As we were going to be in Bali for 10 nights I wanted to make sure that we stayed in a place with plenty of space. As a family of 4 (kids aged 10 and 8) I have been caught out in the past with nice accommodation but a tiny room. So, I am glad we choose Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites. We had one of the two bedroom suites and it was huge. It had a decent size kitchen, massive lounge/dining area. Two large bedrooms (master also had an LCD TV) and a two bathrooms ( very handy if bali belly kicks in ). Our room was facing the main road, and after reading some of the reviews I was a bit concerned it was going to be noisy. To be honest, I really didn't notice the noise other than in the kitchen. Closing the kitchen door kept the rest of the suite quite.
The hotel is 17 years old now, and in places it is starting to show it's age a bit, but in general everything was working well and kept clean. The also provide a large bottled water dispenser which is a nice bonus.
The hotel offered free wifi (please take note Australian hotels that keep wanting to charge $25 a day) and while it wasn't the fastest in the world, it still worked well enough to allow me to check emails and make skype calls without any issues.
There are two pools on site. A kids pool with a fantastic waterslide as well as the main pool. Even though we were in peak season, it never felt over crowded.
The Breakfast Buffet offered a very good selection of Western and Asian foods with a number of dishes rotating daily. Only real issue is that the Banana Pancakes should have been on every day. They were delicious.
We also ate at the hotel restaurant a couple of nights and the food was also nice and the prices were reasonable for a hotel.
The only downside to this hotel is that it's location won't appeal to everyone. They now have a back entrance which allows you to quickly get down to the main street (about 5 minutes walk) and to the beach (about 10 minutes walk). Unfortunately this gets locked at 5.30pm each night. It is a real pity they couldn't push this back to 7.30pm as it would allow you to wander down the main street for an early dinner and then come back to the hotel. I also wouldn't recommend walking along the Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai at night as large sections of the footpath are missing and you could easily end up in the drain.
Overall, this is a really nice place to stay with great facilities and really friendly, helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Affordable family accommodation in one of the most popular family resort in Bali and has been voted as Top 25 Hotels for Families in Indonesia by Tripadvisor 3 years in a row, 2014, 2015 and 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanur Paradise Plaza Hotel Sanur
- Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites Bali