“Back soon”
Review of La Playa Cafe

La Playa Cafe
Ranked #38 of 433 Restaurants in Sanur
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: “La Playa Cafe features Balinese, Indonesian and Western cuisine and an inviting atmosphere. Situated on the beach next to Bali Hyatt, La Playa Cafe provides a relaxing experience.”
Melbourne, Australia
“Back soon”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We are back in Sanur next week and I can't wait to go for dinner at La Playa. Really is a great place to eat

• Visited October 2013

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
“Our favourite restaurant in Sanur”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were lucky enough to chance on "Café La Playa" on the first day of a two week holiday in Sanur and it became the yardstick by which we judged all other restaurants in Bali. The friendly staff were very attentive, the kitchen was spotless as could be seen through a window on the way to the spotless toilet facilities. I had the best tuna steak I've ever eaten (go for the garlic sauce), the rijsttafel for two was excellent and the beer was always very cold. If you want a medium rare steak you may have to ask for medium and if you want medium ask for "well done" but that is based on my own scale.

"La Playa" also have some very talented live musicians on several evenings every week. Prices were very good especially compared to the big hotels, except for the cocktails which the girls said were not very strong – stick with the beer or soft drinks. I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Dyn-Lwcus
Western Australia, Australia
“Clean kitchen and yummiest food”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Clean kitchen and yummiest food
As soon as our luggage has been put in our hotel room we head straight for the La Playa Café on Sanur beach. It would have the friendliest and cleanest café in Sanur. The first time we went there I asked if I could see the kitchen (I am a clean kitchen freak) and to my surprise it was not a problem they showed me inside the kitchen and it was spotless and so was all the kitchen staff . The toilet is also spotless not a bit like some that I have uncounted. The first thing I ordered was the Satay Pork (8 Pork Satays) which was the tenderest pork I have ever tasted and they even gave me the recipe for the peanut sauce, my partner had the Tuna Steak with Salad and he loved the cold beers and they make the best fresh pineapple juice. You can sit in the café or outside or pick one of the tables on the beach and enjoy the magnificent view can’t see any point in going all the way to Jimbaran Bay when you have it all here in one spot another big plus is the staff they are always happy and friendly.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Peppercorn5
Melbourne, Australia
“Friendly place on the beach”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We had lunch here, the service was good and staff were friendly. Food presentation was a cut above other eating places along the beach at Sanur. For two mains, water and coffees cost 93,000 rupiah. Staff were quick to move us under cover when the rain started and were happy for us to sit and stay in the café until the rain past.

• Visited February 2014
Byron Bay, Australia
“Destination of choice”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We have been coming to La Playa since it opened a few years ago and as frequent travellers to Bali and particularly the Sanur region, we believe it's one of the best spots in the area. Right on the beach, quiet, unpretentious, great food, fantastic prices, excellent staff and service without fail every time. The staff always welcome you openly and on occasions we have requested minor changes or additions to menu items and they are always happy to oblige. We have come to know the manager/ owner through other restaurant ventures and we watch as many customers from all over continually return to La Playa due to the lovely rapport he has built with them. He is happy to have a sit and a chat with everyone and we believe he would never jeopardise his customer relations by trying to rip someone off. If you want a lovely, easy, relaxed atmosphere - day or night- and delicious, well- priced food and drinks, you should definitely stop by this fantastic place!!

• Visited March 2014