“Poached eggs!”

the Bread Basket
Ranked #17 of 449 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Bakery and Cafe Concept with fresh bread bake in the premises everyday, offers simple breakfast menu, sandwich and coffee both for dining in or take away, cakes and lunch. European bakery has appealed to local and expat customers with a premium image by opening its outlets with modern ambiance mostly in downtown areas and well-off and expat residential districts.
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Yep their bread is great - lots of yummy loaves you can take away but also a great place to eat in.

I usually don't bother with poached eggs over here but I ordered them this morning and they were perfect!

Not the best coffee around though - passable but its better at grocer and grind or Bali deli.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Coffee has great taste and made in a good machine. The Bread basket is nice, with 2 types of bread plus a croissant.
The latter seemed to be baked a few hours before making it not so soft anymore but had a good taste nonetheless.

The staff here is absolutely lovely. Friendly, outgoing, nice to children.

We saw many people come in just to pickup a loaf of bread also. So should you not have a hotel with bkfst included; I can recommend The Bread Basket. They are closed on sunday by the way. Only downside I can think of.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Maybe it was because I went later in the afternoon...but my Danish didn't seem to be the freshest. Cute decor, and I didn't try the coffee or bread, so probably difficult to rate on just one Danish :/

JoshuaBkids12, Manager at the Bread Basket, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Hi Roo,

Thanks for stopping by and tried our Danish. As for your comment, we do baked all our bread in the morning so all our bread is fresh. Hope you can come again and visit us in the morning for breakfast or coffee - and we are sure you can give us more accurate rating.
Thanks again for you comment.
Cheers,
Joshua.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The best bread I can find in Bali and I've tried many. Freshly baked in the morning. Very friendly staff. Very friendly owners. Nice interior. Comfy seats.

If they would be open on Sundays and/or after 5PM I would give them 6 stars ;-)

Hi Bori007,

Thank you for your wonderful comment about our bread and our staffs.
Regarding the opening hour, my answer is 'It's coming" and we are working towards that. Considering that we just opened around 4 months ago, we do not want to rush into it and sacrifice the quality of the bread and the service in the process.

Hope to see you again at the shop.
Cheers,
Josh

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Small bakery in the main street with limited seating. English breakfast was AU$3.50 and this was excellent value. Coffee, juices etc. extra. They are a very popular bakery with the European tourists in Sanur.