“Nice breakfast but that's about it.”

Prama Sanur Beach Bali
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
“Nice breakfast but that's about it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I've just come back from a 2 week all inclusive stay at the Sanur Beach Hotel and how it was described in the brochure isn't really what I experienced. Firstly it's listed as a 5 star hotel but I think 4 star is more appropriate. Reception and Management were rude and unhelpful which is a shame as all the other staff were great. Even though we paid for all inclusive this didn't allow us to eat in one of the three restaurants unless they had an all inclusive buffet or order drinks from the waiters around the pool or choose from the variety of ice creams on display for non all inclusive guests. The food was cold and after I complained they made sure the food was at least warm. The restaurants all served the same dishes which made the food boring and repetitive. The gym had no air con or cold water and most of the equipment didn't work. On the plus side the pools were really good and the hotel was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was the best meal of the day with the amount of variety of food available. All in all we had a good time in spite of the hotel but we wouldn't be recommending it to our friends.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank KimHL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Have been to Bali several times and usually stayed in Kuta. Will never again after experiencing Sanur. Our hotel was wonderfull, although a little titivating in the rooms would be good. The staff were great and very helpfull, made us feel special. Shuttle ran every 15 to 20 minutes to centre of Sanuar and back again to hotel. Also got free shuttle into Kuta for day of shopping. Found the 2 pools were more than adequate for size of hotel. Had heard in other reviews that people save seats at pool & beach areas, well yes this was soooo true. We had no choice but to do this ourselves. For the first time I never got hawkers annoying us on the beach, a huge plus for me. Just outside the hotel was more than enough eating places and 90% of them had music at night, def spoilt for choices. Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: We had a bottom floor room overlooking the sea and the pool. Would choose this again.
3 Thank Barbara C
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at deluxe sea facing for 5 days for celebrating my boyfriend's birthday and there's nothing can describe it unless FABULOUS. The staff was really wonderful and we really love the white sandy beach. The main pool is huge and I really love the garden with romantic pond on site. Whether just to laze on the beach, enjoying exotic folk music at bamboo bar, and the restaurant is amazing as well. The breakfast is just so perfect with the staff greeted us politely. I have a wide array of choice of buffet breakfast, the food was served perfectly, the taste, the smell, the nuance of the restaurant, the friendly staff, these are all you can expect from a real Bali holiday.

No hotels I stay that makes me feel like home, the friendly staff just know what I want even when I haven't think about it. The best thing from this hotel is the luxury and full service they give beyond your expectation.

We should give our biggest thanks to Jonny, one of hotel's staff who we found so friendly to everybody. He greet us every morning, and make sure we enjoy our stay. On Max's birthday, he even help me arrange a surprise party with a great flower arrangement and it was amazing. My boyfriend loved it so much, it's soo romantic..

5 days is not enough to be spent on this hotel, we can even laze all day without even boring. We will definitely come back to this place..

1 Thank Purpl3
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

My kids, (10 and 14) only ever want to come back to this Hotel.
They walk in, check in and are gone; to the pool, to the chess board, playing ping pong, swimming, to the beach, to the restaurant or just to chill in the room with the new free wifi.
The customer service is great, the rooms are clean and spacious. Housekeeping attend to anything that may be required with a smile and in Bali time an amazing turn around time.
The Hotel is not too big and not too small and has everything you could want.Beach bar, swim up bar, restaurants and room service 24 7
If you are looking for huslte and bustle then this may not be the place for you, but you can always go to Kuta, Seminyak, Legian etc and come back to quiet paradise.
Restaurants and shops just near the Hotel are not as 'persuasive' as those in Kuta. Restuarants are great and each time I go I not eteh improvement in teh standar and for this the diminishing of the true Bali markets. Mega who runs a composite shop next to the Trophy is amazing and I loved her humour and ways, her laundry prices are also great!!
If you can, grab a Bemo ride on the street outside the Hotel and induldge in one of the fast diminishing true Bali experiences. I got one to take me and the kids to Kuta, a hoot and all for 50000!
And yes the kids want to go back again next year! A reccomendation indeed.

Room Tip: Request a high room facing the garden or the beach.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kn2travel
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

When we first arrived we were so tired after check in went to our room.
And could see what other people had said about decor at this hotel.
Yes decor is dated yes it could do with a paint job.and yes they are renovating the rooms
But it is a fantastic hotel and fantastic people who put up with a lot from us tourists .
The buffet style breakfeast is good and caters for all nations.the hotel grounds are kept very well
And we felt very relaxed here and would return.
Well done to all the staff and management you deserve a medel for what you put up with.

Room Tip: Room 124 is secluded and it is near everything we thought it might be noisy. But it wasn't and...
2 Thank shaz381
Comox, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Needs more Aussies and or Brits and North Americans to counteract the exceptionally rude European guests. However the staff was great and fun especially when you speak some Balinese. Breakfast was absolutely, don't be afraid to eat offsite. You can eat outside for as little as $ 3 at the warung or of course more but generally well below the $ 20 on hotel site. Go to Bobby's on the beach path for more reasonable bar prices.
They did make me a cake for my birthday very nice.
Guests are mostly older, a few too many groups and lots of business functions. I would pick a smaller place if I went again to Bali

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed with my husband in September 2012 and wasn't too impressed with the service and rooms.

At check in, I was ignored and three guests who arrived after me were all served before me. I had even said something and was still ignored. Maybe if your 60+ you get better service?

The room was very tiny and although we were on a budget and booked a cheaper room, I was still surprised.

I liked the big swimming pool, beach side location and thought the breakfast was lovely.

Reflecting on our stay, I don't think this hotel was the style of accommodation I enjoy in Bali. I prefer the smaller places and villas etc. If you like big hotels, this would be a good place for you.

There aren't as many bogan Aussies in Sanur which is nice too!

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, pay a bit more to get a bigger room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple