“My review of the Swiss Belresort Watu Jimbar” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar

Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar
Ranked #19 of 76 Hotels in Sanur
Darwin, Australia
“My review of the Swiss Belresort Watu Jimbar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We had a Grand Deluxe plunge pool room for 6 nights. We were originally put in room 8092. Do not take this room. The toilet has no legroom between shower wall and toilet, had to sit sidesaddle until another room became available, I am only 160cm short :). The sliding door to the pool had a huge gap all the way around it and the mozzies easily found their way in. We were given the room next door on our 3rd day there although other rooms were initially offered to us but not a plunge pool room. Now some little things.
Firstly - being a plunge pool room you would think there would have been beach towels, we had to ring reception to get them and then when room was cleaned, no replacements left. There are no drinking glasses, only coffee mugs. There were no bathrobes and although this might seem petty, the 6 days and 7 nights we stayed there we never received any creative towel folding of our towels when our room was made up, this would have been a pleasant surprise to come back to but disappointingly nothing. Oh and those of you with children - no DVD player in any of the rooms.
Now on the plus side, the room is definitely spacious, the light switches and power points were very convenient. Our room, 8090 was wonderfully quiet. The bed was amazing and so were the pillows. The wifi was exceptional. The airconditioning works very well and found ourselves turning it up to 30 at night because it was so cold. The local staff are wonderful and do an amazing job. They are helpful, friendly, beautiful staff. The breakfast menu was okay, the food prepared was excellent. Our last day was a full buffet but I believe this was only because there was a large contingent staying at the hotel. Not sure what the other rooms were like, although I did ask about the pool view rooms for a friend and was told that they only have twin beds. The beach club is way up the other end of the street and although a free shuttle is offered, if you just want to go to the beach you can cut through many of the other hotels and so much closer.
I guess overall for a brand new hotel and although not fully opened there are quite a few things that still need fixing, even the wallpaper has started peeling off the walls and the plunge pools definitely need some work, over full, under filled, just not right.
I guess you get what you pay for and we did get a great deal, however for a new hotel there are structural problems and this was a little disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MegSteve
Watujimbar, General Manager at Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear "MegSteve"

thank you for your detailed review. We apologize for the shortcomings but can inform that the missing equipment is being delivered as we write. We took note of your comments about the comfortable beds, exceptional WIFI and the breakfast and also addressed the towel animal set up and the pool towel for the sun loungers on the balcony.

We hope to welcome you back once we are in full swing - please contact us directly at resvsrwj@swiss-belhotel.com for you next booking - we will simply match your rate of the first stay.

Marco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
West coast, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Originally I had only one night booked, but I loved the place so much I extended my stay four more nights!

Because I extended my stay I was able to see several rooms, starting with a Jacuzzi room and ending with a plunge pool room. For sure, go with a plunge pool room. The plunge pool is small and although it isn't private you can go for a dip in the hot evenings after the regular pool is closed. The Jacuzzi rooms face out on a residential area which can give you some doggie barking in the early morning. Because the jacuzzi needs to be filled before use, I didn't get a chance to try it, but it looked inviting. Otherwise the rooms were comfortable and had everything I needed and I slept quite well.

The food was great, both room service and the breakfast. There was a lot of variety at the buffet including fresh omelets made to order. Room service was accommodating even when I asked for something off the menu.

I loved the enormous pool, and although I don't have a little kid, there is a great little roped-off shallow area for tiny ones to play safely.

Things I look for at a higher-end resort like this are attention to detail. The small things. And I have to say that the Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar definitely gets the small things right: Beautiful landscaping. Consistent hot water in the shower. A 110v outlet. A good Internet connection. Local artwork. And fresh chocolate chip cookies!

But more than anything, it was the staff that made my stay so wonderful. Really everyone was terrific and demonstrated a warm and inviting Balinese spirit, full of smiles and an authentic desire to make sure my vacation was great. I want to give a particular thank you to Gung Gek in Guest Relations; she made a really special effort to extend my stay and was just a pleasure to work with. Thank you! I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Go with a plunge pool room. They're the quietest as they face in on the courtyard.
4 Thank 40pluscountries
Watujimbar, General Manager at Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear "40pluscountries"

wow it is so rewarding to read your inspiring review of our resort. Yes we decided to offer a "refreshment corner" in the lobby instead of the in-room welcome fruit. Our guests have a choice of homemade ice tea and cookies, fresh apples and some candies.

Our breakfast will eventually change to full buffet but as for now we serve home baked bread, muesli, cold cuts and so on from the buffet while hot dishes like poached eggs and others are made to order.

Once again, thank so much and please come again ;-)

By the way, we recommend to book direct to us to get extra goodies -way better than via a 3rd party. You may contact our reservation team at resvsrwj@swiss-belhotel.com

Happy travels

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight before our transfer to Nusa Lembongan. Friendly staff that couldn't do enough for you. Got a great rate through Agoda. Rooms fresh, clean and modern. Breakfast was was very tasty - try the rosti, yum! Still some rooms not finished but overall an excellent short stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovetravelAustralia
Watujimbar, General Manager at Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear "lovetravelAustralia"

a very big THANK YOU for such a nice review. We certainly will expand the breakfast but aim to be different with a touch of "Switzerland" with the roesti ;-)
Happy travels and hope to welcome you soon back.

resvsrwj@swiss-belhotel.com
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in mid may. My husband and I enjoyed our short stay very much and could not fault anything for the price we paid. However, I would like to make a comment on our jacuzi room which was overlooking the locals back yards. The jacuzi was unusable as the heat on balcony was extreme. Also the toilet and shower in these rooms are badly designed are too small and tight. So in essence this deal was good for $80 per night, but we would not pay any more for these rooms. If we come back we would have to have pool view on first floor, as they allocated us floor 5 on arrival as I do not like heights we asked for a room on first level and they managed to change our room no problem. 3 nights in this room was ok but if we stay any longer we definitely would need a room with pool view. overall very satisfied with our promo deal and would return if the price is right. Special mention for special people are the young food and Beveridge manager Anta- he was professional, helpful and caring, and does a great job in the restaurant. Fira- guest relations was also lovely and very friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived she helped us to settle in. And of course all the staff on reception , I cant remember l their names but they were all fantastic , I hope resort management appreciate the good staff as they are a great asset to this resort.

Room Tip: Request a room with a pool view or ground floor with plunge pool. They seem to be brighter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 62Dee
Dear "62Dee"
thank you for your detailed feedback. We are ware of the point that some of the rooms face the issue of the small toilet cubicle and are addressing it to all parties involved.
We are thrilled to learn you enjoyed an overall great stay and hope we can welcome you once we are in full swing,.

Bets regards

Marco & Team
For info and reservations: resvsrwj@swiss-belhotel.com
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

i was really looking forward to staying here after seeing photo, didn't not live up to photos
check in no problem , got to room i wanted to have shower , had shower it was block flooded the room, went to front desk to tell them about hour latter man come to unblock and said it was fixed , had shower next morn shower was still blocked , used the toilet hahah very little water come out and would not flash , went for breakfast staff was not helpful at all was lucky to get piece of bread,
i have gone to front desk to let them know , that night i come back to room the bed was made but bottle water coffee ect was not replaced, i have let front desk staff know the night manage called and said oh you have problem with telephone hahaha the phone work fine and he didn't ask about the issue , i had to email the agent who i book hotel through they had to contacted hotel so something would be done , hotel new and room are all read in poor condition paint over wall paper , floor bad damage bath tub cracked would be leaking lower floor for sure and no rails on stare as can be seen from photo kid could fall through , i booked this hotel for 6 night checked out on 3 day it was so bad ,

Room Tip: would not stay
4 Thank Rbp303
Watujimbar, General Manager at Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear "Rbp303"

thank you very much for your feedback and please apologize for not meeting your expectations.

While we have no excuse for the shortcomings in housekeeping and the defecting of wallpaper, etc I would like to let people know that we contacted you on several occasions, including from Executive Office, but you seemed not to accept our invitation. I was talking personally with your agents and offered to waive the 3 nights even it was pre-paid and non refundable.

Breakfast was enjoyed by some 98 people on the said morning and I am surprised to read your disappointment.

Once again, we apologize for you not being happy - but it needs two to tango.

Best regards and we hope you enjoyed your remaining 3 nights in Bali.

Please feel free t contact me via resvsrwj@swiss-belhotel.com should you wish to discuss your recent or a possible next visit

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights we loved the place the atmosphere. The staff were ever so obliging couldn't ask for more. The resort isn't finished yet but we never had any problems in our stay. We had a jacuzzi room tho we never used it to hot. We chose air conditioner over jacuzzi. The room was spacious clean comfy bed. Close to restaurants and shops. Food was yummy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shaza62
Dear 'Shaza62"

thanks for your response, especially about the food. We pay a lot of attention with our culinary team and will soon launch a "sunday @ the pool" concept with a extra loooong happy hour at the pool bar.

Cheers

Marco
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Congratulations on a wonderful opening of your new Hotel!
The Swiss-Belresort Watu Jimbar is a fantastic new hotel in the heart of beautiful Sanur. Walking distance to beach, restaurants, shopping ect. The Hotel has been only open for a few weeks and there is still works in progress but I was not inconvenienced at all. The atmosphere was always quiet & relaxing just as I needed for my holiday. I had a pool facing room which was lovely to be able to sit and relax on my balcony. Breakfast was buffet and you could also choose from many delicious dishes cooked fresh...awesome.
The GM, Marco & his wonderful and friendly team have done a great job with the challenge of opening a newly built hotel and dealing with any teething problems.
It was exciting to hear of the continuing and future plans for the Hotel...I will definitely be staying here again in the future.

2 Thank love2go123
Dear "love2go123"

a big THANK YOU for your feedback shared with fellow travelers.
We keep listening to our guests and will always keep doing so.

We are only a few weeks old and have a long journey that will never end.

We do hope to welcome you back here with us at Swiss-Belresort Sanur.

Please LIKE us on Facebook and stay in contact with us and Sanur.

Bets regards