“Fantastic.”
Review of Koa Boutique Spa

Koa Boutique Spa
Ranked #5 of 68 Spas & Wellness in Sanur
More attraction details
Owner description: Koa Boutique Spa is located right in the heart of Sanur.We are very proud to be a Trip Advisor 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 Certificate of Excellence winner. We have internationally trained massage therapists offering Balinese, Hot Stone and Herbal massages along with Sugar body scrubs and all natural Sukin Product Facials. Our Massage oil is 100 % natural virgin coconut oil scented with all natural ingredients. We also have a boutique attached with quality resort wear and accessories. Koa is located opposite Hardys market in the centre of Sanur.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Yes, agree with other reviewers. Koa was lovely. My husband and I both had a 1hr massage just last week and it was great.
The massage ladies did a great job. We asked for it 'strong', and it was.
We especially loved the massage oil, based on virgin coconut oil and available in 3 different scents. I chose coconilla (coconut & vanilla) and I wanted to eat my arms afterwards!
It really is not expensive, at 90k Rp for 1hr. The cheapest you will find in Sanur is 50k Rp for 1hr, all the way up to 550k (as if!!!). Most are around 70k. 90k is a good price point in my opinion.
The only downside is that it does book out, so make a booking!

JacquieP, Owner at Koa Boutique Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thanks so much for your FANTASTIC review. We are always glad to recieve feedback about our exclusive spa products..massage oils and sugar scrubs etc. I invested alot of time in getting the formula's and the natural scents of the products just right!!
I'm pleased you could appreciate the small difference in our service that justify our pricing. Yes it is neccessary to book in the high season as our spa is only small!! Thanks again for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My partner and I went to koa our first day in Bali, we both had the 'Jet-lag' massage and loved it, put us straight into holiday mode. The Spa is really cute and lovely and clean, the girls were very friendly and professional.
I went again for the 2.5 hour 'pamper package' (massage, salt scrub and facial), awesome value and so relaxing!
I also bought some of their yummy products, they smell divine and are made from all natural ingredients, they made great gifts too.
I would probably recommend booking as they were fully booked the second day I went and had to turn a number of people away.
A really great little Spa would most definitely return if in Sanur again!

JacquieP, Owner at Koa Boutique Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

We are so pleased our treatments helped to kick start you into a relaxing holiday mode.The products as you mentioned are exclusive to koa boutique and designed to nourish the skin without leaving a greasy residue.They are based on organic coconut oil and all natural ingredients.
At the moment it is high season and with only 3 massage beds, certain times of the day are getting a little tight...so bookings are advised. Thank you for your lovely review. We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had 7 treatments here over my 10 day stay, mostly balinses massages and also a sugar scrub. I thoroughly recommend this spa as its clean, peaceful with lovely music playing and has experienced staff. A one hour Balinese massage was 9000 rp which is about $9 au, it was well worth the extra $3 - $4 dollars.

JacquieP, Owner at Koa Boutique Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your Koa Spa experiences. Thanks for all the lovely comments. We hope you come to visit us again when you are next in Sanur !!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had my second experience of this spa today. I went two days ago for a hot stone massage.My whole body was sore and I was worried about being 'pummelled' by the therapist which has been my experience often in Asia. She was wonderful. She was trained on India and it showed. She was engaged all way and I really feel she listened to my wishes especially with pain on varioius spots on my body. I loved it so much and felt so much better I booked for the 2.5 hour pamper special for 220000 R. Whilst it was great value for money and my skin felt wonderful afterwards I was sooooo disappointed with the massage. I got a sense that the therapist today didnt want to be there. She started with a nice flowing movemnt on the back then whammy a mad rush..........she totally missed my legs and bashed around my head like it was putty. I was tense and couldnt wait for it to be over. Such a shame. I would go back again but will ask for the first therapist. The products are lovely I just think a bit more training for some regarding etiquette may help. I asked for a cushion under my knees due to a sore back, she never delivered just gave me a towel. Oh well overall I think it is worthy of another try.

JacquieP, Owner at Koa Boutique Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

I am very pleased to hear that you are prepared to give Koa Boutique Spa a second chance to impress you!! I apologize if you did not find your second experience as enjoyable. I will look into your compliant and address your concerns.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had the 2.5 hr special pamper package, sugar scrub, massage & a sukin facial .... In a word AWESOME. It only cost AUD $22, so was great value too.

I had it with three friends & everyone really enjoyed it, one of the best value for money massages in Sanur.

Only two downsides, there is no where to have a shower afterwards, so you my need to go back to our accomodation before going out again. The other, that you can hear people in the shop front of the spa, depending on who is there & how loud they talk it can be distracting. Otherwise a great place. We would all go gin