“Excellent food, good price”
Review of The Fire Station

The Fire Station
Ranked #37 of 461 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Australian, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A lively GastroPub and grill..
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our dinner in the fire station was great. Beet root salad to start and the wagyu burger and beef pie as main course. All of them were excellent. The burger was one of the best i've had since a long time. The beef pie was perfect (according to my wife). A good choice of wine made it a very nice evening. Definitely a must do in sanur. The price was fair, not high keeping in mind we had several glasses of wine.

1  Thank Peter H
Trippynick, Owner at The Fire Station, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Please come back soon..we really try and keep the wine prices as low as possible to so we can have varied list.

Cheers!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,221)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Excellent food, great staff. 3 suggestions though: (1) Local wines, specifically Plaga and Two Islands, are as good as some of the imports on the wine list, so why are no local wines offered? Tourists may prefer to sample a local wine. (2) The Scotch Eggs are superb, but the fact the meat is pork should be advised (3) pepper and salt should be in shakers, or preferably grinders, rather than bowls from which the diner takes pinches - my thoughts were on whether a previous customer had picked his nose before taking a pinch so I gave it a miss.

1  Thank LB L

Hi LB L,

Thanks very much for the kind review....we will add the pork note to the scotch eggs, they should always be made from sausage meat!

Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We ventured to the Fire station.
The food was expensive and nothing special at all. It was edible though.
I had a red Thai seafood curry.
The sauce was (in my opinion) made from packet red Thai curry you can buy in Hardies and the seafood was stingy.
My friends had the pork belly with an over sweet sauce and stingy veggies.
The atmosphere and everything else was only ok, so it’s not my choice for a meal out, but im no expert and its only my opinion.Not at the top of my list,but not the worst either.

1  Thank Trevor T
Trippynick, Owner at The Fire Station, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Hi Trevor T,

Our Thai seafood curry is made with fresh herbs and Thai curry paste, prawns, fish ( whatever we think is best at the time) fresh from the Fish Market and some of the top Hotel suppliers in Bali ,and all personally checked by our Australian chef.

Great care goes into the food and luckily, generally our customers are very happy.

I was very sorry to read you weren't happy and read your other reviews.I can see you are hard marker!

We do our best and strive to do better and better..

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have just arrived in Bali today and although tired we decided to venture out for food. I'd read about this place before we left home and had to try the wagyu burger! OMG SOO glad we did as it was incredible. Perfectly cooked and so full of flavour.
Drinks very reasonable and it has a good vibe. Definitely going back before leave.

1  Thank Cat-Girl25

Hi Cat-Girl25,

Im very happy we made your first night in Sanur so enjoyable!

See you again very soon I hope!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Want meat or seafood in Sanur? This is the place to go. I was amazed both that black pudding was on the menu and then how utterly delicious it was. My wife also enjoyed her food here. If you want an authentic Indonesian experience this isn't the place for you, but if you want meat or fish, cooked really well and tasting really good, then yeah make sure you eat here.

Try the black pudding, it is soooooo good!

2  Thank ffew

Thank you ffew, for the great review,

Black pudding is a personal favourite of mine too , not for everyone, but those who love it , love ours!

Please come and see us again next time from Surabaya ( Great city!)