1,472 results
All reviews camp splash kids club water slides bedroom suite kids pool paradise suites shuttle bus great family resort kids activities family holiday table tennis games room during happy hour main pool full kitchen rooms are huge sister hotel
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have just returned from our fourth trip to this hotel and we will keep returning as it ticks all the boxes for us as a family with three young boys (7,4 and 8 months). We love the spacious apartments with Kitchenette, dining and lounge area. Yes the apartments are slightly tired but we always found them to be very clean and any problems we have ever had (which has not been many in four visits) have been rectified immediately. We enjoy being able to put the boys to bed and then enjoy a movie or sitting on the balcony without having to creep around sleeping children! Also having a fully functioning kitchen is great for the odd kids lunch or dinner we want to throw together. My kids love the waterside and camp splash and I have to disagree with a previous recent review, as I find the staff at camp splash very attentive and on the ball where watching the kids are concerned and because the hotel is not huge they get to know the kids really well and vice versa.I can't praise the staff at camp splash highly enough! Love the 'adult' pool area too lots of beds and we really enjoyed the addition of DJ music during happy hour this year as it really added atmosphere. Also you can grab a poolside foot massage etc. which although is more expensive than spas outside of the hotel they are still very decently priced as is all the food and drink at the hotel. Breakfast offers plenty of variety and staff are very attentive. This hotel as they clearly state is not on the beach but there is a very convenient shuttle that takes you there and many many taxis on hand (approx $3 to the beach). Also there is now access out the back of the complex so it is just a short stroll into town to the supermarket, shops and several decent restaurants. I can also highly recommend the baby sitting services, Ayu and Yugi are truly wonderful and have been helping me with my boys for four years now! Overall a really pleasant place to stay which is great for families with kids of all ages and above all truly great value for money.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the first floor over looking pool.
2  Thank hoppi35
Stuart B, General Manager at Prime Plaza Suites Sanur - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your positive review on the Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites. I also would like to thank you also for your comments with regards to the attentive kids club staff. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us. You would have seen some significant property improvements throughout the years that you have been staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your 5th visit.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed last year, but the travel agent booked us somewhere else this time. After staying at the other accommodation for 5 days we had enough of mediocre service and booked back into this hotel.

What a change, it was like coming home. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Excellent information on what to do/where to go in Bali. Great place for children. If you want a quiet holiday this is probably not the spot for you but we love it. There is now a "happy hour" every day (2 drinks for the price of 1).

It is on the main road and some reviews have made this a negative, but it is really not an issue. Once your there you don't hear the noise and eventhough it is not on the beach, there is now a back gate for you to walk to Sanur and from there you can walk though one of the resorts to get to the beach. The gate closes at 6pm which makes the walk back from Sanur quite long and I would suggest taking a taxi after that time. There is the shuttle which comes and goes regularly but we found that it was quicker to walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank icb1048

Thank you for your positive review on the TripAdvisor website. We are very pleased that you decided midflight to change your holiday plans and return to the Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites. The back gate has been a huge hit with only a 7 minute to Hardy’s and the surrounding shops. We hope that next time you will book again with us, as we would love to see you back again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is perfect for families as it caters for kids so well. The apartments are huge. Our 2bedroom while not luxurious was comfortable, had 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, huge living area and a balcony - perfect for our family of four. The decor is a bit dated but the sheets are clean, the beds comfortable and there is no need to worry about kids breaking things. One great idea that other hotels in Bali should note was the drinking water dispenser in the room. First bottle free - after 5 days we were barely half way through it.
The staff are friendly, Happy Hour from 4-6 daily keeps the adults happy while the kids frolic in the pool and our girls aged 9 and 8 loved the water slide. We ate in the restaurant one night for dinner and the sate buffet was good value at $17 for adults and $8 for kids - they were also having a wine promotion so we got a reasonable Two Islands Chardonnay for about $15.
As it was school holidays the place was full of Aussie families - some multigenerational - and the vibe was relaxed as there was something here to keep everyone happy.
The location is not ideal but it is easy to get around in either the hourly shuttle bus to beach and shopping centre or by taxi about AUD 3 per trip.

2  Thank indiga_11
Stuart B, General Manager at Prime Plaza Suites Sanur - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your positive review on the TripAdvisor website. As a senior reviewer we appreciate your comments. We are very much focusing on families and the rooms are spacious enough to cater for all families of all sizes. We do hope that you also utilized our back gate as it is a mere 6-minute walk to Hardy’s and the surrounding shops. We are very happy that you enjoyed your holiday and we would like to welcome you back to the Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was my first time staying at Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites and I will definately be returning.

As has been said plenty of times the rooms are spacious and allows for you to cook up small meals if you desire - great when you have a 2 1/2 year old.

Facilities and staff were great and once I got my head around shuttle times this worked a treat - especially for dinner. Short walk to Hardy's another asset - stock up on nibbles/fruit etc.

The staff at Camp Splash did not seem to be that on top of things - at times busy talking amongst themselves. It was disappointing on the Saturday when there was a party at Camp Splash - the staff were more concerned with the party guests than the hotel guests.

All up though - very happy and will be back again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gail M

Thank you for your positive ratings on the TripAdvisor website. We will investigate the issue you raised with Camp Splash to ensure that this issues do not happen again. We are pleased that you were happy with the Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites and we look forward welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our family of four (two boys, 1Y and 4Y) stayed for five nights in September and it was just ok.

Pros: The waterslide and pools provided hours of fun. Hotel staff were always friendly and mostly helpful. Breakfast had a pretty good selection and eggs to order. Bed was very comfy.

Just okay: Kid’s Club - staff weren’t as attentive as I would have liked, so I didn’t feel comfortable leaving my 4YO there by himself. It would be better for older kids.

Cons: The room (2BR apartment), while spacious, was shabby, poorly furnished and had a mouldy scent (hadn’t been opened in a while). And the bathrooms were the smallest we’ve ever had in Bali, so much so that it was uncomfortable when bathing my 1YO. We should have taken advice from previous posts and asked to be moved, apparently some of the hotel has been renovated - I don't understand why they don't put guests in there in the first instance. Housekeeping was way below par – they don’t do the dishes or change bedding (even after 5N), and don’t clear away the empties from the benchtop, which increased a little each day (maybe they thought I wanted to get some $ back for the bottles). I expect better for the rate we paid. Location is out of the way, but I knew that when I booked - more inconvenient than I thought it would be with a little one. Lucky transport is readily available.

All up, it was just okay. I wouldn’t stay here again. We visit Bali every year and by comparison, we definitely didn’t’ get what we paid for.

Room Tip: If you get put in an old room, ask to be moved!
2  Thank NicOfOz
Stuart B, General Manager at Prime Plaza Suites Sanur - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites. It is a shame that you did not like the kids club facilities as we have had numerous positive comments on this TripAdvisor website. We have just undertaken renovations within Kids Club that we hope this will enhance our facilities. As highlighted in all our kitchens our housekeeping staff do not wash dishes and tidy items on kitchen benches. We have a an environmental campaign and perhaps your 'goes green" card placement indicated that you did not wish to have your linen changed every. We do apologise if this caused any confusion.