older Europeans and couples. It's a nice quiet atmosphere - far from the partying of Kuta.
Overall, I'd recommend this hotel and I would go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank kiwiinchengdu293913

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed a night at this resort for a friend wedding.
Far away from Kuta, if u like quiet and secluded resort this is it.
Having said that the buffet breafast were def the biggest I've seen, many variety and real bacon!
Big big resort many pools and activities area. Everything's 5 stars hence the price tag.
All and all nice n quiet but I don't think I can stay longer than a couple of nights as I enjoyed the hussle and bussle of Kuta.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank C00ki
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

1. hotel nya tua tapi bagus,
2. staf nya ramah-ramah,feels like home
3. kolam renang nya bagus...
4. have a great view
5. Great Beach, i love the beach

pengen lg k sana

Two thumbs up for Sanur Beach Hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Merry_Nita
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was my third stay in Bali after being recommended Sanur beach hotel by a friend we weren't disappointed. There's a lovely breaky buffet and a great pool near the ocean. I think I enjoyed the staff the most considering they were all kind and helpful. The room was neat and clean and perfect for a long stay if your after a quiet and chilled environment I'll be glad to stay there again and go back and visit the friends (employees) I've made :)

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank AbbeyRW
Beaufort, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been to Bali four times and have stayed in many different places, I was extremely satisified when I arrived at this beautiful but peaceful location. Theres gorgeous surroundings great large buffet breaky, large pool near the beach, very helpful staff. I will def stay there again, can reccomend there service anddnd food everything was spot on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherry J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was our second trip to the Sanur Beach Hotel. We have traveled to Bali on several occasions and have found this hotel and area to be the best. We are very thankful to Francis, the GM for looking after all of our needs. The staff couldn't have been more courteous, friendly, and helpful. The margaritas at the beach bar rock and the breakfast buffet is outstanding. Unlike most buffets that end at 10, their buffet is open until 11:00, allowing our family to sleep in and still make breakfast. The beach beds and umbrellas are brand new. My husband and I cannot say enough about this hotel. We will definitely return. Request the deluxe beach view rooms; they are worth the extra money. If you really want to live it up, book the one bedroom private pool villa. It comes with its own butler, who catered to our every need with a smile.
Christie G
Singapore

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GuggisbergFamily
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My family and friends have been going to this hotel annually for the last 5 years or so. This hotel is comfortable and good for my family and friends as the pool and rooms accommodate my boys and my needs (big pool and clean rooms).
This January's visit was another great visit, the staff and management listened to our feedback on issues that we felt needed their urgent attention. The WIFI has been improved but is still lagging considerably but a big improvement to the visit before. The replaced fridges (now coolers) are a disaster but YULI from their marketing resolved it as soon as we bought it to her attention by placing a separate fridge for us the same day we told them (my son has medication that needs refrigerating and the cooler was inadequate for keeping the temperature acceptable for the medication).
I really think that the pool (tiles and waterfall feature) needs some TLC as there is quite afew tiles that are chipped etc and there needs to be some industrial mould removal cleaning of the pool..
All in all I would come back to this hotel as I am comfortable that they really do have the features I need, hopefully with some improvements (such as the ones I have listed) this hotel will still feature as a place to visit regularly.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are great and make sure you have the buffet breakfast.