“Best Warung in Sanur”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
“Best Warung in Sanur”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've been living in Denpasar for almost 7 years and sometimes I got bored with the restaurants and the food. It's pretty much difficult for me to have a good salad with cheap price around the town, I have to go to Kuta or Seminyak just for a meal and sometimes, the traffic chaos is just not worth it.

When I decided to have lunch in Sanur, I was so glad that I stepped into this place. The place is not too big, but always full with tourists. They have wide selections of food and beverage, the price is reasonable, the service is excellent, the music and the atmosphere inside is cozy, and the food were all delicious. Try the Chicken BBQ, tomato salad with balsamic dressing, and their fruit punch juice. fresh and healthy!

This place is one of my favorites for sure.

• Visited October 2013

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
“Great food value for money”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Hard to get table in evening but great for lunch
Food is cooked well with lots of traditional local. Dishes and cheap bin tang
Food as good as any restaurant but not a place to linger or to go in large groups

• Visited October 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“Cheap food and nice ambience”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have been a few times to the sister restaurant Little Bird and finally decided to try Coconut Tree. I was not disappointed. The same menu (simple but nice) and very cheap is here as well. It is a nice little place with live music a couple of night a week. A very popular little place so a couple of times I sat at the bar for my meal being on my own and not wanting to wait for a table. The staff are friendly and chat to you, other diners sitting at the bar introduced themselves and all in all it was a nice experience. Don't expect anything too fabulous as it is a Warung but the quality of the food is good. I will definitely go back for a quick, easy and cheap meal.

• Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
“Just ok”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Warung Coconut Tree is pretty much as the name suggests: casual and essentially a budget tourist eating spot. We were a party of 5 and sampled as many dishes and drinks (juices mainly).
My curry dish was ok, meat was overcooked; My daughter's satay was tough an dry (over cooked again). My papaya juice was rather bland. Wifi service stopped at 7pm so we could not even check email while waiting for the dishes to come (a bit long-ish on that front too).
If the place was really inexpensive, that could make up for the rest but you can have a
altogether better experience just 7-8mns down the street (heading south) at Warung Kecil....

• Visited August 2013
Maribor, Slovenia
“good food, nice ambience, reasonable prices”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

small (normaly hard to get the table), very good food with normal sized portions (fit for europeans). they are quick and friendly in service, the ambience is lovely. We specially liked unisex restroom - room bolt is awsame :-))

Visited August 2013