Besakih Beach Hotel
Segara Village Hotel(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$133
$84
Agoda.com
Prime Plaza Suites(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$54
$49
Agoda.com
Prime Plaza Hotel Sanur - Bali(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$58
$52
Sri Phala Resort & Villa(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$41
$38
$24
$17
Griya Santrian(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$138
$89
Prama Sanur Beach Bali(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$107
$182
$170
Peneeda View Beach Hotel(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$47
  • Pool
Mercure Resort Sanur(Sanur)(Great Value!)
$79
All reviewsstandard roomlocation locationa bit tiredpool barlocation is fantasticclose to shopsgardens are lovelypools are greatnoodlesmona lisathe main roadmain poolmoney changersgriya santrianbungalowbalikuta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights after coming from legian biggest mistake! We were given what can only be described as a Granny Flat with two single beds. We had previously requested a double bed. They had none available so made us pay $25 a night to be what they called “UPGRADED”. Turns out this room was worse than the first.
The room we got stuck with was dark, smelled of mold,had mozzies and the curtains were terrible and we couldn't sleep past sunrise any morning as the sun came in.

I really see why they call Sanur the “Snore” of Bali. If you are under 40-50 years old I would not recommend staying here. I regret not listening to by fellow trip advisors warning me about this hotel.

The swimming pools as well as the entire resort are in the shade the whole day. Pool is very small compared to many resorts. It was also way to warm, not refreshing and felt like we were in a slime bucket.
The few Pool chairs get taken by all the oldies very early in the morning.
At breakfast each morning we weren’t even supplied a menu of options. The food from the resort was ordinary much better food options on the street.
Dogs annoying, many times I had dogs trying to jump up to my food in the restaurant and the staff not once made any effort to get rid of them.

We were annoyed daily with people coming up to the pool on the footpath offering massages and water sports. Most resorts forbid this but when we mentioned it to Besakih staff they did nothing!

Staff continued to walk into our room even with the do not disturb sign on door.

Hawkers everywhere in sanur and unlike kuta/legian they do not take no for an answer. They followed my boyfriend and I everywhere, waited for us to finish lunch and continued following us , trying to get us into their shops. Wasn't the relaxing hassle free place it's made out to be.

The atmosphere was so bad when we stayed that we spent most of the time in our dirty room.
Ended up having such a bad time we left 2 days early and returned back to legian.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank allie s
Reviewed October 25, 2012

stayed at Besakih 10-15 October, our room bought and paid for via Qantas Holidays. We had the choice of booking a standard room, or a superior bungalow and chose the higher priced bungalow. Price difference was around $80 for the 5 nights. A week before arrival, I e-mailed the hotel to confirm our booking/arrival time and requested an upstairs bungalow room if one was available.

On arrival, check in was quick and we were shown to an upstairs room in a stand alone building which also had a downstairs room. The room was old, but had recently been painted and was reasonably clean. The bed was quite soft and a bit saggy, but OK. The main light in the room did not work. Upon request, we were given a spare pillow each and beach towels were brought to our room. Someone arrived very quickly to fix the broken light. Staff were helpful and pleasant.

Breakfasts were OK, with a small buffet and cooked to order eggs/bacon etc.

Wifi was free and available in both restaurant and lobby.

The day before we were due to leave, we decided to return to the Besakih on our next trip, perhaps staying in a standard room, so went to reception to ask if we could look at a standard room, to help us decide about our next stay. We were most surprised to be told that we had been "downgraded" and were actually staying in a standard room as no upstairs superior bungalow was available for us. We had not been told this upon check in nor had we been given a choice of taking a downstairs room of the standard we had paid for.

I have notified Qantas Holidays of this and am awaiting a reply.

Otherwise, we did enjoy our time at the Besakih and will still consider returning nest trip......but will only pay for a standard room!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cbimages
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was our first time to Bali and to the Basakih. Our room was nice and clean and we had fresh linen and towels everyday. This hotel is well placed with a beautiful view of the beach from the pool and only a short walk to shops, restaurants and bars on both ends of the hotel - the beach side and the main road out front.
Breakfast was good too all we had to do was ask for bacon and eggs and they were made fresh to order and brought to the table in addition to a small but yummy buffet selection of fruit, toast, rice etc.
Would have no reservations on coming back next time with the kids. Good value for money and friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank stacey H
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Rooms are so out of date. We arrived at 1pm to be told that one of our rooms wouldnt be ready until 7pm. Not acceptable. I approached Reception on my own and was met with a VERY rude and sarcastic man telling me that there was nothing he could do and also telling me we were not checkin out until 6pm on our leaving date, I then explained that we had paid for late check out. That put him back in his box. The air cons dont work (we were in 3 rooms) the rooms are full of mozzies. The breakfast is CRAP! The location is perfect, the driver who sits in the hut out the front is wonderful, we used him twice. The Pool chairs get taken by all the oldies very early int he morning. If you are under 40 years old I would not reccommend staying here. I regret not listening to by fellow trip advisors warning me about this hotel. It left a very sour taste in our mouth. I have never come across such awfully rude reception staff in my time in bali. Please listen to this review. I would hate for you to regret your stay here like we did

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank polly95
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overall a great hotel , fantastic location BUT.....there is a small shop on the beach on the northern end of the hotel (left as you face the beach) ran by an older lady who absolutely terrorises the guests trying to relax around the beach (I saw her even around the pool area). She tries to force (with a degree of success) the hotel guests into getting massages (at way over market price) or buying clothes from her . She gets very upset when the guests say no .
Does the hotel sanction this behaviour ? I spoke to a number of guests upset with her behaviour.
All guests be very wary of her . Recommend to avoid all dealings with her . If you must MAKE SURE to set the price first and bargain hard .

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family