“A Great Quality Rest”

Prama Sanur Beach Bali
Ranked #25 of 82 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We spent 4 days at the Sanur after travelling through Sumatra, Java and Bali. The hotel had everything we needed to both relax and enjoy the comfort of a good hotel. The staff were very friendly and obliging and the speed of response e.g. 5 minutes for a safety box malfunction, was impressive.

We found the Bascilico Italian restaurant our favourite as the food was some of the best we have had. The other restaurants looked a similar quality and we experienced this at breakfast.

The pool and its surrounding were a joy to relax around and the pool service first class both from speed (again), friendliness (again) and food quality (again).

The room was perfectly sufficient in space and balcony setting and always cleaned to a high standard.

Whilst we took day trips out, organised by the in-house tour company we knew that we could eat out for slightly cheaper but sitting in a restaurant with a view across the beach with excellent food and service is worth the few extra rupiah.

Room Tip: try the 200's overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,710)

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed with my girlfriend at this hotel and it was amazing. It's really worth to spend every penny just to see how fabulous and wonderful the services and facilities that the staffs provide to us. I like the massive pool, the clear air, warm atmosphere from both staffs and another guests, it's beyond your imagination. I often stay at the hotel during my trip with my friend but this hotel really makes me feel like home. They greet us in the morning, asking how's our stay here, make sure we feel happy and all our needing are fulfilled. The hotel even provides a shuttle to greatest in the area and it was an amazing trip along the way due to the wide array of restaurants and shops.

The beach is another fabulous thing. Just short stroll away from my room and I can see the white sand with sunrise panoramic view in the morning. It was amazing. Me and my girlfriend have share romantic times in this hotel. Watching sunrise on the beach in the morning, lazing away at the pool bar during the day (the bartender is really nice guy and the cocktails is really good), the beach is private so it's like our own personal sanctuary without being interrupted by public.

They built this beachfront hotel and combined luxury, sophistication, culture, and beauty with an impeccable and flawless services from the staffs during our stay. We would be definitely stay here in the future.

Room Tip: I stay at Deluxe Sea Facing room and the sea view is all you can expect from a beachfront hotel.
1  Thank edwardlaxey
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Our first trip to Bali we'll never forget. The Gods were smiling on us when we chose Sanur Beach Hotel. We took our children aged 11, 8 & 6 and we had an unforgettable family holiday. Our adjoining deluxe garden view rooms were lovely, the staff throughout the hotel all so friendly, the pool and grounds immaculate. The children filled up each day with the most amazing breakfast with a view, one morning we even met the general manager. We are saving our pennies to go again and wouldn't think about staying anywhere other than the Sanur Beach Hotel :)

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TMPorter
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I suspect there are more beautiful beaches in Bali than Sanur and more opulent hotels but this hotel just has the most lovely feel to it. The pools are amazing with views of the sea, the staff are lovely, the breakfasts are exquisite (the best we've ever had in years of travel). The rooms and especially the bed have provided us with the best nights of relaxing sleep. The lack of pushy 'animation staff' or sales people selling massage or unwanted goods while you are trying to unwind is a dream. We are day four and have never felt so totally and overwhelmingly relaxed. No noise around the pool just the dreamy sounds of running water and bird song with a faint sound of gentle Balinese pipe music drifting on the breeze. We travelled to Kuta and thank goodness we didn't stay there, the hustle and bustle, noise and sheer volume of people would not have been the Indonesian dream we were hoping for. I would just add that the Sanur hotel section of Bali is not as cheap as we have been led to believe but this is a real tourist zone and not hugely surprising. You are a little 'away from it all' at this place but if like us, that's what you came across the globe for then I'm sure you will love it. The hotel is spotlessly clean, staff polite unobtrusive and the atmosphere is quiet understated and relaxing. I have scored a four because its not as luxurious as some places but we didn't pay a huge amount of money, so we got what we expected with a little bit more.

Room Tip: Poolside upper floor near larger pool seems a good location.
3  Thank carrotcrunchers46
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My second visit to this magical island of Bali
Unfortunately it seemed to take forever to get here
We flew Qatar airways and I can see why they are rated the world’s best airline
They are certainly better than Virgin and Emirates but I still prefer Singapore airlines for their use of the A380 and the beauty of their stewardess’s
Flying from Heathrow, we had a stopover in in Doha in the glass cased terminal then flew to Denpasar via Singapore where we were obliged to alight for an hour and a half.
If I had realised this was to be the case I would have arranged a couple of days stay in Singapore, Asia’s’ most accommodating city.
In Bali Kuoni had arranged transport from airport to hotel which is needed after nearly 24 hours in the air and helped defeat the Confusion of Denpasar airport. I have driven in many different countries but even though they drive on the left I wouldn’t care to drive in Bali. There is too much death defying overtaking and an unbelievable number of small motorbikes which get everywhere.

The Hotel, I really loved. I had arranged via the internet an upgrade from a Superior (standard) room to a de-lux room as my wife always demands a bath tub in the room. The cost was about 12 quid a day extra. However on arrival I discovered we had been given a Junior suit with a fantastic sea view.
This was a double up grade with a sea view to boot! Two TVs a mini Bar bathtub and shower and decent size balcony on the 4th floor (room 809 – recommended).
Generally the hotel is getting a little bit tired it was always kept sparklingly clean and we were well serviced by the room cleaning staff. I never saw anything untoward other than the typical Asian electrical connections and wiring that always give me cause for concern.
We were staying on a Bed and breakfast basis and the breakfasts were excellent although the restaurant did get overcrowded on occasions. We also used the restaurants in the evenings and the meals were good especially the Pizzas and the fillet steak in the Italian restaurant. Mostly we ate out as it is only a short walk to a whole range of different style eating establishments. Apart from one occasion when we ate in the middle of Sanur, near Hardys,we were never disappointed with the food quality or quantity.
Beer in the Hotel was the Bali famous ‘Bintang’ and the price was nearly double that could be found elsewhere. We walked along the Beach path for about 5 minutes to ‘Tities’ beach bar where we got Ice cold Bintang for ½ the price. How can you not go to a bar called Tities?

Overall I would heartily recommend a Bali holiday. There are few places that I can afford to go to that can better it.

Room Tip: It is a long Journey - have a stop over on the way there
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ME&ERR
Reviewed November 2, 2012

4 adults stayed at Sanur Beach Hotel for 7 days. Hotel was large, clean, and wonderful. The morning breakfast was fantastic. The beach was ok..white sand, but swimming was somewhat limited. No waves and sea urchins. The two pools were wonderful, clean and very large. All staff were friendly and helpful. Great location for catching day tours, snorkling, diving, etc. This property is 4 stars, and delivered on its advertising.

Room Tip: I had the garden view..pretty but could not see pool or ocean. Select one with a better view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hi, I'm coming for many years to Sanur. Sanur Beach Hotel is THE place to be when
you are in town, meaning Sanur.
Once we were at Christmas time and it was wonderfull!
They have a amazing breakfast buffet and you can choose in the evening from several restaurants in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple