1,447 results
All reviewscamp splashkids clubwater slidesbedroom suitekids poolparadise suitesshuttle busgreat family resortkids activitiesfamily holidaytable tennisgames roomduring happy hourmain poolfull kitchenrooms are hugesister hotel
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I've been waiting to review this place properly. I was new to TA when I first went to Bali and was so impressed with this place that I hopped on to do a pre-review after the first day or so, only to find that I couldn't update as I went on!

Famiies - SP has activities for the kids which are very well organised and varied. It really keeps them interested culturally, intellectually and physically. From looking at other hotels for 2013, kids' camps don't come readily. Some say they have it but it is just a tiny enclosed playpen with balls (e.g Grand Kuta Hotel, Mercure Resort Sanur where you have to pay for the kids' club).

There are activities for the whole family or for adults as well like tours to the market, padi fields (which was better than a trip we took and paid for), language classes, craft activities, diving, etc etc etc. These are all complimentary and the staff running them are so very patient and committed. On our first day, we dressed up in the cultural costume and had pics taken. This shows how creative they are in their activities. Have to book a day in advance so have to be just a tad organised. All up in our 2-week holiday, the activities at SP gave me the best cultural experience. My son came back with the craft we produced (made of coconut leaves) and displayed them on the shelves in the lounge area.

Oh! Camp Splash, the kids' club, has a special pool area for the kids which has a slide that entertained my boys for hours! They slept very well after those days. :) The slide was safe and in fact kept the boys so happy that we end up at Waterbom (probably good as those who have been say Waterbom slides are not really safe for young kids). My husband had to supervise my 3 yo though as the water is quite deep once they come off the slide - understandably.

The pool was great! It was warm and adequate for swimming or just cooling down in. Towels were a bit hard to locate unless you knew they were stored where the kids' club is. Once the kids' club ends, the pool does get very busy with the kids jumping in but that's after 6 pm and only once school hols began. We noticed the difference as we were there before and during school hols.

I think I covered the room details in my previous review (2 x 2 self-contained apartment). To add to that, there was generous water supplied (1 gallon with a hot or cold dispenser), great kitchen, family-sized fridge, coffee/tea, toieltries, etc. Must add that room service was really amazing - so discrete and so very clean. I felt pampered. They have an eco policy where you place a card to indicate when you'd like the sheets changed. I meant to wait 2 days then have them changed but the staff was ahead. They had brought the new sheets etc to freshen up all our beds. That was a nice touch for those who may forget or have 'lower standards' of hygiene. :) I liked how the bathrooms were next to each other so the kids could be 'supervised'. Simple string across the bath also enables you to drip dry your bathers instead of them dripping all the way to the rack on the balcony. They provided us with three keycards to the room whcih allowed my son to dash out to the club or to breakfast and back without his dad. As i had previously reviewed the rooms were huge and it was spacious all through the suite. The furniture was comfy and we felt we could just relax. There was ample space to put our things and mess could be stacked away. They have desks with chairs in each room and one in the lounge so the 'mess' can be contained and not spill onto coffee tables and dining tables.

Breakfast was better at the hotel which we shuttled to. However, on the second occasion we rushed off without our breakfast voucher and the staff treated us suspiciously even though we told them what happened. When we asked them to check on the computer to find our details as we had put the vouchers on our account, they couldn't find it! They were even more suspicious then and we had to sit out till that was sorted out. We had rushed as we had somewhere else to go and hence you can imagine how we felt. First, we were running late and secondly, it wasn't pleasant being treated like thieves. But that was at the hotel where staff were less personal as there were a lot more people. The food range was better so we returned once more. My husband who eats way more than I do preferred the wider range at the hotel (e.g. caramel and vanilla coffee compared to just plain brewed coffee at the Suites). :) The hotel is not as child-friendly so i felt less comfy there as my boys do get restless. They were free to roam at the Terrace Suites SP. The staff is also more attentive at the Terrace Suites.

The only other nice touch to the hotel was the live rindik music. The staff allowed my son and I to have a go and I learnt how to play a simple 'riff'. We ended up buying a tinglik which is a smaller version and have enjoyed reproducing Bali music back home.

At the SP Suites, staff were personable and it was a more relaxed atmosphere. You get to know the staff through their activities, at meal times as there were more regular staff, etc. All round they just seemed more accommodating.

I thought I'd follow up with this review as we still look back on our holidays and attribute the memories to our stay at SP. Thank you to the staff esp Wida, Widi and the driver who took us around (the older man - I just can't remember his name right now). They really made our trip by being informative, patient and just all round genuine and warm. I think we missed the shuttle once and they felt so sorry for us and proceded to find an alternative means for us to get to Hardys instead of telling us to wait till the next shuttle. I don't think you will get that elsewhere! Fortunately, our favourite driver Iarrgghh! Just annoyed I can't remember his name) happened to do a drop off from the airport. He happily took us where we needed to go.

On that matter, the location of SP is not the best if you are inclined to walk around quickly to the shops, etc. However, the shuttle service is great and takes you to the hotel, Hardy's, market, and possibly one other place - ahh, the Beach Club but it was low tide then and we didn't return again (I don't think one should go to Bali for its beaches). However, if you stay late, you have to depend on the taxis and it wasn't as easy to get one as it was in Legian so one night we had to walk home after staying at the market for too long. Taxis in Sanur on the hold were harder to find esp if you are fussy about using Blue Birds but that is a Sanur issue, not SP.

The shuttle is an old fashion bus with open windows. Some complain about its safety but it was an interesting experience as it was just a short ride anyway. We treated it as an adventure. I suggested that they do drop offs at the market as well so hope they include that but I'm sure if you wanted to, they'd drop you there anyway. Be warned that the driver, depending on who, may not always wait at SPPS before zipping off to next stop so be early and wait. Our fav driver didn't do that though! :)

We stayed 7 nights altogether and would have liked to stay again as we are returning next year but they don't seem to let you book so far ahead online, or they don't offer specials so early in the piece either. We had a really special package when we were there and it was worth every bit of it. It didn't look 4 star when we were there due to reno but the service and quality of stay was certainly 4.5/5. Staff service was 5. I hope they remunerate the staff accordingly so that that is maintained.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, facing the pool and possibly close to the road and we can't tell if that was better or worse. There were workers on the first or ground floor renovating the lobby area but that didn't cause any problems. The only thing about where we were is that walking to the pool and restaurant was a bit awkward with the lobby renos as we had to take a big circle through the underground carpark with workers around. Once I found a short cut it was much better - still through the carpark. This however is only due to the renovation. Once that is completed, I don't think this will be an issue.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Aggie M
Stuart B, General Manager at Prime Plaza Suites Sanur - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your positive comments, as a senior contributor we appreciate the time and effort you have put into your review.

We do take great pride in our Camp Splash, we believe if the kids are happy the parents will be happy. The staff does put their hearts and soul into keeping the kids occupied.

Regarding your experience for breakfast at the Hotel, we do apologize. Sometimes the Hotel does get busy. We will be highlighting this to ensure guests who forget the breakfast coupons have a better experience in sorting it out.
We just completed the lobby renovations at the Suites and you will get to see this on your next visit.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Just spent 9 nights here with a young family (1,2 and 4 years) and it could not have been more perfect for our needs. A little removed from the hustle and bustle which was a plus point. The apartments had plenty of room, a DVD player for downtime, a great waterslide and we took advantage of some babysitting which worked a treat for everyone in the family (the ladies were lovely, the kids were played with, fed, bathed and put to bed while my husband and I enjoyed a night out together). Staff were great. Food was fine (not much on presentation but taste was OK). Would have no problems recommending this hotel and would return here again. Go for the late checkout package: the massage on the last day was fantastic!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
5  Thank LanniR73

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites. Our location is perfect for families and the baby sitting services is great for parents, the baby sitters are our own staff who do a fantastic job. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites on your next visit.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place is fantastic for families - we had a two bedroom apartment which was very spacious. My children loved the water slide and were happy to go in the kids club for a couple of hours if we wanted to go shopping. The buffet breakfast was fantastic - pancakes, french toast, fruit, egg station, indonesian dishes...great!! Recommed you buy buffet breakfast there as you can get it for cheaper (they have packages). The walk to the shopping area was too hard with kids, but the complimentary shuttle bus was excellent and took about 5 minutes to get there. Otherwise taxi cost us about $1.50 one way. Staff were very helpful also.

2  Thank sonia p
Stuart B, General Manager at Prime Plaza Suites Sanur - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for your review of the Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Great place for families, love the spacious apartments . Also extr benefit was the complimentary shuttle bus to the beach and shop. Very helpful staff and the kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool, waterslide nd kids club. Recommended especially for families with kids. Would recommend they include a buffet breakfast.

2  Thank chocolate3

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Actually our stay is yet to end, its the 3rd day in the hotel and I'm already planning my next trip here. My family has booked this hotel for 5 nights, I wasn't expecting much, as had read mixed reactions posted on website (tripadvisor) however we were pleasantly surprised after checking in, everything looked nice, spacious rooms with a balcony and very neat toilets. Though the very first night the AC of our master bedroom didnt work thus we couldn't sleep properly. The staff offered us a different room but it was quite late, we had already unpacked and kids were asleep so we decided to stay put but it was repaired the next day. When asked for compensation they immediately offered facilities in lieu which was acceptable to us. I'm going to recommend this hotel to all my friends and family members. The entire hotel is so service oriented and friendly that make us feel like a celebrity. Our kids are very happy that they do not want to venture out to see places either they want to stay in the room or go to the pool. The hotel is spacious and it feels secured better than home as people are always around to pamper you. They even extended our check out once I'd told them that my flight departs at 10pm. The good thing is the kitchen is quite handy equipped with oven, toaster, stove, fridge, crockery, cutlery even there is a water boiler to boil water for tea and coffer provided free in the room along with mineral water a 10 ltr tank with dispenser. We couldn't ask for more. Many thanks Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites for making our stay very comfortable and memorable.

V. Samson

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside are quieter than the rooms facing the road (its a highway), though we didn't eat at the hotel but other guests were quite happy with their food.
10  Thank V S