“Great little bakery cafe”
Review of the Bread Basket

the Bread Basket
Ranked #20 of 436 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Bakery and Cafe Concept with fresh bread bake in the premises everyday, offers simple breakfast menu, sandwich and coffee both for dining in or take away, cakes and lunch. European bakery has appealed to local and expat customers with a premium image by opening its outlets with modern ambiance mostly in downtown areas and well-off and expat residential districts.
Melbourne
“Great little bakery cafe”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Bread Basket has only been open for a month and I'm sure it will be a huge success. It's set back slightly from the road (room for car park/bikes etc out the front), not far from Griya Santrian, opposite Retro cafe and next to Silver Jeans and Gili Cat transfer office. They have their own big sign out the front now so will be easy to locate.

Fresh bread, pastries and muffins available as well as coffee and a minimal light menu. We had the "granola sundae" for breakfast which was great and our cappuccinos were a lovely flavour coffee (although a little too hot and not quite enough froth).

The shop itself has quirky and clever interior, lovely clean toilet too. Staff and owners were lovely and service was great :) We are looking forward to trying the home made jams we bought too. Do yourself a favour and pop in for breakfast or coffee and a cake/freshly baked pastry.

• Visited May 2013
JoshuaBkids12, Manager at the Bread Basket, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thanks for visiting us. How's the jam? Hope you like it.
We had put the Coffee Machine into service to make sure the coffee in the right temperature.

Cheers,
Josh

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Byron Bay, Australia
“I love this place.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We discovered the Bread Basket in Sanur on our last four days in Bali and visited it every day for our daily cuppa (flat white) and Croissant (for me) and Chicken n salad baggett for my hubby. In fact the large croissants are so popular here that you have to get in early to get one.

On our last morning in Sanur we were on the doorstep at 7.30 to get in early only to find that the croissants are baked at 9am so I pre-ordered one for a pick up at 10 on the way to the airport. At 10am when I arrived to get mine, there was only one left on the shelf so I grabbed that one too. Also on our last morning my hubby had the bacon and egg breakfast and was delighted to find that it came with all the trimmings - mushrooms, cherry toms, onion, the best sourbread toast and deliciously done eggs and bacon.

As I don't drink coffee 24hours prior to flying I took a tea bag with me and asked the staff if they could give me a cup of hot water. They did even better than that, they took my tea bag, put it in a 2cup plunger and gave me enough cold milk for two cups of tea...all at no charge (they don't have teas on their menu).

The staff are gorgeous here, so lovely, quick and with beautiful smiles. The owners are lovely - both studied and lived in Australia for a while and so have an understanding about western style food and coffee. And the décor is so funky and fun and vibrant...one really should check out the toilet - it's amazing! There is a book shelf for swap or just lazing back with a good cuppa and read, free wifi and there's great atmosphere. Every time we popped in there was lots of chattering with other customers - it didn't matter whether any of us knew each other, the vibe was so positive and electric.

Really hope this place does well. They have put a lot of thought and effort into it. Also, you'll find them on facebook.

Next trip back to Bali, (we always stay first night in Sanur) this will be my first port of call for a great cuppa.

• Visited May 2013
JoshuaBkids12, Manager at the Bread Basket, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thanks Kezza,

It was a pleasure to see you keep coming back for our croissant and the coffee.
The staffs enjoyed having you here.

we will see you next time.

Cheers