“Black pudding alone is worth it!”
Review of The Fire Station

The Fire Station
Ranked #31 of 448 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Australian, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A lively GastroPub and grill..
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Want meat or seafood in Sanur? This is the place to go. I was amazed both that black pudding was on the menu and then how utterly delicious it was. My wife also enjoyed her food here. If you want an authentic Indonesian experience this isn't the place for you, but if you want meat or fish, cooked really well and tasting really good, then yeah make sure you eat here.

Try the black pudding, it is soooooo good!

2  Thank ffew
Trippynick, Owner at The Fire Station, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you ffew, for the great review,

Black pudding is a personal favourite of mine too , not for everyone, but those who love it , love ours!

Please come and see us again next time from Surabaya ( Great city!)

There are newer reviews for The Fire Station

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The Firestation is a great place for dinner and drinks.

Starters: The buffalo wings and calamari were excellent.
Mains: The Crispy Pork Belly and Wagyu burger were top class.
Enjoyed a jug of Sangria, highly refreshing.

Ended off our meal with lemon cake as well as well as apple crumble. Lovely.

1  Thank melvinkslee

Thanks very much..great menu choice.

The calamari is sashimi grade and Im glad you enjoyed it, and everything else..The Key Lime Pie has proved very popular and well will be keeping it on the menu!

Please dine with us again on your next trip .

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The place was marvelous. I am a beef eater living in India where a good beef dish is almost non-existent. I decided to indulge in the steak dish and I am so glad I did. It was tender and delicious. I also indulged in the spicy buffalo wings... SO GOOD! My friend had the beef pot pie and was in heaven the whole time she was devouring the dish. Beware, the pot pie is ginormous!

They have a great selection of wine, beer, and cocktails. I wish I had found this place earlier in my visit to Bali. I would have visited a few more times.

Tip: I suggest calling and making a reservation as this place is pretty popular. Did I mention that they also have wi-fi .

1  Thank mminahji

Hi ,

Thanks for the kind review.I think you had the imported Australian Sirloin which is a very good steak. The Buffalo wings are certainly spicy and Im glad you enjoyed them so much!

Please come again.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The best burgers in Sanur (if only they could make chips like J@C Chicken up the road) and several other dishes also stand out such as the pork belly, steak and fish dishes. Prices are good too.

As a regular is do notice that things sometimes go awry when the chef has a night off or the manager is away, but generally service is excellent.

One criticism: I think the portions for the new Sunday roasts are too small -- a Sunday roast is a meal you should be able to get seconds, or thirds at. Many other venues offer "bottomless" Sunday carveries and while the food may not be quite as good, provide better value for money.

1  Thank SingaporeFox

Hi Singapore Fox,

I will personally go to J&C and check their chips! ( I love their takeaway chicken anyway!).
Im glad to hear you are a regular..we would know you by sight for sure..please come and let us know who you are.

You can have seconds on Sunday as well..its no problems..we will make that clearer in the future!

See you again soon I hope !

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I wanted to try here as I had read other reviews and I must say I wasn't disappointed. The food is excellent, the ribs were amazing and the steak pie gorgeous with the portions large so go hungry!. The atmosphere is very lively and its a very fun place to go. There is a large selection of wines which are not too expensive although I think the pricing of the bottles of wine is a bit off as you would have to buy 5 single glasses of wine to match a the price of a bottle. ~The staff are very good, very attentive and the orders come quickly despite it being such a busy place. I will certainly pay a visit the next time I come to Sanur.

1  Thank Manx_kitten

Thanks for the great review and you will be most welcome !